Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/09/08 12:12

Iritscen

Re: Levels that you hate

I know the opening/ending are skippable, I was being half-serious.  oxe161 said it took "four minutes" to get back into Oni so I was offering some easy time savers smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 12/11/08 21:12

Lithium

Okay thanks for the help, but i have the PS2 version. Yea so i have the convinience of better controls, but the load screens are hell, when i fight 4 or more enemies my game slows down, and i have limited gameplay options. (oni Team Arena for example)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#28 12/11/08 22:12

Iritscen

Oh wow, okay, I didn't know you were on PS2.  We don't have too many PS2 Oni players here, compared to PC.

(You know, Oni for Windows is sold secondhand pretty cheaply, I think... wink)

#29 12/13/08 14:12

Lithium

Yea Ps2 version isnt that great. The controls are better but the game is too dark, in the rooftops level and atmospheric convention (exterior) i cant see the ground and sometimes fall on accident

#30 12/31/08 16:12

MKUltra

oxe161 wrote:

Yea Ps2 version isnt that great. The controls are better but the game is too dark, in the rooftops level and atmospheric convention (exterior) i cant see the ground and sometimes fall on accident

There is no gamma control option for the PS2 version?? that is... Unfortunate.

Although I am not putting this out for actual "debate" as such, I am not sure I agree with the "better controls" opinion... "Good, old 'W,S,A,D" + trackball mouse FTW! I have learned to use the controls pretty much as easy as I breathe and, in retrospect, it is too bad there was no multiplayer implemented, because I would totally pwn. wink

Also, Happy New Year to everyone! big_smile

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#31 12/31/08 17:12

Iritscen

I've played many games on my PS1/PS2 that were too dark at times... that's where the TV's brightness control comes in handy wink

Better watch those boasts, MKUltra, we might be in a position to put you to the test on that pwning remark at some point smile

#32 12/31/08 17:12

Gumby

Indeed, be careful.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#33 12/31/08 19:12

Lithium

Yea dark times, i need it for the PC (bad) i get bored with the ps2 version, and when i look at the pc version, it looks brighter and more vivid

#34 12/31/08 21:12

Iritscen

Well, I think PC Oni still sells secondhand for a song. (Say that five times fast!)

#35 03/28/09 02:03

Stevinlewis

i dident know there were glicthes in oni cuz i always thought those stuff the throw and stuff were part of the game. lol. how silly am i?:P

#36 04/02/09 18:04

Lithium

Also if you change character before a pacticular cutscene it messes up somthing.Like shinatama at chapter 13, insted of taking the gun, griffin falls and there is no gun

#37 04/15/09 12:04

Aiko

I don't like the second level, mostly due to the laser and the horrible outfit Konoko is wearing. However, all levels are fun when you turn on "Reservoir Dogs" and "Munition Frenzy" then "Moonshadow" and sit back and watch everyone take a weapon and go at each other.

Glitches? Probably one of my favourites is in the Science Lab level when Konoko meets up with Uncle/Kerr.  If  you do "munition frenzy" and there are AI guys in the area, Kerr will pick up a weapon and fire at them and follow you until they are all dead. Be careful with what weapon he picks up because he can and will kill himself accidently.

Look at my buddy in fighting!
uncleshoot.jpg
By linda_san at 2009-04-15

Aiko

#38 04/15/09 12:04

Aiko

These have to be glitches, which of course, are fun!  big_smile

fry.jpg

picture21.jpg