Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/28/08 19:11

Lithium

Levels that you hate

I hate few of the levels in the game but i really hate the rooftops and science prison save point4. Why well in rooftops you can fall and die easily and science prison in acid vats. this idiot keeps using his bomb launcher and kills me or i fall in the acid

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 11/28/08 20:11

Iritscen

Re: Levels that you hate

I'm not fond of any level that requires a lot of running around to find consoles to turn off lasers -- so, about half of them tongue

But specifically, Ch.s 2 (dealing with the same lasers multiple times, then the Deadly Brain), 3 (too long!), and 13 (descending through TCTF HQ, then a Deadly Brain with a vengeance!) are the ones that I always wince at when I get to them.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 11/28/08 22:11

Gumby

I always had an issue with Cargo Hangars, but recently beat it, som I'm good ^_^

It is hard to say for me. Even the levels that were previously somewhat easy are now challenging in AE.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 11/29/08 22:11

gzl5000

Cargo hangars was always one of my least favorite. Too much running around (usually at low health) on high, narrow ledges against numerous enemies with guns.

Dream Diver on AE is super hard as well.

#5 11/29/08 23:11

Gumby

Yeah, dream diver has gotten annoying.

#6 11/30/08 14:11

Lithium

I dont like a part in cargo hangars where you go to three blue rooms, activate consoles, and go in a door, the music there is scary and tells you the game isnt just about a regular city with terrorists, boy was I right.

#7 11/30/08 22:11

ONIrules

I don't really like dream lab cause of short level, and weak enemies (even at hard).

#8 12/01/08 07:12

Iritscen

Hmm?  Too short, too easy?  Probably not in the next release of the AE. wink

#9 12/02/08 00:12

Muro

I don't really hate any of the levels. I do dislike the training and warehouse levels a little though because being the first part of the game they are pretty slow and easy.

#10 12/02/08 06:12

ItemfinderDeluxe

Dream Diver annoyed me because Muro kept grabbing me up close for loads of damage, and if I was lucky and got through the invisi-ninjas and red Furies I still had to deal with Griffin and his stun-gun mad .

Other then that, I also found Rooftops to be annoying, mainly on the opening part and getting the jumps right or dying. And the small ledges...

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#11 12/02/08 18:12

MKUltra

I found "Engines of Evil" particularly noisome. Not because of the level itself, really, but because of that one part where you have to get to the two control rooms on the 2nd level and dodge the laser defenses so many times... it is frustrating just because you have to do it like, 3 or 4 times to get to the Deadly Brain.....

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#12 12/02/08 20:12

Lithium

well in TCTF headqurters first par, in the first floor if i save the female cop and agent they attack an innocent doctor. So i have to "put tem down"

#13 12/02/08 20:12

Gumby

oxe161 wrote:

well in TCTF headqurters first par, in the first floor if i save the female cop and agent they attack an innocent doctor. So i have to "put tem down"

Stronger and Stronger

That is a bug. smile

#14 12/04/08 18:12

Lithium

Oh. Cuz i was like "OMFG!"

#15 12/05/08 23:12

MKUltra

Gumby wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

Stronger and Stronger

That is a bug. smile

Speaking of bugs, one that always makes me lol is the "slide through the air".

The place this most often happens is at the Regional HQ Redux level where the ramps up are broken. You need to do a jump-flip to get over a couple of them, but if you do not pull off the key combo timing just right, you wind up doing a running slide instead. you would think that this would end in failure when it came to the jump, but Konoko actually slides upwards to the next level of catwalk.

It looks really funny ^_^

#16 12/05/08 23:12

Gumby

MKUltra wrote:
Gumby wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

Stronger and Stronger

That is a bug.

Speaking of bugs, one that always makes me lol is the "slide through the air".

The place this most often happens is at the Regional HQ Redux level where the ramps up are broken. You need to do a jump-flip to get over a couple of them, but if you do not pull off the key combo timing just right, you wind up doing a running slide instead. you would think that this would end in failure when it came to the jump, but Konoko actually slides upwards to the next level of catwalk.

It looks really funny ^_^

Yeah, done that before.

#17 12/06/08 02:12

Barneyhater
Website

Lol since we are on the topic of glitches, I remember doing the running throw kick on someone who was on the other side of a door when I meant to kick another striker. roll

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#18 12/07/08 18:12

Lithium

I dont know if this works on the pc version but do a throw on someone then do change character fast and it'll look like the person is getting throwed by an invisible force

#19 12/07/08 18:12

Iritscen

That also happens if you get knocked down during the throw; the thrower's animation can get interrupted, but the throw target will continue to be thrown.

#20 12/08/08 15:12

Lithium

Yea that mostly happens when your a striker(to me at least)
Oh yea i hate the final fight because if you beat the game, i have to wait 4 minutes to play again!

#21 12/08/08 16:12

Iritscen

Pro tip #1: Remove the ending movie from the GameDataFolder, or just rename it, and the game quits immediately after the mission complete screen.

Pro tip #2: Remove/rename the starting movie too so the game immediately hits the main menu when launching.

Pro tip #3: Use Gumby's cutscene-skipping script to skip the opening level's cutscene.

Result: You can probably be playing again in 30 seconds. wink

#22 12/08/08 16:12

Loser

Yea that mostly happens when your a striker(to me at least)

Bug in Striker's STRCOMthrow_fw TRAM, currently fixed only on my PC. Will be included in next version of throw TRAMs.

How to bug: Keep pressing punch+forward rapidly when playing as striker. Often you can overwrite thrower animation with punch forward, so enemy starts thrown animation and striker does punch forward instead of "his" thrower animation. In fact he starts thrower's anim, but it gets interrupted instantly in favor of punch forward attack. Reason of this bug is unknown, happens only with this TRAM up to my knowledge.
                                                                                             Loser

P.S.Offtopic: An idea popped in my head - if it will work, then I can reduce 3 particle system into 2 particle system, hopefully reducing load on engine as well as overall buginess of that system.

Last edited by Loser (12/08/08 16:12)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#23 12/08/08 17:12

Gumby

You know, if you tell everyone what you're idea is those of us with experience in particles can help.

#24 12/08/08 23:12

MKUltra

Iritscen wrote:

Pro tip #1: Remove the ending movie from the GameDataFolder, or just rename it, and the game quits immediately after the mission complete screen.

Pro tip #2: Remove/rename the starting movie too so the game immediately hits the main menu when launching.

Pro tip #3: Use Gumby's cutscene-skipping script to skip the opening level's cutscene.

Result: You can probably be playing again in 30 seconds. wink

Wait... wat?

Assuming this is the PC version:

#1: If I hit escape, the game quits back to the desktop, although it sometimes causes a glitch in the next play session with the video.

#2 Just a left click of the mouse takes me to the main menu without having to wait for the intro animation.

#3 Cutscenes are an excellent excuse to grab a quick snack from the kitchen! big_smile

#25 12/09/08 00:12

Gumby

MKUltra wrote:

#3 Cutscenes are an excellent excuse to grab a quick snack from the kitchen!

I like the way you think. smile

Board footer