Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/08/08 02:12

encinodude

Daodan Resurrection

This seems like a long shot, but would it be possible to write a script that has Konoko's Daodan power kicking in after she dies and bringing her back to life?

#2 12/08/08 02:12

Gumby

Re: Daodan Resurrection

Sure. Replace the you_lose function with this:

func void you_lose(void) {
chr_set_health 0 400
}

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 12/08/08 02:12

encinodude

Gumby wrote:

Sure. Replace the you_lose function with this:

func void you_lose(void) {
chr_set_health 0 400
}

What file would I have to edit? It would help even more if you mentioned little things like this ;-)

EDIT: I managed to find out myself. In the IMGD folder. But I guess that means I'll have to edit the files for every single level? Quite tedious indeed...

Last edited by encinodude (12/08/08 02:12)

#4 12/08/08 03:12

Gumby

Well you could delete the function in every level and then add it to your global folder. smile

#5 12/08/08 05:12

encinodude

After some consideration I only want it active in the final level, so it's all well and good. And after one dilemma comes another: I like the idea of the symbiote in Konoko regenerating her, so I play with the elderrune cheat on. Problem is, regeneration and Daodan drain are at the same rate, so her Daodan doesn't drain, which is pretty cheap. Where's the mystery place the Daodan settings are located? smile

#6 12/08/08 11:12

Gumby

encinodude wrote:

After some consideration I only want it active in the final level, so it's all well and good. And after one dilemma comes another: I like the idea of the symbiote in Konoko regenerating her, so I play with the elderrune cheat on. Problem is, regeneration and Daodan drain are at the same rate, so her Daodan doesn't drain, which is pretty cheap. Where's the mystery place the Daodan settings are located?

In the engine :>

#7 12/08/08 11:12

encinodude

Gumby wrote:
encinodude wrote:

After some consideration I only want it active in the final level, so it's all well and good. And after one dilemma comes another: I like the idea of the symbiote in Konoko regenerating her, so I play with the elderrune cheat on. Problem is, regeneration and Daodan drain are at the same rate, so her Daodan doesn't drain, which is pretty cheap. Where's the mystery place the Daodan settings are located?

In the engine :>

sad

Board footer