Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/06/08 20:07

love_Oni

Adding new move to Konoko

Maybe that's odd but I want to give Konoko the Furies' running back kick throw in the original version of Oni (that's good if I can do it with the edition too).
I know I need the OniUnPacker to do this, but I don't know what exactly I should do.

Can you help me to do this?

Thank you.

Last edited by love_Oni (07/06/08 20:07)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#2 07/06/08 22:07

EdT
Website

Re: Adding new move to Konoko

I don't know how to this with OUP, but here is the info for edition:

You need to modify the file TRACkonoko_animations.oni file.
The easiest way is to export it as .xml file
onisplit -extract:xml xml_dir TRACkonoko_animations.oni
(Of course, you will need to use your actual filepaths)

Then add the following:

<TRACAnimation>
  <Weight>100</Weight>
  <Animation>TRAMREDCOMrun_thw_bk_k_tgt</Animation>
</TRACAnimation>
<TRACAnimation>
  <Weight>100</Weight>
  <Animation>TRAMREDCOMrun_thw_bk_k</Animation>
</TRACAnimation>

Import back to Oni:
onisplit -create level0_Final TRACkonoko_animations.xml

You can find the list of combat moves here:
http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Gameplay/Combat_moves

This is how I gave Motoko different comabt moves.

Last edited by EdT (07/06/08 22:07)

#3 07/07/08 02:07

coool

oh...so coincidence,I made it all ready,when I know that we can mod TRACs as xml file big_smile

now I post it here

Last edited by coool (07/07/08 02:07)

#4 07/07/08 04:07

love_Oni

@coool: Uhm, you mean I should download and copy the file into level0_Final folder? I did that and tried many times to let Konoko perform that throw but nothing happened.

@EdT: Working with the onisplit looks quite easy, but the problem is I don't know how to open Onisplit.exe because when I double-click the icon, I only see a black screen and it disappear in a few second later. Maybe I had opened it in a wrong way?

P.S: I used to use the OUP to make the jetpack jump. Have you ever use the OUP to modify something like that? I wish to give Konoko the new move in the original version (because I don't play the edition very much. I think it's too hard tongue)

#5 07/07/08 09:07

Loser

love_Oni: If you want to give Konoko new move in ORIGINAL version without Onisplit, you will NEED hexeditor and OUP. Should I continue? ^_^'
                                                                               Loser
P.S.: And AE version is not so hard (just wait for EdT's MELE profiles ^_^'). Meanwhile, learn to block, duck & dodge smile

Last edited by Loser (07/07/08 09:07)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#6 07/07/08 09:07

love_Oni

Ok I have the hexeditor and OUP in my computer now. So what I should do?

#7 07/07/08 10:07

EdT
Website

love_Oni: How's this for a compromise:

Reinstall Edition, but this time Open the file big_zeal.bat with a text editor and delete the line: CALL step0004.bat.
step4 patches the oni files with all the stuff that makes AE harder and different from the original.

Now you will have the original Oni, but with the ability to mod the game using OniSplit.

You can't run OniSplit on its own you have to use command lines to make it work. But Gumby is working on a GUI for it.
http://wiki.oni2.net/Onisplit

Finally, regarding coool's TRAC file, once you put it in the level0_Final folder, you need to rebuild/recombine level0 for it to work.

Last edited by EdT (07/07/08 10:07)

#8 07/07/08 13:07

Loser

OK, I continue:
Open levelX.dat in OUP. X is number of some level which has fury in it (level19 for example). Open dat editor, find REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k and REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k_tgt and extract them both (export to file). Now open raw editor search for REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k and REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k_tgt. These two are required in order to work. Click on REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k and in select dat-link-offset window (it is right under main slidewindow with files). You have to extract(export to file) Y-velocities (first link, 420 bytes), X|Z-velocities (second link, 840 bytes), shortcuts (sixth link, 16 bytes), throw part (seventh link, 24 bytes), particle part (ninth link, 48 bytes), position part (tenth link, 840 bytes) and bodypart animation (eleventh link, 5122 bytes). I recommend you to name extracted files according to their function. Do this with REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k_tgt as well (same, only it has added attack part (third link,32 bytes), no throw part but damage part (fourth link, 8 bytes), footstep part (eighth link, 4 bytes) and extent part (last link, 144 bytes). Now you have all necessary parts of these two anims. Open level0.raw in hexeditor, open these parts as well (I recommend doing it in order as it is written in my post) and copy one part after another to the end of the raw file (so you extend it). Each time you copy one part, note somewhere its offset. Offset is place ("row") where that chunk of data begins, it can be read next to hexdigits, it is in column. Example: If something is written at the beginning of row 1|70|F5|60, those numbers are its offset. Now, ONI stores these offsets in reversed order, so in our example we will note this: 60|F5|70|01.

NOTE
Sometimes hexeditors won't allow you to simply add new content to the file. In that case, copy last two bytes of the .raw file (A4|F5 for example) and then select only the last one and do copy operation. now you have A4 in place where F5 was and F5 is at the beginning of the new row (should be ^_^). Repair end of raw (write in F5 where it should be), select byte in new row and copy new content.
Also if some file forces you to end  .raw file in the middle of the row, just fill there zeros until you begin new row.
/NOTE

After you copy all TRAM parts to the end of the raw file (and you note their offsets in right order) save level0.raw and try to run some level. If it works, we can continue, if not, something got messed up ^_^.

Now open OUP again, load level0. Find TRAMs KONCOMrun_throw_bk and KONCOMrun_throw_bk_tgt. These two are original Konoko's run throw punch behind (basically it is lariat same as front one, I know). Now open KONCOMrun_thw_bk and rewrite it with REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k file(Import from file), do the same with KONCOMrun_thw_bk_tgt (REDCOMrun_thw_bk_k_tgt).
Almost finished, the last thing to do is to rewrite old offsets in these two TRAMs to yours. So open KONCOMrun_throw_bk in OUP and from first line start filling:
first row, last four bytes: Y-velocities
second row, first four bytes: X|Z-velocities
third row, first four bytes: shortcut part
third row, second four bytes: throw part
third row, last four bytes: particle part
fourth row, first four bytes: position part
fourth row, second four bytes: bodypart animation part

KONCOMrun_throw_bk_tgt is the same with these additional:
second row, second four bytes: attack part
second row, third four bytes: damage part
third row, third four bytes: footstep part
twenth row, last four bytes: extent part
and no throw part of course.

Now save, run ONI and try to perform it and hope it works ^_^.
                                                                                          Loser

P.S.: You really don't want to try Edition??? It is  A LOT easier there, you know....-_^'

Last edited by Loser (07/07/08 14:07)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#9 07/07/08 23:07

love_Oni

OK, I've copied all TRAM parts to level0_Final.raw and Oni still run normally.

The second work: looks like you mean to replace Konoko's back lariat with Furies' back throw but not adding a new throw to Konoko's moves. Of course replacing or adding has no matter (at least for me smile) but it would be nice if we give her a new move. If adding a new move is a harder-work then, nevermind, I'm happy to let Konoko use that throw. I just want to know what exactly I am doing.

@EdT: Should I place the 'Onisplit' in somewhere else to make it work? I'm placing it in 'Oni\edition\install' folder

Last edited by love_Oni (07/08/08 03:07)

#10 07/08/08 00:07

coool

hmm...I think it's better to use the edition
as you want,you can add the new move easily,you can just put the TRAC file into level0_final,and recombine the level.And as you play oni more,you'll have many new minds,so the edition make oni easier to mod. big_smile

I think OUP can't add a new move,it that so?

#11 07/08/08 20:07

love_Oni

Loser wrote:

Almost finished, the last thing to do is to rewrite old offsets in these two TRAMs to yours. So open KONCOMrun_throw_bk in OUP and from first line start filling:
first row, last four bytes: Y-velocities
second row, first four bytes: X|Z-velocities
third row, first four bytes: shortcut part
third row, second four bytes: throw part
third row, last four bytes: particle part
fourth row, first four bytes: position part
fourth row, second four bytes: bodypart animation part

KONCOMrun_throw_bk_tgt is the same with these additional:
second row, second four bytes: attack part
second row, third four bytes: damage part
third row, third four bytes: footstep part
twenth row, last four bytes: extent part
and no throw part of course.

So what should I type in those bytes? I don't know what 'Y-velocities', 'X|Z-velocities'... are.

OK, I think it again. The edition isn't that so hard if I can practice blocking and dodging, but my problem is when I open the command prompt, I see the line:
C:\Documents and Settings\user1.X2IAetc...>
and type the line as EdT tell me before:

onisplit -extract:xml xml_dir TRACkonoko_animations.oni

and it say 'onisplit' is not a command or a batch file. Mabe I have put the prompt in the wrong place, but where should I put it in?

#12 07/09/08 00:07

EdT
Website

love_Oni: First get the latest version of OniSplit: http://edt.oni2.net/OS/OniSplit_v0.9.20.zip and replace the old version.

Now the key to using OniSplit is the location of OniSplit and the location of the files and folders relative to OniSplit.

I'm on a Mac, so I'm not sure of the exact syntax, but this should help.

In the command prompt you need to go to Oni\edition\install folder (This is location of OniSplit)
Now you need the path to TRACkonoko_animations.oni relative to OniSplit. Its probably: ..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final\TRACkonoko_animations.oni

So now the command should be somthing like this:

onisplit.exe -extract:xml xml_dir ..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final\TRACkonoko_animations.oni

If it works the file TRACkonoko_animations.xml will be located at Oni\edition\install\xml_dir

To create an .oni file the basic command is:
onisplit.exe -create path_to_destination_folder path_to_file

or like this:

onisplit.exe -create ..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final ..\xml_dir\TRACkonoko_animations.xml

#13 07/09/08 05:07

love_Oni

OK, the Onisplit can work now

EdT wrote:

Then add the following:

<TRACAnimation>
  <Weight>100</Weight>
  <Animation>TRAMREDCOMrun_thw_bk_k_tgt</Animation>
</TRACAnimation>
<TRACAnimation>
  <Weight>100</Weight>
  <Animation>TRAMREDCOMrun_thw_bk_k</Animation>
</TRACAnimation>

After finish the first working, I see the prompt like this:
D:\Games\Oni\edition\install>_

I added the first part (from the 1st '<TRACAnimation>' to the 1st '</TRACAnimation>') and it looks like this:
D:\Games\Oni\edition\install><TRACAnimation> <Weight>100</Weight> <Animation>TRAMREDCOMrun_thw_bk_k_tgt</Animation> </TRACAnimation>

then I pressed 'Enter' and it says "< was unexpected at this time." Things look not good.

Maybe I had done something wrong?

#14 07/09/08 08:07

EdT
Website

love_Oni: Yes, you did something wrong...

Did you look in the folder Oni\edition\install\xml_dir?  Is there a file TRACkonoko_animations.xml?
If so, then open the file with a text editor.  This is where you paste the code about the <TRACAnimation>

#15 07/09/08 22:07

love_Oni

I tried to do it, the game run normally but Konoko still can't perform the back kick throw. Here's my .xml file, I added the functions near the end of the file. Perhaps you can take a look on it.

#16 07/10/08 01:07

EdT
Website

love_Oni: Your file looks correct, but sorry, I don't have time to test it. 

Now after you modified the TRACkonoko_animations.xml, did you import it back to Oni (Change it back to TRACkonoko_animations.oni) and placed it in the level0_Final folder and then recombined level0?

Also did you try the version that coool made in post#3 of this thread?

#17 07/10/08 04:07

love_Oni

See, how can I recombine the level0? tongue

I tried it. I don't know if it works on the other but I didn't see any change after using it.

#18 07/10/08 08:07

EdT
Website

See, how can I recombine the level0?

That's why you don't see any changes!  Unless you recombine level0, any changes you made in the level0_Final folder will not affect Oni. Recombining level0 will create a new level0_Final.dat and level0_Final.raw in your GameDataFolder.  (This will also apply to any level that you make changes)

Take a look at a GUI recombiner that Gumby made: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=587

#19 07/10/08 09:07

love_Oni

Aha, Konoko can use the throw now. She looks cool! big_smile. Thank you!

(modify working seems to be interesting)

Last edited by love_Oni (07/10/08 09:07)

#20 07/10/08 21:07

EdT
Website

love_Oni: Congrats, now you can add any move that you want to Konoko.  But one thing to remember, if the move was designed for a larger character, like an Elite, then Konoko will look like she's floating in the air while doing that move.  Currently, there is no easy fix for that issue.

#21 07/11/08 04:07

love_Oni

So, if I want to replace Konoko's throws with Furies' throws for example, not only adding the functions for the new throws but I should remove the old ones, shouldn't I?

And what is the function '<Weight>100</Weight>' used  for?

Last edited by love_Oni (07/11/08 06:07)

#22 07/12/08 00:07

EdT
Website

According to the wiki http://wiki.oni2.net/TRAC:

animation weight, a higher value indicates that this animation has a better chance to be picked up if there are multiple animations possible for the same (from state, animation type, varient, first level) pair.

So it may be possible to add the Furies throws and keep Konoko's throws, but give them different weights (not 100 for both). So sometimes the throw will be Konoko's and other times, the Fury.
Give it a try and let us know what happens.

#23 12/08/08 10:12

encinodude

EdT wrote:

According to the wiki http://wiki.oni2.net/TRAC:

animation weight, a higher value indicates that this animation has a better chance to be picked up if there are multiple animations possible for the same (from state, animation type, varient, first level) pair.

So it may be possible to add the Furies throws and keep Konoko's throws, but give them different weights (not 100 for both). So sometimes the throw will be Konoko's and other times, the Fury.
Give it a try and let us know what happens.

This works for sure and greatly increases the potential of Konoko and other characters' movesets. My Konoko has two triple-kick combos: either her default one or the Furies' one. Quite awesome.

#24 12/10/08 09:12

love_Oni

Yes, that's good. But it seems that this doesn't work for throws well. For example, if you want a character can perform 2 kinds of throw, A and B, then you should add 4 animations: A, A-tgt, B, B-tgt, and set the weight number for each animation 50. But when you play that character, sometime it executes A & A-tgt, B & B-tgt, that's good, but also A & B-tgt, B & A-tgt, that's odd! It's the disadvantage I don't like.

#25 12/11/08 02:12

encinodude

Throw don't work for me, for some reason. sad

Board footer