Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/04/08 18:12

Lithium

Characters

What are your favorite people to use besides Konoko? Also which enemies tick you off?

My favorite character is the sniper, a cooler version of the tanker. ANd i hate strikers. Heres all they do... Throw,Striker slam and kicks and kicks and kicks and even more kicks

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 12/05/08 10:12

Muro

Re: Characters

I like Swats even though they are the worse fighters in the entire game. They have always been the coolest guys around.

#3 12/05/08 11:12

Barneyhater
Website

I like to use Furies and I hate going against Tankers and Snipers >.< .

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#4 12/05/08 17:12

ONIrules

Elites are my favorites. Powerful moves and very strong.

#5 12/06/08 00:12

MKUltra

ONIrules wrote:

... Wait, wat?

You are still talking Oni here, yes? xD

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#6 12/06/08 02:12

Barneyhater
Website

MKUltra wrote:
ONIrules wrote:

... Wait, wat?

I think that he's talking about the guy with a move named after a common pool dive... errr whats it called. o.O I forget... The guy that sort of fights like Barabus... you know... errrr you fight a red one on the last level?

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#7 12/07/08 18:12

Lithium

I like the fact that muro is the only character in the game with no copies. Konoko fights like female cops, Mukade's just a ninja, Barabarus is an elite, and so on

#8 12/11/08 21:12

Lithium

What i hate in the Ps2 version is that i can only play as some characters in some levels. But the Pc/mac version has a cheat where you press F? and you switch character. But in the ps2 version you have to put in the cheat code, then i cant see the character good because you have to do in the objectivs menu

#9 12/31/08 22:12

Lithium

Who thinks someone who makes fighting games, should find oni and play through it, then he makes a fighting game with some guest oni characters (like mugen or capcom vs. marvel). Then maybe konoko would be more popular. JUst look at what smash bros. did. When i got marth i was like "who the heck is marth!" then thanks to his popularity, they made fire eblem games here now. Think of waht oni would be like.

#10 01/01/09 05:01

A8D

I had never thought of that oxe. It would be awesome to have Konoko in Smash bros. ! big_smile

About the character change, it's only in Anniversary Edition that you can choose any character in any level.

Last edited by A8D (01/01/09 05:01)

Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

#11 01/01/09 18:01

Lithium

A8D wrote:

I had never thought of that oxe. It would be awesome to have Konoko in Smash bros. ! big_smile

About the character change, it's only in Anniversary Edition that you can choose any character in any level.

Yea i saw a video on youtube, i dont remember who it was but it showed all the characters in a minute.

#12 01/05/09 16:01

MysTryUssX

my favorite units are the tctf troopers, the AI controls them really stupid but im fighting allot with them and they an be really strong! and they look really cool smile
And indeed oxe, allot of game makers should look at oni, it's a real original gameplay and i haven't seen something like it in what game sowhever. i really hope some developers from microsoft or something pick up oni and make a oni 2!! a real mall chance but it might happen.. if we al are going to mail to microsoft massive to make a oni 2 ....:P

#13 01/05/09 17:01

Lithium

MysTryUssX wrote:

my favorite units are the tctf troopers, the AI controls them really stupid but im fighting allot with them and they an be really strong! and they look really cool smile
And indeed oxe, allot of game makers should look at oni, it's a real original gameplay and i haven't seen something like it in what game sowhever. i really hope some developers from microsoft or something pick up oni and make a oni 2!! a real mall chance but it might happen.. if we al are going to mail to microsoft massive to make a oni 2 ....:P

it would be good, but i think it's bungie's property, so i dont think it can be possible. Unless some thing happens...

#14 01/05/09 20:01

kadorna1

oxe161 wrote:

it would be good, but i think it's bungie's property, so i dont think it can be possible. Unless some thing happens...

Bungie is property of Microsoft now, so ONI is property of Microsoft

#15 01/05/09 20:01

Gumby

Nope. Bungie left Microsoft a few years ago.

Also, TakeTwo owns the rights to Oni. sad

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#16 01/07/09 17:01

Lithium

Wait that means... something can happen...

3 days later at dentists' office
Me: they can make oni two!
Needle stabs in dentists' eye

#17 01/27/09 06:01

onimotoko

I sooo love mukade and all the ninjas for that matter. kinda like the furies.
fucking hate fighting tctf black ops.

No escape!

#18 01/27/09 06:01

onimotoko

Barneyhater wrote:
MKUltra wrote:
ONIrules wrote:

... Wait, wat?

I think that he's talking about the guy with a move named after a common pool dive... errr whats it called. o.O I forget... The guy that sort of fights like Barabus... you know... errrr you fight a red one on the last level?

elites are an enemy type in the game. they have all the same colours as the rest. and are indeed tuff sons a bitches.

#19 01/27/09 06:01

onimotoko

oxe161 wrote:

I like the fact that muro is the only character in the game with no copies. Konoko fights like female cops, Mukade's just a ninja, Barabarus is an elite, and so on

right on! muro rox

#20 01/27/09 06:01

onimotoko

MysTryUssX wrote:

God no! keep our sacred Oni out of m!c0$0f75 fucking hands! Bungie has broken from them now, and I realize that little of the original crew remains, but they have a far greater chance of doing Oni 2 right.

#21 01/27/09 06:01

onimotoko

kadorna1 wrote:
oxe161 wrote:

Bungie is property of Microsoft now, so ONI is property of Microsoft

Bungie split from M!cr0$of7, so it is NOT. Thus, oni belongs once again in it's creators hands.

let us proclaim the mystery of our faith (lame catholic bullsheed music ensues), Konoko has died, Konoko has risen, Konoko will come again!
ahmen! aaahmen! aaaaaaaaaaaahmen!

#22 01/27/09 10:01

Iritscen

As Gumby mentioned several posts up, Oni is in Take Two's hands.  It was given to T2 back when Bungie joined MS, in exchange for the ~20% stake in Bungie that T2 owned, so that Bungie could sell 100% of itself to MS.

Bungie's new CEO, Harold Ryan, was asked about whether they would buy back Oni now that they're separated from MS and looking to do something non-Halo in nature for their next game, and his response was pretty unenthusiastic, so none of us are counting on that to happen.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#23 01/27/09 15:01

Lithium

onimotoko wrote:
MysTryUssX wrote:

God no! keep our sacred Oni out of m!c0$0f75 fucking hands! Bungie has broken from them now, and I realize that little of the original crew remains, but they have a far greater chance of doing Oni 2 right.

Dude try not to swear a lot

#24 01/28/09 00:01

onimotoko

Iritscen wrote:

As Gumby mentioned several posts up, Oni is in Take Two's hands.  It was given to T2 back when Bungie joined MS, in exchange for the ~20% stake in Bungie that T2 owned, so that Bungie could sell 100% of itself to MS.

Bungie's new CEO, Harold Ryan, was asked about whether they would buy back Oni now that they're separated from MS and looking to do something non-Halo in nature for their next game, and his response was pretty unenthusiastic, so none of us are counting on that to happen.

forgot about that bit, my bad

#25 05/24/09 09:05

Dr.Karluzz

I like Mukade

Press here >>http://www.myPlugoo.com/5PFFKSWC00BKE0D<< for chat with me

Board footer