#1 12/03/08 03:12

Morridin
Website

Tanker with Chokeslam

Is there a way to add Chokeslam, and Swing Throw to Tanker? smile

#2 12/03/08 13:12

Loser

Re: Tanker with Chokeslam

You mean new animations? Yes, there is. Are you ready to spend next two months on creating bonetrack through HEXediting?^_^

OK, serious stuff now. Yes, bonetrack data were decrypted by geyser so theoretically, you can create new animations (and I already did a few very simple ones by the way). But for such complicated moves as throws, we need to be able to create animations in some animation tool, not via HEXediting. So realistic answer is NO, you cannot add Chokeslam or Giantswing to tanker right now.

Come to think about it, I have thought for a long time that Tanker should have some sort of "crowd clearing" throw. And yes, Giant swing popped in my head as well. I think it should look like his:

Tanker grabs victim and knees him into head/chest so hard that victim bounces into the air, head away from tanker.

As victim flies away, Tanker starts spinning counter-clockwise. Extending his right arm, he grabs one of victim's legs (yes, one, to make it look really mean).

Holding victim, Tanker performs 720% spin (2x around his y axis), while holding victim by his leg, flinging him all around the place. Tanker's body goes first, arm with victim is left back a bit (so it looks he uses mass of his body to make enemy fly). No damage to victim during this phase, but knocks down enemies in range.

As Tanker finishes last half-turn, he is already almost facing final direction. Last half-turn of victim is done by Tanker swinging his arm forward, sending victim flying forward, rotating a bit. Damage to victim is done by falling on the ground head first in weird angle.

Last edited by Loser (12/03/08 13:12)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#3 12/03/08 15:12

Iritscen

As always, Loser, you have put a lot of thought into this :-)  I like your idea, although it might not look very realistic for the Tanker to knee someone so hard they lift way off the ground; as long the victim still looks like they are under the influence of gravity, and flying only a little off the ground, though, it would probably be believable.

If we are in fact talking about making new animations or editing current ones, then it will probably be possible at some point.  I think Neo is eventually going to add support for animation frames when importing DAE, or in some other way allow us to make animations in a 3D app and import them into Oni.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 12/03/08 16:12

Morridin
Website

O_O' you are brutal one Loser ,but indeed sounds good big_smile

Last edited by Morridin (12/03/08 16:12)

Board footer