Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/28/08 17:11

Muro

Challenging

Hello, spend a while trying to win the airport Oni arena level and found it to be impossible. Your team mates are so weak that you end up losing by 20 or so points no matter what you try. I even went after the weakest members of the opposing team (com guy and bomberman) to try and rank those kills up but this wasn't enough.

I'm taking about the default teams on both sides. Anyone been able to prevail?

#2 11/28/08 17:11

ONIrules

Re: Challenging

Well sometimes I lose and yes the times they are somehow weak. Plus Muro's team is entirely red strikers and a bomber.

#3 11/28/08 17:11

Gumby

Everyone loses sometimes. Have you tried lowering the difficulty of the game? That should downgrade the strikers to blue and give them less health.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 11/29/08 00:11

ItemfinderDeluxe

The Airport level is the hardest, since your partners are only basic repair guys (but at least he didn't leave you with civilians). Perhaps the only surefire way is to lure everyone around you and spam DSK... but that's a cheap tactic and you shouldn't use it where possible. Throws are probably your best friend. Throw one guy, run to the next, rinse and repeat. Mix it up with low attacks to trip others in your way. Just so long as you stop them from ganging up on you or your allies you'll be fine.

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#5 11/29/08 02:11

Gumby

Where is it you are getting hurt the most? The tarmac?

#6 11/29/08 10:11

Muro

I only try it on the first level of the air port arena. I play using the anniversary edition so all the enemy's are much tougher then normal. I can win if i change my team members to fury's as they are the best combat class. They don't have their normal HP however they still kick ass.

I think the issue is that your team is horribly outnumbered as well as out classed. I was just wondering if anyone manged to beat it?

If I want a shot at winning I just change some of the opposing team to lower classes and my own to better classes.

#7 11/29/08 11:11

Gumby

I think I have beat it once or twice, but it is challenging. The teams probably need rebalanced.

Board footer