Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/07/08 20:11

Imago_Muro

did muro really die?

what does everybody think?

i think that, since he was in the imago stage of the chrysalis, he couldn't really have died; maybe he's in a coma or something until the chrysalis "heals" his body and itself

There are two kinds of AI: those who can survive a SBG point-blank and those who can't

#2 11/07/08 21:11

ONIrules

Re: did muro really die?

His Chrysalis can help him survive the poison atmosphere.

#3 11/07/08 21:11

Your_Mom
Website

Well yeah...there's a point where if they cells don't die or just regenerate (however slowly), can you really kill someone by beating them up/filling them with bullets?

droid803sig.jpg

#4 11/07/08 21:11

Imago_Muro

i guess it depends on how fast the cells regenerate. if its slow, then theoretically one could overload them with bullets or whatever, before they could repair critical damage. i guess its possible that a chrysalis could live forever.

There are two kinds of AI: those who can survive a SBG point-blank and those who can't

#5 11/07/08 22:11

Barneyhater
Website

I prefer to think he didn't so that if by some miracle, Oni 2 does get taken up (or we succeed in creating an Oni 2), we can beat him up a second time lol

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#6 11/08/08 10:11

MKUltra

Imago_Muro wrote:

i guess it depends on how fast the cells regenerate. if its slow, then theoretically one could overload them with bullets or whatever, before they could repair critical damage. i guess its possible that a chrysalis could live forever.

If you want to talk "overload", I do not know how much more overload there could be than being suddenly immersed in an acid pool the way that Konoko-chan was. That is pretty overwhelming.

I am assuming that Konoko and Muro were perhaps around the same stage of development. This seems to be a logical train of thought. With that in mind, Konoko  would have had to regenerate at an ungodsly rate in order to survive her acid bath. The beatdown of Muro would have been a proverbial cake walk in comparison, thus I believe that he would have survived the confrontation with her brother.

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#7 11/08/08 10:11

Gumby

Subject: Chrysalis Removal - Prime Daodan Symbiote 1B(h) [cont]

Attempts to perform invasive or exploratory surgery are met with near instantaneous mutation in the host organism, repairing skin and organ damage almost as it happens.

If we can communicate with the Chrysalis directly it may be possible to directly influence its physical development.

It is possible to overload the recuperative capacity of the Chrysalis, but doing so would prove fatal to the host body.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#8 11/08/08 15:11

Your_Mom
Website

It is possible...but does the recuperative capacity increase as development progresses?
If so, then wouldn't there be a point where the capacity is well beyond the damage conventional arms can output (meaning you nuke them, or they're not dying).
If the capacity doesn't increase then its a lot simpler.

droid803sig.jpg

#9 11/08/08 20:11

Imago_Muro

it would prove fatal to the host body. does this mean the chrysalis would then "come into its own" ie, be able to survive apart from a host? or is it bound to being a symbiote?

#10 11/08/08 22:11

Sheika23

personally i think he would make a cool deadly brain or cyborg

THe 0rijin4L SHEIKA-23

#11 11/09/08 21:11

Imago_Muro

if muro was incorporated into a deadly brain....the consequences are unimaginable. i imagine that the imago chrysalis would quickly fulfill the desire of every deadly brain: feet.

#12 11/09/08 22:11

Your_Mom
Website

Then you'd have a walking amalgamation of turrets, machinery, and consoles.

droid803sig.jpg

#13 11/10/08 01:11

MKUltra

Imago_Muro wrote:

it would prove fatal to the host body. does this mean the chrysalis would then "come into its own" ie, be able to survive apart from a host? or is it bound to being a symbiote?

I think that to a point, the symbiote is dependent on the host body for a developmental framework. If the host body is destroyed before a specific point in development is reached, the chance for survival of the symbiote is minimal.

The thing is, we do not have data on the overall guidance of the growth of the Chysalii of Muro and Konoko/Mai and the result of the differences in guided development...

If I had to extrapolate though, Muro would possibly have been developed in somewhat "wild", less controlled conditions. Even though it would appear that the Syndicate has access to very high technology in the time line of "Oni", this may not have always been so during the formative era of the Syndicate. The WCG, on the other hand, would have had access to the cream of the crop in regard to resources, willingly provided by large corporations (like Zaibatsus) and most likely "Big Pharma" as well, thus the development of Mai could have experienced a far greater degree of control and accuracy.

Further, each of these growth scenarios would have had other pros and cons; Muro, developing as "rough trade" may have been somewhat stronger and larger, but... well, he is as ugly as sin in his full form... note that Mai did not get a case of "the uglies", but in the end proved able to outperform Muro.

It is precisely because of the missing info/data, that all we are able to do in many cases is speculate.

#14 11/10/08 14:11

Imago_Muro

MKUltra wrote:

It is precisely because of the missing info/data, that all we are able to do in many cases is speculate.

exactly! but any Oni 2 storyline would have to deal with this issue. i guess we are going to have to create results consistent with known data.

#15 11/11/08 19:11

Lithium

If we cant make oni 2 we should make a prequel or a remake, if that ever happens. Faster loading times, more levels, and some modes would be cool. Multiplayer, Arena(fighting enemies), Mission Mode (when Konoko worked for TCTF Between Airport and TCTF headquarter levels. You would drive and catch criminals.), and of course music, this game hardly had music.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#16 11/11/08 20:11

Gumby

The game had plenty of music, it was just so seamless you don't realize it.

All of those other things can be made with what we have now.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#17 11/16/08 12:11

MKUltra

Imago_Muro wrote:
MKUltra wrote:

exactly! but any Oni 2 storyline would have to deal with this issue. i guess we are going to have to create results consistent with known data.

This does make me wonder, however, if any of the original Oni team could be reached via e-mail or the like to give at least a few pointers or some initial direction? That would be quite cool, really. I would think (or hope) that one of the original staffers would still carry something of a torch and still have the passion to help out such a project.

#18 11/16/08 13:11

Iritscen

If you go to the bottom of the main forum listing, where the old forums are, you can search the original forum (I'll save you the clicking, it's here), and you will see some posts by Hardy, who went by the username "chef".  I don't know which other Oni staff might have made posts there, but Hardy was the Story Lead, so that's not a bad source of information.  For instance, in one post, he talks a bit about what he would have done for an Oni 2; not sure if he talks about Muro at any point (I think the reason is that Muro was really considered by them to be dead after Oni, sorry).  I don't know if he or any other story-related staffers posted in later forums.

Today, the Bungie Westers are scattered all over the place, although you can always try to track them down.  I'm sure they have fond memories of the game.  http://wiki.oni2.net/Oni#Post-release.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#19 11/16/08 18:11

Muro

No I'm right here. Just needed a little recovery time but I'm ready to get back in the swing of things. big_smile

Board footer