Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/24/08 16:10

Gumby

Re: If you could add a level or weapon what would it be?

The parent of the secondary fire is attached to the weapon. We can't have (AFAIK) it come out of somewhere other than the weapon. (Not in a good way).

How you want to do it:

1. Primary fire has a slow firing rate that attaches a special particle named "xyzzy" (for the purpose of this explanation)

2. Secondary fire is faster, it has attractor type "2 - class" and name "xyzzy" and "Action 39 - Homing", with a reasonably fast turning rate, but nothing extreme, so it has a turning radius of ~1 meter.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#27 10/24/08 21:10

Barneyhater
Website

Ok... Pretending I understood that, how would you get around having bullets go for 2 xyzzy particles at once? That might potentially pose a problem. And also, if possible, the bees shouldn't hit the walls, these are "smarter" bullets smile (I'm not sure if any of this is possible, I don't know ANYTHING about particles except the particles in matter smile .)

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#28 10/24/08 22:10

Gumby

Multiple particles can have the same attractor.

The bees should be able to hit walls, so you can hide behind things to avoid the gun smile

Also, the only ways to prevent it are:

1. Go through walls
2. Have uber short turning radius and an avoidwalls action

Niether of which are appealing.

#29 10/25/08 01:10

SubNinja

I thinked in a simple S.P.A.S 12 shotgun or a bazooka with ballistic ammo
and with energy cells any laser weapon. More complicated weapons are welcome too =]

#30 10/26/08 11:10

Barneyhater
Website

And how would the bees act without the attractor?

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#31 10/26/08 15:10

Gumby

Fly forward like any other bullet.

#32 10/27/08 15:10

Jazz Ad

I'd like a robot servant that would defend and attack for the player.
Probably not very difficult to implement since robots exist already.

#33 10/27/08 15:10

Gumby

Jazz, that would be easy to do. You would simply have to add a character to the level's BINACHAR, on the same team as Konoko and (preferrably) spawning at the same place. There is some other stuff, too, like editing the ONCC. Probably adding in a looping ai2_follow wouldn't hurt either.
From my inbox: (WARNING OLD STUFF HERE, NOT UPDATED FOR ONISPLIT, I'll add it to my list of things to do...)

First of all, be awared that it isn't 100% working. There are some bugs. But playing for example triplicate slam is fun then...

So...use OniUnPacker. Go to the *.dat file of the level where you want to have an ally. Choose some ONCC class. This will be you ally. Then go to Oni Galore Wiki site, type ONCC into search bar and go into that page. Carefully roll down and find which number affects basic health of the character. Change it then to some higher value (about 150-200 is good one). Of course if you choose some strong character (Konoko, Barabus, Mukade) you don't have to change them. But I think you just wanna have a copfem as a sidekick...

Anyway, after you adjust health (you can fine tune other things in the ONCC, I have found out some interesting stuff recently) you can save your *.dat file as this is all you had to do there.

Now go into *.raw file of that level and search for TUEN. That means NEUTral, it will be probably as one of the BINA files in the *.raw (according to an OUP). Now go to the wiki again and type NEUT into search bar. Carefully read the table, notice *neutral ID* field and note somewhere *neutral ID* of the NEUT file YOU chose for your ally (I recommend you choosing the first one).

Next, find *trigger range* field and change it to some enormous value ( 00 00 00 50 for example) then find *talk range* field and change it to zero ^_^ ( 00 00 00 00) then find *follow range* field and type in enormous number again ( 00 00 00 50 ) and finally find *enemy range* field and change it to some moderate amount ( 00 00 00 43 for example ).

Now save *.raw file, then open it again and go to CHAR section (should be BINA -> CHAR). Choose some character, this will be your ally. On wiki read ( type CHAR into search bar) where option bitset 1 is and set it  00, option bitset 2 should be 00, too. Give or not give weapon, that is your choice. Next nullify *job ID* and *patrol path ID*. *Combat ID* you can set 0e or 06, *melee ID* choose some good but not bugging one ( example: for Konoko, furies and copfems 16 or 18, for strikers and elites 15 or 17,  for tankers 0f, for ninjas 1b or 1c ). Next, *neutral ID*, here you have to type in ID of THAT HACKED NEUT file. Then give it some ammo clips if you want, hypos are useless (AI cannot use it). Find *Team ID* and set it *01 00 00 00* or *00 00 00 00* if you aren't rough yet or 05 00 00 00 if you are rough(go aganist TCTF in last chapters).
Alert levels set all to 04 00 00 00. Save the whole *.raw file and don't forget name of your ally (For example A_t47).

Now open scripts and make that AI spawn and teleport to you. Ingame you have to go in front of it so it can notice you. From then it will follow you (I recommend AI dash hack).

Be aware of some bugs: When fighting, AI can forget about you, staying near defeated enemy and staring at him. In that case, just go and show yourself again to it so it can see you. Also AI cannot jump across pits.

#34 10/29/08 23:10

Ridrave

I Cannot Get Bored Playing Oni. But Always Keep Playing The same Old Same Old. Hope They Can Make A New Maps, Characters, Moves, Weapons, Cheats (Marypoppins lol), Movies To Downlaod. So It Will Be More Fun To Play Oni With New Stuff To Play With, Like Our Friend Here (oxe161) Wishes Oni  To Have A Lightsaber or A Sword It Will Be Great.....

Let Me Know Is There's A Fresh News or Updates About Bungie Oni!!! Appreciate It.  =3

mycharactercreation1.gif

#35 10/29/08 23:10

Ridrave

What If The Game Have Uses Ragdoll, It Will Be Fun:D

Last edited by Ridrave (11/26/08 13:11)

mycharactercreation1.gif

Board footer