Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/20/08 02:10

Im_New

The Creators of Oni abandoned us :(

I sumhow think that the creators of oni abandoned us and were all on ourselves they dun even publicise it they dun flourish it they dun make multiplayer so that people will think oh yeah ive heard of oni why not lets go and buy the game?mayb they even forgot about us 0.0. Im jus speaking my heart out if u think differently then please say so sad.

Konoko:Im Kicking ur @ss
Barabus:Never....ahhhh help me im falling *pulls his string to trust his jetpack*
Barabus:*SNAP!* noooo

#2 10/20/08 03:10

Gumby

Re: The Creators of Oni abandoned us :(

At this point, what incentive does Bungie have to go back and add more to a game thats seven years old, and doesn't have much sales? Companies exist to make money, not necessarily to please fans. (Though the two usually come hand in hand, it isn't true in this case). They have Halo to worry about right now. I don't think forgot is the right word though...maybe ignored. tongue Really though, what can they do? They might not even have the source for Oni any more, and T2 owns the rights.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 10/20/08 08:10

Iritscen

The important thing, Im_New, is that Bungie West, who made Oni, dissolved after releasing it, and at the same time Bungie HQ joined Microsoft.  They ran out of time to work on/support Oni.  Originally they had planned to release modding tools, and I still think they might have done this if they hadn't run out of time.  They may also have had time to get LAN multiplayer working.

And when joining M$, they also sold the rights to Myth and Oni, as Gumby mentioned, so it's not possible for Bungie to look back and do something for Oni even if they wanted to,

But don't despair, because we have taken matters into our own hands.  When Konoko broke that mirror at the end of Oni, she may have given us seven years of bad luck.  Other communities like AlephOne, who had not only modding tools but the source code for their game, moved far ahead of us and flourished.  We had to spend the last seven years building up to the point where we could flourish like them, because we didn't have those advantages.  But there are bright new things on the horizon for Oni thanks to this community.  Personally, I think we're just getting warmed up.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 10/21/08 04:10

Im_New

ok i feel much better now next time if i created a new game ima gonna keep working on it until i die smile. im also glad that there is this modding workshop its kewl smile thx guys u made me feel so much better big_smile nice joke

Last edited by Im_New (10/21/08 04:10)

Konoko:Im Kicking ur @ss
Barabus:Never....ahhhh help me im falling *pulls his string to trust his jetpack*
Barabus:*SNAP!* noooo

Board footer