Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/11/08 11:07

Liquid Snake

Favourite Gun

So whats your favourite gun? mine are the SBG because of the insane damage, area of effect and because it knocks the opponents on the ground. Another weapon I like is barabas weapon, it doesnt need ammunition and you can spam rockets as you like, too bad that you can use it only at 2 moments in the game. well.. discuss wink

#2 07/11/08 22:07

love_Oni

Re: Favourite Gun

My most favorite is the SBG too. It's really fun when I use it: the enemies are keeping float in the air.

My second favorite gun is the screaming cannon. I usually knock enemies down and bring up a SCG and shoot at them. They die like-instantly.

My 3rd favorite gun is that stun gun. Stun them in groups and make some favored-backbreaker. Really fun! tongue

Last edited by love_Oni (07/12/08 08:07)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#3 07/12/08 04:07

AdamBast

love_Oni wrote:

My 3rd favorite gun is that stun gun. Stun them in groups and make some favored-backbreacker. Really fun! tongue

The VDG Pistol? It is based on a real life device:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_de_Graaff_generator

My fav gun is the mercury bow. The strange thing is that it uses ballistic ammo, not energy cells.

My head is bangin'
You're killing me
Please don't stop

#4 07/12/08 05:07

love_Oni

AdamBast wrote:

The VDG Pistol? It is based on a real life device:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_de_Graaff_generator

Is there a portable VDG in real life?

The most favorite chapter in which I like to use the Mercury bow is the chapter 6. It's the first chapter I've seen a MB and there are many ballistic ammo to use it. But in the OTA I seldom use it because I shot many times but also missed many times. smile

Last edited by love_Oni (07/13/08 09:07)

#5 07/12/08 06:07

s10k
Website

Many people said that mercury bow was the best weapon in game (watch out walkthroughs). However with some experience you will know that the best weapon is SBG. It takes much more damage than MB, have more ammunition  , cam defeat multiple enemies etc. The only advantage of MB is the long range.

Back on the topic, My favorite weaapons are SBG, Campel Equalizer (use with roughjustice cheat lol) and MB.

Last edited by s10k (07/12/08 12:07)

#6 07/12/08 06:07

ItemfinderDeluxe

I must be the only one then who likes the Scram Launcher. Scrams + OTA + superammo + roughjustice = MADNESS!!!

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#7 07/12/08 08:07

love_Oni

Script_10k wrote:

Back on the topic, My favorite weaapons are SMB, Campel Equalizer (use with roughjustice cheat lol) and MB.

Uhm, what do you mean SMB?

I must be the only one then who likes the Scram Launcher. Scrams + OTA + superammo + roughjustice = MADNESS!!!

Interesting. How about Screaming Cannon + roughjustice? Many floating fireworks to see. Really fun! big_smile

Last edited by love_Oni (07/12/08 08:07)

#8 07/12/08 11:07

Gumby

Everything fails in comparison to Chaingun+MachineGunMod. it is pure win.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#9 07/12/08 12:07

s10k
Website

love_Oni wrote:
Script_10k wrote:

Back on the topic, My favorite weaapons are SMB, Campel Equalizer (use with roughjustice cheat lol) and MB.

Uhm, what do you mean SMB?

Sorry edited.. lol

#10 07/12/08 17:07

Gumby

Super Mario Bros!

Lol. I just thought of an interesting texture replacement...replace the ninjagun textures with oldschool fireball textures. big_smile

#11 07/12/08 17:07

s10k
Website

Gumby wrote:

I just thought of an interesting texture replacement...replace the ninjagun textures with oldschool fireball textures. big_smile

Do that and show us the result. big_smile

#12 07/13/08 12:07

Your_Mom
Website

SBG. I love shooting people with it point blank. Suicide!

droid803sig.jpg

#13 07/13/08 14:07

Muro

The SBG is pretty broken as you can aim it and get a full on hit that kills nearly any enemy instantly. Much more powerful then the bow. Same for the Phase stream as the energy cell lasts forever compared to the SMG and pistol.

I like the Plasma rifle the best, both when i and my enemy's use it. Nice damage but easy to dodge plus it looks the coolest. VDG pistol is also a great weapon.

#14 07/20/08 19:07

Aiko

I also favor the SBG. I don't like direct hits though. When I play the "Outside the Atmospheric Processors" I prefer to have the explosion land near the enemy making them bounce,  lose balance and then drop off the side to their death. They usually assume an attack position while dropping down below. It's wonderful to pick them off in this manner with this gun.  Works nicely in the Rooftops level or any other level where you can drop down to your death. 

The Scram Cannon is wonderful when you are in the Airport and our on the tarmac. Just pick a nice quiet point and shoot off a few rounds and just let a few of those darts hit those guys out there. It's great fun to watch them scramble to find out who and what hit them! LOL!

Aiko

#15 07/20/08 20:07

EdT
Website

#16 07/21/08 01:07

Your_Mom
Website

That one is even more broken than the SBG XD.
You can get it to have UNLIMITIED POWAH!!!! (by firing when there's less than one burst of ammo left)

droid803sig.jpg

#17 07/21/08 03:07

ItemfinderDeluxe

Old school mod haxxors FTW smile . I'll always hate the SBG because the AI is unnervingly accurate with the damned thing. I can't count the number of times I've tried to get to the outdoor console before the last savepoint in the second airport, only to be nailed by the Tanker with the SBG. Full health + overpower + full shield = STILL DEAD!

And whilst the SBG's funny for making Mutant Muro dance with, it doesn't quite make it up.

#18 07/21/08 07:07

Iritscen

Yeah, they forgot to code a measure of randomized inaccuracy into the AI, at least for that weapon (isn't there a setting we can mod for that?).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#19 07/22/08 18:07

Muro

As long as your not changing right at someone with the SBG you shouldn't worry to much.

#20 07/22/08 18:07

ItemfinderDeluxe

Even then it doesn't help. You get hit by the xplosion on one of the grenades, and there is every possibility of them shooting you dead on whilst you're on the ground. If you could disable the auto-tracking on the guns it might help, bt I don't know if the AI has its own auto-tracking code or not.

#21 07/23/08 01:07

Gumby

Inaccuracy is a simple fix (I think) in the Weapon files.

#22 07/29/08 09:07

love_Oni

If someone is running toward to you when you're holding a SBG, try to shot him in the leg. There is a big chance that the explosion won't affect to you but it will send him up, even you can't see him in a moment and then... his corpse will fall down from the sky. Try it out big_smile!

Last edited by love_Oni (07/29/08 09:07)

#23 10/20/08 12:10

MKUltra

love_Oni wrote:

If someone is running toward to you when you're holding a SBG, try to shot him in the leg. There is a big chance that the explosion won't affect to you but it will send him up, even you can't see him in a moment and then... his corpse will fall down from the sky. Try it out big_smile!

LOL... it is funny to watch the body fly up in the air, in the grips of "ragdol physics", but slam down onto the ground as stiff and flat as a board.

Still, I prefer the MB. After playing through the game as often as I have, you get to know where all the enemies are lurking, and I just LOVE picking them off from maximum range, which is a hoot when playing the Rooftops.

MB+roughjustice+superammo = lulz.

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#24 10/20/08 14:10

Gumby

MKUltra wrote:
love_Oni wrote:

LOL... it is funny to watch the body fly up in the air, in the grips of "ragdol physics", but slam down onto the ground as stiff and flat as a board.

Still, I prefer the MB. After playing through the game as often as I have, you get to know where all the enemies are lurking, and I just LOVE picking them off from maximum range, which is a hoot when playing the Rooftops.

MB+roughjustice+superammo = lulz.

MB+ROF hack (30 shots per second)+superammo=lulz. big_smile

#25 10/20/08 18:10

Barneyhater
Website

I like the Mercury Bow, but I only use it when someone is shooting at me so it spends most of its time in my pocket lol

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

Board footer