Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/12/08 07:10

Tantir

Complicated mods, instaling...

Hi, I back to this forum after year.
There  is a few mods, but its  almost impossible to install it for me.
http://mods.oni2.net/ In this site is more mods, buts its need onisplit, plug-ins and other strange things. Is there turorial how install them?
And what I should install before that?
Daodan dll, Anniversary editon, and its all? Please help me smile

#2 10/12/08 08:10

love_Oni

Re: Complicated mods, instaling...

I think it isn't as hard as you think.

Install the Anniversary Edition and some other plugins for the best result

EdT wrote:

You will need to download the latest version of Oni that has plugins enabled:
   For PC users download this: http://paradox.oni2.net/mods/Oni_level_ … retail.rar
   For Mac users, just download this: http://edt.oni2.net/AE/Oni.zip

and the Daodan.dll, too smile.

If the mods you want to install are TRAMs, characters, weapons etc., just grab all the .oni files in your level0_final folder and recombine level0. You can use this recombiner.

You can find other mods here.

Last edited by love_Oni (10/12/08 08:10)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#3 10/12/08 08:10

Iritscen

Hi Tantir, welcome back.  If I understand your question, you're asking about how to install mods that require OniSplit and plug-ins.  Plug-ins are a form of mod that you just stick in the GDF; they're actual .dat/.raw files that require no official installation.  If you are confused about any other terms on the Mod Depot, please read the "Term Definitions" (it's at the bottom of the left sidebar).

Now, some mods *do* require OniSplit and the Edition to install.  If they require the Edition, they will say "Yes" in the column "Globalization required?" in the Depot when you search for mods by type, etc.  But it's a good idea to just install the Edition first before trying any mods.  As for OniSplit, you can read all about it on the wiki: http://wiki.oni2.net/OniSplit .  It may have been around when you were last here, but since then it's gained many new abilities and become even more important to our efforts.  Specifically, you need to read about the -import command on that page.  If you downloaded a mod that consists of .oni files, you would usually drop them into the appropriate level folder (often level0_Final) and use the -import command to turn the files into a new set of level0_Final.dat/.raw(/.sep on Mac).

If you read the pages I mentioned above (the one on the Depot and the OniSplit wiki page) and still have questions, at least you will be able to ask more specific questions :-) .  And welcome back.

P.S.: Heh, Love_Oni beat me to it.  Oh well, maybe one of us explained something that the other didn't.

Last edited by Iritscen (10/12/08 08:10)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 10/13/08 11:10

Tantir

Thanx for the help.

There is a lot of  new tools, mods, and other things. That is great.
I want to use some of this stuff, but i have a problem with onisplit.
I download it from http://edt.oni2.net/OS/OniSplit_v0.9.28.zip.
When i start it, black window appears, and then dissappears!
I have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 from here, is that the problem?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

Last edited by Tantir (10/13/08 11:10)

#5 10/13/08 12:10

paradox-01

Yo, welcome back.

There are some different ways to use the onisplit exe. Here my favourite method so far.

Put the onisplit exe into the "edition\GameDataFolder" folder and use the window's address bar (that's where you can see the directory in full length).

Delete that address, type (for example) the code below, and hit enter.

onisplit -extract:xml xml_dir level0_Final/ONCCkonoko*.oni

The star is good for mess extraction/creation and good for shorten long unique file names. ("ONCCkonoko_generic" will be extracted in new folder "edition\GameDataFolder\xml_dir".)

PS: It's also a good idea to keep the code in a temporary opened text file. There you can easily modify the code for other files and doesn't need you to type it from beginning into the address bar. (Be aware of Windows' short cut "shift + c" for coping marked text and "shift + v" for pasting text.)

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/13/08 12:10)

#6 10/13/08 12:10

ONIrules

Tantir: You don't use onisplit that way. You have to go to use CMD or command prompt to direct onisplit. Lets say you put onisplit in your desktop. Open CMD and it will appear like this C:\ or D:\Documents and Setting\<Your Name> Then type cd desktop/onisplit and ENTER. You should get this C:\ or D:\Doucuments and Setting\<Your Name>\Desktop\onisplit and tons of commands will come out.

#7 10/14/08 05:10

Tantir

I`m too old for this things.;/
How to install plug-ins? I download level0_BGI_PC and level0_BGI_PC.raw put them to sas directory in my Gamedata folder and use this comand: Onisplit.exe -import:nosep ..\GameDataFolder\sas ..\GameDataFolder\level0_Final.dat and its not working.
What should I do?

And one more thing:
Can we add unlimited new characters to level 0?

Last edited by Tantir (10/14/08 05:10)

#8 10/14/08 06:10

love_Oni

Just put the plug-ins files in the "X:\...\Oni\edition\GameDataFolder" (you don't need to recombine the level). For the file level0_BGI_PC.dat and level0_BGI_PC.raw you have downloaded, after installed it, type 'shapeshifter' in the console and you can shapeshift to BGI troops.

And one more thing:
Can we add unlimited new characters to level 0?

Maybe?

Last edited by love_Oni (10/14/08 06:10)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#9 10/14/08 09:10

paradox-01

Come on, just look at these two pictures.
[#1] (Do you see the marked text? That's the window address bar.)
[#2] (Copy the code into it and press enter on your keyboard.)

#10 10/14/08 10:10

Iritscen

But just to be clear here, Tantir, love_Oni is giving you the correct instructions for "installing" the plug-ins (in short, you just put them in the GDF), paradox is on the other topic of how to use OniSplit to take .oni files and recombine them into a level.  Two different kinds of mods.

#11 10/14/08 12:10

Tantir

Woah, I can`t beleve it, instaling plug-ins is so simple. Thanx for help.       I think, I understand few new stuff now.
I will try make something later.
Anyway, thanx for the help.
BTW: Where`s Geyser?

#12 10/14/08 15:10

Iritscen

He's on sabbatical from the forum.  In other words, he's too busy to come here.  Important real-life stuff.

#13 10/14/08 16:10

ONIrules

You make think plug ins or easy, but most oni files requires onisplit cause they're not converted to plug ins.

Last edited by ONIrules (10/15/08 13:10)

#14 10/15/08 10:10

Tantir

Uff, everything is hard smile
OK, plug-ins is something like level0_final raw and dat.  True?
And then.
I use  onisplit -export to extract BGI plug-in to sas dir. When I use onisplit import:nosep to sas dir,  plug-in should be created. And there is 2 new files, raw and dat, it have the same size like original BGI_PC dat and raw, but its not working when i put it in Game data folder. Whats wrong?

#15 10/16/08 14:10

paradox-01

Yes (but without the word "Final").

How do you named your plugin files? (Note that they don't work at all if you rename them.)
(Here's the full story about plugins. -- For example: "level0_(Zoo)" would be loaded before other level0_Final content because "(" comes even before the capital letters ABC....)

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/16/08 14:10)

#16 10/16/08 16:10

Barneyhater
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

"level0_(Zoo)"

Zoo?

Last edited by Barneyhater (10/16/08 16:10)

"It is not hatred but indifference that will destroy us." -Unknown
"One death is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic" -Joseph Stalin

#17 10/17/08 10:10

Tantir

Ahh, thanx for help, but I must give up. smile
I will back to my old topic "Some mods with bugs", hope without bugs. smile

Last edited by Tantir (10/17/08 11:10)

Board footer