Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/29/09 03:06

Shade

Oni script editor help.

Ok, I've downloaded the Oni Script Editor and its version 2.2, How can I add the map level onto the script editor so I can start scripting some stuff? Sorry for the question. I'm still new to this smile

#2 06/29/09 13:06

Phydur

Re: Oni script editor help.

do you have AE? cause if you do, i don't know how to help you, if you dont:
(er, AE stands for anniversary edition, its a mod released by this community. it makes modding easeir, but more confusing if you dont know what you're doing, IMHO. there arent any .bsl files in the AE verson, i dont know what they're labed as so i cant help you there.)

click the open button, and navigate to your Oni folder, (most likely C:\program files\Oni if you have windows) open GameDataFolder and then pick the level. open the .BSL file, and then edit it. save it, and then try it out.

Last edited by Phydur (06/29/09 13:06)

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#3 06/29/09 14:06

Gumby

You can open bsl files with plain 'ol Notepad.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 06/30/09 18:06

Shade

Phydur wrote:

do you have AE? cause if you do, i don't know how to help you, if you dont:
(er, AE stands for anniversary edition, its a mod released by this community. it makes modding easeir, but more confusing if you dont know what you're doing, IMHO. there arent any .bsl files in the AE verson, i dont know what they're labed as so i cant help you there.)

click the open button, and navigate to your Oni folder, (most likely C:\program files\Oni if you have windows) open GameDataFolder and then pick the level. open the .BSL file, and then edit it. save it, and then try it out.

I have the anniversary edition, I kinda don't know how to use it, I was wondering if anyone knew how I could use Tyr's Script Editor. Because every time I put try to open the BSL files onto the script editor it never shows up. Is there some kind of format I have to use or something? You can help me with the AE one if you want me to though smile it looks really interesting big_smile

Board footer