#201 03/01/15 12:03

Barnak

Re: Oni Intel-native build for OS X

Ow !  Thanks a lot.  I'm downloading right now !  smile

#202 03/01/15 12:03

Barnak

Iritscen wrote:

Yes, there are a couple newer builds that have been made available provisionally until Feral officially releases a build to replace 1.1b5.  You'll want the 1.1 build offered there; it's much more recent than 1.1b5, but it's not really well-supported because most users are past Snow Leopard now, which you mentioned elsewhere that you are running.  To get vsync, you can use the -vsync launch argument.  See the read-me and launch_args.txt that come with the 1.2 build in the aforementioned thread for help on setting this up.

Hmm, I just tried it on some levels, and this app works badly :

1.  I get a black screen at startup.  Typing escape solve this and gets me the game menu.  pretty weird.
2.  adding the vsync may crash the game while playing a level.

#203 03/01/15 15:03

Iritscen

The black screen is due to Oni trying to play the intro movie, but I think that feature is broken for Oni in 10.6.  You can use the -novideos launch argument to automatically skip the intro and outro.

Vsync should never cause a crash, so I would need to see a crash report in order to help find the cause of the crash.  Can you email me the crash report (it's probably in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports)?  You can email me by clicking my name and looking for a form email link.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#204 03/01/15 19:03

Barnak

Iritscen wrote:

You can email me by clicking my name and looking for a form email link.

I did have several crash logs.

Ok, see your email.

Last edited by Barnak (03/01/15 19:03)

#205 07/08/15 19:07

Iritscen

The build provided in this thread no longer runs in the latest version of OS X.  Closing thread in order to redirect any readers who wander into this thread from Google to this page, which has the latest Oni build for Mac.  Please start a new thread in the Help and Troubleshooting forum if you need help with the Oni build.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer