Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/09/08 10:12

encinodude

Custom music in Oni

Is there any way to replace the music that plays in Oni? I've replayed this game a few times every year since it was released, so I think it's high time for some new songs to beat people up to.

#2 12/09/08 10:12

AdamBast

Re: Custom music in Oni

You want to have the punch, kick and shooting effects, and change the background music?
If that's the deal, then I can't help you. Maybe others will, but I have another solution:

I play ALL games like this:
Mute the game in the options, and play something in your music player program
(JetAudio for me). wink

My head is bangin'
You're killing me
Please don't stop

#3 12/09/08 11:12

Gumby

encinodude wrote:

Is there any way to replace the music that plays in Oni? I've replayed this game a few times every year since it was released, so I think it's high time for some new songs to beat people up to.

I like the music, myself.

ATM, you can't unless you are good with a hex editor. Onisplit only supports SNDD conversion, not yet other types of sounds.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 12/09/08 13:12

encinodude

Gumby wrote:
encinodude wrote:

I like the music, myself.

ATM, you can't unless you are good with a hex editor. Onisplit only supports SNDD conversion, not yet other types of sounds.

Oh, I love the default music, but wouldn't it be great fun to add in pieces of your own and see if they fit as well? I only know the barest essential of hex editing, so that's out. But someday, maybe...

#5 12/09/08 17:12

Iritscen

Well, someday we'll hopefully have support for it in OniSplit or something that will make adding music easier.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer