Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/07/08 11:12

encinodude

Changing specific moves

I have the Anniversary Edition, and I want to spice up Konoko's moveset a bit. There are a few moves I dislike and/or find to be pretty useless. The closest I've found to a tutorial to do this is this one (http://wiki.oni2.net/User:Gumby/Move_Tutorial) by Gumby, and as I understand it explains how to swap an entire moveset with another character's. But is it possible to replace moves individually?

Thanks in advance.

#2 12/07/08 12:12

Gumby

Re: Changing specific moves

Yes, you can. You need to replace the moves in Konoko's TRAC

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 12/07/08 14:12

encinodude

Gumby wrote:

Yes, you can. You need to replace the moves in Konoko's TRAC

I assume I'll need to use OniSplit to extract the xml, or something along those lines, edit it, and import it back in? I'm going to look over this article (http://wiki.oni2.net/TRAC), but any tips you can provide to point me in a better direction would be much appreciated, as I'm new to Oni modding.

Last edited by encinodude (12/07/08 14:12)

#4 12/07/08 19:12

Gumby

I can't explain right now, limited time. I'll look into it tomorrow.

#5 12/07/08 20:12

EdT
Website

encinodude:  You are correct, you need to extract the file TRACkonoko_animations as .xml.  Then look at the combat moves for each character: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Gameplay/Combat_moves  This page will give you the names of the various moves.

Now, find the moves you want to change in TRACkonoko_animations and replace it with the name of the moves from another character. 

One thing you need to be aware is that the moves are designed for a certain pelvis height.  So if you give Konoko a SWAT's move, she will appear to be floating above the ground during that move.

Once you have modified TRACkonoko_animations import it back to Oni and rebuild level0_Final

#6 12/08/08 00:12

encinodude

Ah, wonderful. I'm pretty sure now I can get this to work. Why more people aren't modding Oni is beyond me. This is one of the finest beat 'em ups of all time. I also understand, anyways, that Konoko can't do a power move like Barbaras' Earthquake because there's no input bound to it? Is there a way, then to bind an input to it?

EDIT: I'm actually looking to add Regeneration to Konoko, rather than Earthquake, but I guess it's under the same category.

EDIT 2: Hmm... perhaps I spoke too soon? I tried this command (OniSplit -import TRACkonoko_animations.xml level0_Final) and it didn't seem to work. Konoko's moveset remains unchanged. I'll experiment further...

EDIT 3: I think I've figured out what to actually do. The only problem that remains: what's the command to recompile everything into the .dat file, assuming I'm on the right track?

EDIT 4: Figured out how to rebuild levels using this command (-import:nosep <source directory> <target file name>.dat) [for ref: OniSplit -import:nosep level0_Final level0_Final.dat] found here (http://wiki.oni2.net/OniSplit), but it appears I've imported the xml into the level directory wrongly, because nothing has changed still. I think I need to correct command to import the tranc xml back into the .oni

EDIT 5: Got it to work once and for all with this command (onisplit -create level0_Final TRACkonoko_animations.xml). Looks like I'm all set.

EDIT 6: The "height" problem is indeed noticeable. I guess it's hardcoded into the engine?

Last edited by encinodude (12/08/08 02:12)

#7 12/08/08 02:12

Gumby

encinodude wrote:

Ah, wonderful. I'm pretty sure now I can get this to work. Why more people aren't modding Oni is beyond me. This is one of the finest beat 'em ups of all time. I also understand, anyways, that Konoko can't do a power move like Barbaras' Earthquake because there's no input bound to it? Is there a way, then to bind an input to it?

EDIT: I'm actually looking to add Regeneration to Konoko, rather than Earthquake, but I guess it's under the same category.

EDIT 2: Hmm... perhaps I spoke too soon? I tried this command (OniSplit -import TRACkonoko_animations.xml level0_Final) and it didn't seem to work. Konoko's moveset remains unchanged. I'll experiment further...

EDIT 3: I think I've figured out what to actually do. The only problem that remains: what's the command to recompile everything into the .dat file, assuming I'm on the right track?

EDIT 4: Figured out how to rebuild levels using this command (-import:nosep <source directory> <target file name>.dat) found here (http://wiki.oni2.net/OniSplit), but it appears I've imported the xml into the level directory wrongly, because nothing has changed still. I think I need to correct command to import the tranc xml back into the .oni

EDIT 5: Got it to work once and for all with this command (onisplit -create level0_Final TRACkonoko_animations.xml). Looks like I'm all set.

EDIT 6: The "height" problem is indeed noticeable. I guess it's hardcoded into the engine?

Last edited by encinodude (Today 23:08)

smile Good job on figuring it all out.

The height problem is hardcoded into the animations, not the engine. The animations were made for someone taller than Konoko.

#8 12/08/08 02:12

encinodude

Another quick question: the TRAC for the Willow Kick and Crescent Moon Kick are not in the TRAC_konoko_animations file. Does this mean they're uneditable?

Last edited by encinodude (12/08/08 02:12)

#9 12/08/08 04:12

love_Oni

I think those moves are in the "TRACkonokocore_animations.oni" or "TRACkonokolev1_animations.oni", or in the "TRACgen_f_animations.oni"

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

Board footer