Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/18/08 07:10

MKUltra

Looking for persist.dat

Greetings to one and all.... I know that this has likely been asked many a time, but a search for a persist.dat file brings up an exhaustive list that often seems to lead nowhere. I used to have this file on a flash drive, but sadly, the drive has given up the ghost and I can no longer access it.

I am looking for the persist.dat file that will allow me to enable and use the cheats in Oni. I know that there is an "introduction" section here, but since I am asking about this file, I I thought I should perhaps lump everything together in one fell swoop...

I have played Oni since it was first introduced back in the day. I upgraded my RAM and video card just to play the game, in fact... I enjoyed it that much. I suppose you could say that I was a rabid fangirl, since I would not shut up about the game to those I spoke to and would encourage others to descend into the madness with me.

One odd thing... I have reinstalled Oni recently on my Windows XP Home edition system. However, when I started it it did not come back with the "Blam! Oni Crashed" message that I encountered on my last install. This is strange, no? However, this is very good and welcome news, since I do not have to now deal with this... frustration.

If someone could help me out with the file, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I have found the file. It was available at FilePlanet ^_^

Thank you for reading anyway!

Last edited by MKUltra (10/18/08 10:10)

Watashi wa no Oni... Watashi wa hitori desu....

#2 10/18/08 10:10

Iritscen

Re: Looking for persist.dat

Glad you found it, albeit in an odd place.  We usually have everything you need on the wiki, although I see that in this case we actually do not have the file itself for download AFAIK.  We do have this, though: http://wiki.oni2.net/OSGE -- with which you could edit your existing savegame file to unlock all levels.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 10/18/08 10:10

MKUltra

Iritscen wrote:

Glad you found it, albeit in an odd place.  We usually have everything you need on the wiki, although I see that in this case we actually do not have the file itself for download AFAIK.  We do have this, though: http://wiki.oni2.net/OSGE -- with which you could edit your existing savegame file to unlock all levels.

Thank you... The persist.dat I linked to in the OP actually unlocks all the levels. After I copied it over and started the game, the level selection screen in "load level" listed them all. In fact, opening the last level puts you in the final battle with Muro in his "Ultimate Chrysalis Form". There are other guides out there for editing the persist.dat file, but I do not like fiddling around with hex editors. They have a tendency to make my hangover sad. big_smile

As an aside, I used to visit the "OniCentral" website back when it was basic, simple and offered the persist.dat along with the music from the Oni soundtrack for download... My, but that was a loooong time ago! roll

Thank you again for your input! big_smile

#4 10/18/08 11:10

Gumby

Ahh welcome. smile

If I had been awake at 5:20 in the morning I would have linked you to my special one which has every level you would ever need (ever) unlocked. big_smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 10/18/08 11:10

Iritscen

MKUltra wrote:

Thank you... The persist.dat I linked to in the OP actually unlocks all the levels.

I just wanted to make a statement on the forum, for future readers as well as notifying you of the editor.

I do not like fiddling around with hex editors.

Me neither, but OSGE is a GUI, so it's easy-peasy to unlock levels, change that "<spoiler> Griffin" variable to get the other ending fight, and change health/ammo/etc. at every savepoint.  Just so you know.

#6 10/18/08 14:10

MKUltra

Iritscen wrote:
MKUltra wrote:

Thank you... The persist.dat I linked to in the OP actually unlocks all the levels.

I just wanted to make a statement on the forum, for future readers as well as notifying you of the editor.

I do not like fiddling around with hex editors.

Me neither, but OSGE is a GUI, so it's easy-peasy to unlock levels, change that "<spoiler> Griffin" variable to get the other ending fight, and change health/ammo/etc. at every savepoint.  Just so you know.

Again, I thank you... I am used tro dealing with th3e "old school" hex editors, which, as I mentioned, are a hell of a headache.

Do you happen to have a download link for the GUI editor? I would not mind trying something that is not... "user hostile" lol

#7 10/18/08 15:10

Iritscen

Download links are in the wiki page big_smile

#8 10/18/08 16:10

Gumby

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer