Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/05/08 09:10

gorilla325

throws effectively

i wonder is there anything that could make me throw more effectively...?  there're times that i felt i was close enough to the enemy, so i want to perform a throw.  but it did not happen, then i got punched by the enemy...

#2 10/05/08 09:10

ONIrules

Re: throws effectively

Sometimes I need to punch the enemy (just punch) and then throw in order to perform one.

#3 10/05/08 13:10

Loser

I don't know whether you are using original TRAMs or some modified. In following paragraph I am talking about standing throws (not running ones).

Originally, sometimes you cannot throw enemy because you are using character which can throw enemy only if enemy STANDS or CROUCHES, nothing more. So any sidestep, any attempt for move will prevent you from throwing. To express more specifically: in original Oni Konoko can throw enemy if enemy stands, crouches, walks etc... Other classes can only throw if enemy stands or crouches.

Next, if you are playing some modification, there is chance that throw range was decreased for some reason. For example in THIS modification throw ranges are decreased, so you have to get really close. Throws are more counter moves in this version, reducing throw spamming.

And finally, it looks like AI2 can block throws ^_^. From long time observing and from knowing some fileds in some files, I guess AI2 can "defend" aganist being thrown. Result is that enemy simply plays kick/punch forward attack, even tough he was in range for throw. Put up with that, you cannot change that...^_~

Loser

Last edited by Loser (10/05/08 13:10)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#4 10/05/08 14:10

Iritscen

Wow, we should really narrow that down in the TRAM(?) binary, don't you think, Loser?  What field determines throw blocking, I mean.  That's very interesting if true.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 10/05/08 20:10

gorilla325

tongue  i don't use any mods at the moment.  so i am still playing the original version.  it's interesting to note that i felt the AI can grab me in the air and throw me.  i thought that was awesome...  big_smile 

anyway, i saw an youtube clip called flawless, i was so amazed at the guy's ability to throw people and backbreaking them...  for me, the best thing is stand still while the enemy's attack.  then throw him when he's done attacking...  i guess i tried to grab while they started to attack at the same time.  that might be why i could not be very a good grabber...  and what's AI2?

#6 10/05/08 20:10

Gumby

gorilla325 wrote:

tongue  i don't use any mods at the moment.  so i am still playing the original version.  it's interesting to note that i felt the AI can grab me in the air and throw me.  i thought that was awesome...  big_smile 

anyway, i saw an youtube clip called flawless, i was so amazed at the guy's ability to throw people and backbreaking them...  for me, the best thing is stand still while the enemy's attack.  then throw him when he's done attacking...  i guess i tried to grab while they started to attack at the same time.  that might be why i could not be very a good grabber...  and what's AI2?

AI2 is the system that controls the enemies (and allies...). Basically, everyone but you. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer