Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 01/23/13 10:01

Iritscen

Re: The Mod Depot is open for business

What prompted me to think differently about allowing 'delete' rights for users is that now we're making a direct connection between the Depot and the AE, especially for core packages, so one accidental click can disable the actual AE for players around the world.  And I believe we've had at least one accidentally-deleted node in the past.

I've also made mandatory the creation of revisions when editing nodes.  For any nodes that have been edited in the last few days since I turned on revisions, you can now click on a Revisions tab at the top of the page and see what has been changed.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#102 01/23/13 10:01

Samer
Website

I understand about the delete .. But why not give us (few uploaders) the unpublishing privelage ? I can't see neither delete nor unpublish.
I suggest giving us the unpublishing thing but keep the deleting for you and Alloc.
For the revisions, i saw it and used it, and i'm not sure i fully understood what you mean by made mandatory, but i don't think it should be mandatory, sometimes the change is not worth talking about .. Example i will soon edit my packs to remove the sentence that says requires character additives. Or modify the description to add a link to the forum thread or correct some grammar .. It's kinda annoying if i have to post a reason everytime. What i suggest is make the revisions mandatory if you're editing a mod by others, but not ur own mod. Example i have to give reason if i edit a mod by paradox but it's not necessary if it's my mod. However uploader isn't always creator. Example my shinibot pack was uploaded by demos.
Or maybe postopne it till the new AEI and AE is out, since we're in a period of editing mods and preparing them for the AEI, revisions aren't necessary now.
P.s: just a reminder about the ''particle'' mod type

Last edited by Samer (01/23/13 12:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#103 01/23/13 12:01

Iritscen

In all honesty, I'd rather not make a habit of unpublishing content, because then it lurks in the system until I remember to check for unpublished content once in a while and clean it up.  It's better to just ask me to delete a node.  I don't think nodes need to get deleted often, do you?

The creation of revisions is now mandatory (and automatic), but you don't have to enter a reason for the change, that part's still optional.  In the past, I never knew what people were changing, but that wasn't very responsible of me as an administrator, so now I have a better grip on what is being changed.

#104 01/23/13 12:01

Samer
Website

Ouh ok i thought the reason became mandatory ... Yeah the revision makes sense smile
So in the future if i want to delete some node .. Shall I report it on this thread ?

Btw i've also noticed that on some nods .. There are several files that aren't displayed but remain .. Like junkyard .. We've moved junkyard 2.0 to another node so it should be removed from the main one .. Along other files

Last edited by Samer (01/23/13 12:01)

#105 01/23/13 13:01

Iritscen

I think it would be better to email me for mod deletions, since they're passing events that don't need to be documented here (too bad we don't have PMs anymore on the forum).  And yes, I have noticed that some files seem to be lingering in the system.  I haven't had time to figure out why, or whether I can safely delete them through FTP.  Just to be clear, what kinds of issues are you seeing?

#106 01/23/13 13:01

Alloc
Website

Those are probably files I just unpublished instead of deleting them as it was not me who uploaded them in the first place. So just unpublishing them for now seemed a good solution to me wink

EDIT: I think I did it for a few other files too, IIRC e.g. SMP. So if you were the creator/submitter of such files it's safe to remove them. wink

Last edited by Alloc (01/23/13 13:01)

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#107 01/23/13 14:01

Samer
Website

I haven't had time to figure out why, or whether I can safely delete them through FTP.  Just to be clear, what kinds of issues are you seeing?

not exactly issues but more like unnecessary files .. press edit on the junkyard mod http://mods.oni2.net/node/181/edit

there are 4 files there and only one displayed, the hidden ones are unnecessarily using space.

the noblue one as i said before can be deleted, it was because we modders made textures using a newer onisplit that read the colors in a different format while others were still using an old onisplit which lead them to see some reflective textures blue .. users also reported that issue when i released kojiro, once the users updated their onisplit the issue was fixed, since onisplit is now automatically updated junkyardnoblue can be removed smile

Edt wrote:

I realized the blue textures were the ones I created using the latest OniSplit, so these: (link given) were made with an older version.

there's also a BINACHO file uploaded by me this made some updates but is unnecessary any more since i later released a more updated version in junkyardozg2.0 so i removed this one. I also removed junkyardozg2.0 since it got its own node now.
there's a third pack called junkyardfight .. i don't know what that is, maybe ask Edt if it should be kept.

I'll report if I find other stuff like this.

#108 01/23/13 14:01

Iritscen

Okay, thanks.  I've deleted NoBlue.

#109 01/24/13 06:01

Samer
Website

Iritscen would you mind if I 'tied up' some packs ?
Example this: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2107 and this  http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2229  are same character right ? But their package numbers are wide spread apart ... Tracker's alita uses 27000 which is out of place .. Konoko hd uses 26000, griffin hd 28000 and muro 28100 .. 27000 should be kept for another HD character or something related to the HD characters.
So may I put the 3 gally packs in the 215** range instead ?
Also gmsly's 3 in 1 konoko is a character/trac modification given a 8**** number .. 8**** numbers should/are used for level mods .. Do you mind if i change it to a more suitable number ?
Also some mods are a bit vague (description doesn't say what they do) i'll add some more details.
may i make these changes ? Now is the perfect time since new AEI is not released yet, later, changes in numbers would be difficult.

#110 01/24/13 09:01

Iritscen

Well, I'm not too concerned about where Gally/Alita is placed within the 20000 numbering range.  I don't think it will affect anyone's work if they can't use a round number like 27000 for their HD Oni character.  But you're right that gmsly's mod is in the wrong range, so fixing that would be good.  And updating descriptions is always good, I try to do that when I notice a problem, so I won't ever complain about that.

#111 01/25/13 06:01

Samer
Website

I'm sorry to bother you guys again, but i'm trying to make sure all my mods will run smoothly with new AEI and won't cause any issues for users.
I have an issue with 1 of my mods .. In Muro'sWardrobe i give the users the option to either use Severed's texture or VR's mesh\texture for the outfits .. To do that they have to open the mod's folder after download and before install, and either delete the folder called severed or the folder called VR. With new AEI however, the download and install is a one step thing ... I thought about making them 2 packs with 2 numbers muro'swardrobeh-severed and muro'swardrobe-VR.. But in this case smp-conversion has a dependency on muro's wardrobe and then i won't know which 1 to put the dependency the VR one or the Severed one on as it would depend on which the user prefers and i can't put a dependency on both.. So can I for example have them 2 packs but use same number ? Then the smp-conversion will depend on that number no matter if user downloaded severed or VR.

#112 01/25/13 09:01

Iritscen

Hmm, maybe Alloc can tell us what the AEI would do in that situation.

#113 01/25/13 09:01

Alloc
Website

Now it's me again ... sad wink
No, won't work, as the package num is what is used to uniquely identify packages. So two with the same number won't work.

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#114 01/25/13 12:01

Samer
Website

ok i'll keep it as is then smile they'll just have to reinstall after they've downloaded and installed first time.

maybe for a much later update tongue one day .. the OR could be added for dependency .. and maybe besides 'depends on' and 'incompatible with' we have an "overwrites"  to specify which packs it may overwrite while still being compatible ..
example alita shapeshifted overwrites the binacho files of smp-conversion (both modify common levels binacho) while the bsl parts of smp remain this leads to bugs as the bsl refers to characters not present anymore (incompatibility) while alitashapeshifter and edt's guard dogs ..  guard dogs changes level 3 binacho to include gaurd dogs .. alita also changes binacho of level 3, end result is you don't get the guard dogs in level 3 since alita has higher pack order (overwriting but not an incompatibility)
some day tongue Alloc has done more than enough already.

Last edited by Samer (01/25/13 12:01)

#115 02/09/13 14:02

Iritscen

Okay, I have added "Particle" as a new choice for "Mod type".  I also moved over from "Other" a few mods that seemed to belong under "Particle".

#116 02/09/13 14:02

Samer
Website

Thanks smile

#117 02/23/13 22:02

Samer
Website

I just want to point out something, since the new AEI is going to be able to search\arrange\filter by creator name I suggest that the creators always use same name .. example paradox sometimes is referred to as 'dox sometimes paradox sometimes paradox-01 .. script_10k or Script10k or s10k .. I'll take the liberty to make them uniform if it's ok with everyone.

#118 02/24/13 07:02

s10k
Website

Use s10k to me then please (or let me do it myself). I will use that from now.

Last edited by s10k (02/24/13 08:02)

#119 02/24/13 08:02

Iritscen

I had already tried to make all the creator names consistent at one point, but I guess I missed some!

#120 02/24/13 09:02

Samer
Website

Fabio .. A lot of the collaboration mods and old mods have you listed as script10k ... (in mod.cfg for example) so ok if you can change all of them

#121 03/28/13 06:03

breech

Iritscen wrote:

Okay, I have added "Particle" as a new choice for "Mod type".  I also moved over from "Other" a few mods that seemed to belong under "Particle".

Please add an "Audio" mods section. I have one done and another nearing completion.

Last edited by breech (03/28/13 06:03)

#122 03/28/13 08:03

Iritscen

Aha.  Well, until there's a few of some kind of mod, I prefer to put them under "Other".  A category looks kind of silly with one or two things in it smile  So at the very least we have to have a minimum of three things to offer.  If you finish a couple, and maybe Menger&Meester start getting their audio tracks sliced up and in-game, then we'll have a category.

#123 03/28/13 09:03

6opoDuJIo

<off-topic>
That's incredible - game is old and not very well known, but community is still alive. Im very surprised.
</off-topic>

Implement Oni with Unity3D engine :
https://github.com/6opoDuJIo/Oni-Round2

#124 03/28/13 11:03

Iritscen

Yes, we just keep on going.  I think we keep each other motivated. One person works on one area and then it inspires someone else to work on something else.

#125 05/08/13 10:05

Samer
Website

Question ...
Did the custom level mods get their mod.cfg updated with ''unlock level'' ?
if not could someone update them .. Because i'm getting some complaints on fb group that when installing levels like level maze and muro's lair they're not showing in the level select list.

Board footer