Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/27/08 10:08

Striker

Oni 2 online?

Guys, my friends told me they got Oni 2 online and they play it so much. I searched it and I found niothing about it. I suspect they are playing a prank on me because when I asked them to send me a screenshot, they said that they are too busy. and then i asked them to send me the link, they said that they forgot it. You are thre only ones that I trust. is there such thing as Oni 2 online? if there is, send me the link or give me a screenshot.

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#2 08/27/08 10:08

Iritscen

Re: Oni 2 online?

Sorry, there's no such animal.  Believe me, we'd be talking about it on the forum non-stop if it existed.  There was an Oni 2 in development that was canceled early in production (for the PS2 only) back in '01.  Since then the only appearance of an "Oni 2" to be found on the Internet is in our wiki's namespace (wiki.oni2.net), and specifically in the fan projects that attempt to plan for an Oni 2.  But there's nothing playable in that regard.  Conclusion: Your friends are punking you.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/27/08 10:08

paradox-01

http://www.neonew.oni2.net/ - A few more information about the online thingy.

#4 08/27/08 13:08

Iritscen

Oh yeah, there is that.  I never actually saw that page before, but that looks like the project I was asking about a while back.  That was our best hope for a multiplayer (online) Oni (not Oni 2).  Paradox, is that still in active development?

#5 08/27/08 14:08

Gumby

It is at "neonew".oni2.net, so maybe Neo would be the best person to ask. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#6 08/27/08 14:08

Iritscen

Neo scares me.  He's all shadowy and quiet and stuff.  (Actually, I don't want to bother him when he's working on OniSplit.  People around here can be very sensitive when you ask them about something; they think you're saying they should be working on it. ;-)

#7 08/28/08 00:08

Gumby

I've only talked with him once. He seems like a pretty nice guy. I lost his Yahoo address though. It would probably be a better idea to ask on the wiki anyways. tongue

I don't think the project is still running, from what geyser has said in several different places. smile

#8 09/01/08 16:09

Alloc
Website

Neo isn't the same person as neonew. Neonew has left us a long time ago. I think it *could* be possible to revive that idea with the Oni SDK but the currently public stuff doesn't allow that IMHO.

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#9 09/01/08 16:09

Gumby

Hmm. An interesting idea, but who around here knows C++? tongue

#10 09/01/08 17:09

Iritscen

*looks around, doesn't speak up for fear of having more Oni work to do*

#11 09/02/08 06:09

RossyMiles
Website

I know C and i'd like to include this project into the C version of the Daodan DLL but I've looked at the code and I don't have a clue how it works. Neonew definitely used very different methods to create his mod then what geyser, SFeLi and I used to create Daodan.

I think it *could* be possible to revive that idea with the Oni SDK but the currently public stuff doesn't allow that IMHO.

The semi official beta release of C Daodan <http://sites.google.com/site/rossymiles/oni/daodanc.zip> is sort of like a SDK but a proper symbol based SDK with header files isn't ready yet.

Board footer