Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/17/07 15:03

SektorZ
Website

My BASS Sickness.

Remember when I made a topic when I brought a subwoofer?

Okay I've got a 2nd subwoofer. Since the old one was only 10W, this one is 120W. I've never been able to set the volume to anything more than 40% because I'm not living in a house but a panel building and it's too much for it wink
This thing can actually DeSTROY! It took me forever to patch both the woofers, but they work together greatly. I kinda messed up the surround sound but it's still almost there.

The two Subwoofers.
Better pics.
The connection.
And just a speaker I have.

If someone knows software, related IN ANY WAY with SubWoofers, share...

#2 03/17/07 16:03

dez_zt

Re: My BASS Sickness.

Panel and maxed out watts don't mix very well, not to mention windows smile how many m2 is your flat?

I have a 500w sub with a pioneer amp in the ride, the amp is bolted on the back side of the backseat, sometimes it gets pretty hot smile

Last edited by dez_zt (03/17/07 16:03)

#3 03/17/07 16:03

SektorZ
Website

500w sub? :o
Do you live in a house or something? Those watts are for an underground disco, not for an apartment :p

Mine are in total of 200w with the other extra speakers, and I can still barely get to 30% volume before the cans of coke start falling from the shelves :f Can't imagine 500w

Last edited by SektorZ (03/17/07 16:03)

#4 03/17/07 16:03

Last_Hero

Give me a headset and I'll be happy, no potential of destroying my property.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die

#5 03/17/07 16:03

SektorZ
Website

Good for you, but music is life and I'd destroy anything to have it the way i want it

#6 03/17/07 17:03

dez_zt

Like I said RIDE, it's in my car.
I live in a house with a garden if thats important. Having it at 25% is enought to listen to from a few meters when I meet my friends. Having it is what counts.

#7 03/17/07 17:03

geyser
Website

Two words for it: woof woof smile

There's a bit of flotation with how the manufacturers evaluate the wattage of a sound device.
Once you've see an Alienware media center with a "built-in 1000-watt amp", you learn to take the wattage with a few grains of salt...

P.S. My parents got an Acer iDea media center a few weeks ago. As for me, I somehow live with mini-headphones and laptop speakers.

Last edited by geyser (03/17/07 17:03)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 03/17/07 17:03

SektorZ
Website

This looks pretty nice!

it's in my car.

yeah I'm planning on getting something for the car too..

#9 03/17/07 18:03

dez_zt

Alienware media center, and to think I only got some lame mp3 player in my car... 160gb, don't even know what I'd put in so much space, as for parents my parents hate loud music...

#10 03/17/07 18:03

SektorZ
Website

I have to turn the woofers off at night time, bad memories from the last time the police came. I wish my room was  huge, or I lived in a house, otherwise this is just something powerful you have but can't unleash.

#11 03/17/07 18:03

dez_zt

Believe, the police might come even if you live in a house, theres just that one neigbour...
Speaking of panel, having a real New year's eve party is very hard.

#12 03/17/07 21:03

geyser
Website

It's 160 GB extendable to 1.5 TB... neutral  but actually they only sell those AlienWare PCs in America, so for me (or my family) it's just a funny page on the web.
The iDea has no built-in amp, and anyway we'll use the media center mainly for classical music, jazz, etc: not like my parents are ex-punks or something smile
BTW, powerful gear is worthwhile even if you only use it at under 50%: underused power means linear restitution in the working range, which is good.

Last edited by geyser (03/17/07 21:03)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#13 03/18/07 06:03

SektorZ
Website

theres just that one neigbour...

There are laws about that - I think you are allowed a little more noise between 11am and 8pm or something.

Board footer