Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/30/08 09:07

Imago

Imago: The RP. Sign up

Based off Bungie's Oni game.
---
It is a century after the devastation of the atmospheric processors.

A century. A century of anarchy, of chaos, of power unyielding.

There is no unified government. Who can govern Daodan? Nobody. The poisonous wilderlands and the formerly great cities are prowled by these metahumans, sometimes in packs, sometimes alone. Both robots and SLDs are officially and del facto citizens, though their organic counterparts sometimes disagree. Strange creatures known as furrys have evolved from animals injected with the chrysalis. And everywhere you look, the posionous gas that nobody, apart from these, can survive.

Or... is it...?

To one and one group only do the Daodan bow: The Mai Tri. This group consists of Konoko, the Imago of the first chrysalis, The SLD known as Hakari, and the A.I. remnants that create the Shinatama network. Early on, some defied them, but they found that even a Daodan can be killed. Soon they were left alone, to their own devices and unchallenged in their acts.

Their task nears completion. Will Earth ever fully heal? Perhaps. But the more immediate question is...

Do you want it to?

Do you want to return to the days when humans roamed, when there were limits, when there were laws? Or stay here, in the land of power, the land of carnage, the realm where you are immortal?

The choice... is yours...
---
Terms of note:

Daodan chrysalis: A form of "smart cancer," the chrysalis selectively replaces and repurposes the cellular matter of the host in order to increase survival. It is, in essence, a clone of the host, stronger and more resilient, that grows within the host itself. Once inserted, it cannot be removed, as it will quickly take over important organs and replace them with itself. However, nobody actually wants to remove it, as it would mean certain death.

Daodan: This word has two meanings. As a noun, it refers to those who have a chrysalis. By definition, robots and SLDs cannot be a Daodan, as they are inorganic. Daodans change appearance constantly, culminating in the Imago phase. As a verb, the word means to install a chrysalis. Daodaning happens regularly, at street booths specially designed for the purpose. Daodan booths are considered untouchable, as their termination would mean the end of Daodaning and therefore death.

Imago: When a chrysalis entirely replaces the host's cellular matter, it ceases to evolve and adapt. This is called the Imago phase, or more commonly simply Imago. This phase makes the Daodan resemble its innermost self, as chrysalis adaptation is influenced by the emotions of the host. Thus, Imagos have wildly strange and unusual appearances when compared to their previous appearance. The transformation is instantaneous, and any abilities the Daodan had previously are amplified. However, Imago are unable to adapt to any danger they had not previously come in contact with, unlike other Daodans, and can thus die. A person with Imago state will usually head for the nearest booth to be Daodaned, but there are Imagos in the country who cannot or will not make the journey to the city.

Furry: When the chrysalis was first introduced to the public, both farmers and avid pet-owners requested that it be integrated into animals. This was considered reasonable, and nonhuman Daodans quickly became a common sight. However, the evolutionary aspect of the chrysalis meant that their natural abilities were enhanced, to the point where some gained sentience. Now, a century later, all Daodans are equal, even though many of the Furrys operate on instinct only.

SLD: Simulated Life Doll. Artificially grown automatons, these entities require a donation pattern of mental engrams to fully function. The SLD maintains a telepathic connection with the donor, seeing through their eyes and being able to monitor their physical condition. SLDs resemble humans, though with some unavoidable deviation at the joints, and are considered full-class citizens by most. Before Stormanderung, SLDs were made at child-size for safety reasons. However, SLDs can and often are created at adult size in modern times.

A.I.: Artificial Intelligence. Remnants of the old world, A.I.s are incapable of leaving their electronic confines. SLDs are not considered A.I.s due to the engram donation in their makeup. A.I.s are surprisingly powerful, having complete control of many buildings, and it is not uncommon to find a building destroying itself in a war between two conflicting A.I.s. A.I.s are sentient, or they are called programs. In general, A.I.s remain subservient to the physical world, but they do demand respect. Or else.

Robot: In the elder days, robots could be any self-propelled machine, sentient or no. Nowadays, robots are self-propelled machines inhabited by A.I.s. Robots generally are under the group control of one A.I., but there have been cases where an A.I. only controls one robot. A robot is not a robot without an A.I. in the modern lingo. Such objects are referred to as drones.

Stormanderung: The historical cataclysm, playable in the first Oni game.
---
Please fill out the following:

Name:
Species: (One of the above)
Appearance:
Abilities:
Personality:
Bio:

Last edited by Imago (07/30/08 09:07)

#2 07/30/08 12:07

love_Oni

Re: Imago: The RP. Sign up

Wow! I don't understand all the sentences you've written but you're truly a novel writer !

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#3 07/30/08 12:07

Imago

It's a role-play, not a story.

#4 09/17/08 08:09

Deshiel

I would like to Rp with you smile

I wish that all of the fishes were Emos.. The fishing itself would be much easier....
----
Fisherman Tommy

Board footer