Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 09/27/08 00:09

gzl5000

Re: TCTF Regional HQ MOD 3.0 Final ---big battles script!

This is an awesome mod. I love the "versus TCTF" parts. I'm guessing it's some sort of daodan link between Mai and Muro that's allowing her to relive his recent memories of storming the building as stress builds in the battle? Let me know if I'm right smile

#27 10/13/08 08:10

TCTF Agent

That reminds me... Why is it that when I become Evil Konoko after getting the Laser Torch, that there are no Black Ops or the red Fury / Elite in the lobby? Is it because I do not have the character globalization installed? :S

#28 04/22/09 05:04

Ridrave

EdT wrote:

I tried the 2.9 version and it was great.

The 3.0 mod is out: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/a … p?item=395

Edt The Link 3.0 MOD Had A Problem, When I Click To THe Link Its Says : The constant FORUM_ROOT must be defined and point to a valid PunBB installation root directory.:(

mycharactercreation1.gif

#29 04/22/09 08:04

Iritscen

Sorry for the confusion, what happened was that EdT was apparently the first person to provide a link to v3.0 of the mod, then later gmsly updated his first post with the proper link.  Since then, the forum attachment that EdT linked to went bye-bye.  I fixed the post so it won't mislead anyone else.  Go ahead and click on the link in gmsly's original post to get the latest version of the mod.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#30 08/11/10 16:08

gzl5000

Just downloaded version 3.0, I tried it before back when it was at around 2.7 (I think). I've been gone awhile...how does the install work now with the new Anniversary Edition and new AE Tools? And I forget...can you play through the game normally with this mod installed, or is the TCTF level standalone?

#31 08/11/10 17:08

Iritscen

gzl5000 wrote:

Just downloaded version 3.0, I tried it before back when it was at around 2.7 (I think). I've been gone awhile...how does the install work now with the new Anniversary Edition and new AE Tools?

This mod was never converted to package format, so you'll have to manually install it by simply placing the BSL files in the right folders in IGMD.  Unfortunately, if you then install mods in the AE, it will erase this mod from the IGMD.  You might be better off playing it with a regular copy of Oni; besides, AE mods might do something that the script wasn't expecting.

And I forget...can you play through the game normally with this mod installed, or is the TCTF level standalone?

It's just the TCTF level.  Honestly, I could never get this mod to work for me, so I hope it works for you.

#32 08/11/10 18:08

s10k
Website

This mod is intend to play with the AE not with regular oni. I just installed it in latest AE with the batch file and replacing the AE files with the zip ones.

\edit

Since you are in mac, seems it's necessary to convert the batch to unix script, which isn't included in the package. A better alternative would be convert it to AE package which shouldn't be hard since it have only one file. (which maybe AE does already include)

Last edited by s10k (08/11/10 18:08)

#33 08/11/10 18:08

Iritscen

Oh, my bad.  So, were you able to play through the whole script, S10K?

#34 08/11/10 18:08

s10k
Website

Yes both normal and easy versions.

#35 08/11/10 19:08

gzl5000

Script_10k wrote:

This mod is intend to play with the AE not with regular oni. I just installed it in latest AE with the batch file and replacing the AE files with the zip ones.

\edit

Since you are in mac, seems it's necessary to convert the batch to unix script, which isn't included in the package. A better alternative would be convert it to AE package which shouldn't be hard since it have only one file. (which maybe AE does already include)

Hm, ok thanks for the advice. I'm looking up info on how to convert mods to AE packages. Since this is a "scenario" mod, should it be numbered in the 90000s?

#36 08/11/10 19:08

Iritscen

Yes, that's correct.

#37 08/11/10 20:08

gzl5000

Iritscen wrote:

Yes, that's correct.

Awesome. I've finished my package of the mod. Since I deleted my savegames from awhile ago, I've not gotten to TCTF HQ yet, and as such have not gotten a chance to try the mod with my new install method. I think, in creating a package install for the mod, it might be integrated into the rest of the game. I'm excited to see!

#38 08/12/10 04:08

Iritscen

gzl5000 wrote:

Since I deleted my savegames from awhile ago, I've not gotten to TCTF HQ yet, and as such have not gotten a chance to try the mod with my new install method.

You can use a save-game editor to unlock savepoints, you know: http://mods.oni2.net/node/66 (that's the Windows one, see node 17 if you're on a Mac).

I think, in creating a package install for the mod, it might be integrated into the rest of the game. I'm excited to see!

I don't know that we'd include it in the AE, but we do want all mods to at least be compatible with the AE (i.e., packages).  I'd be glad to upload the script to the Depot in the package format you created if you want to post it here.

#39 08/12/10 14:08

gzl5000

Iritscen wrote:

I don't know that we'd include it in the AE, but we do want all mods to at least be compatible with the AE (i.e., packages).  I'd be glad to upload the script to the Depot in the package format you created if you want to post it here.

Played through the TCTF level with the mod package. This mod is brutal, I love it! I don't think the packaging changed anything about the mod, all that got left out was a .bat file which I think is only used for rebuilding the level in a previous version of AE tools. It is playable while going through the story, you just have to quit after the opening cutscene of that level and load from savepoint 1 in order to use it.

I'd be happy to give you the package folder to upload, but I'm having trouble attaching it to my post since it is a folder rather than a file.

#40 08/12/10 15:08

TheCreature

Try compresseing it to a .zip file, Gzl.  you should be able to upload that.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#41 08/12/10 16:08

gzl5000

TheCreature wrote:

Try compresseing it to a .zip file, Gzl.  you should be able to upload that.

Ah, thanks. I should've thought of that. Here's the folder.

EDIT: File re-uploaded with corrected "BSL" line in cfg file.

Last edited by gzl5000 (08/12/10 21:08)

#42 08/12/10 17:08

Iritscen

Thanks gzl, I'll try it out and post it on the Depot within a couple days.

#43 08/12/10 21:08

gzl5000

Iritscen wrote:

Thanks gzl, I'll try it out and post it on the Depot within a couple days.

Made a mistake that might affect the mod and it's compatibility with others, had the BSL setting wrong in "Mod_info.cfg." Now set to "addon," you might want to re-download or just change that one line yourself. File corrected in my previous post as well.

#44 08/12/10 22:08

Gumby

Actually, there is a chance that if it is set to Yes, it might not work at all. big_smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#45 08/12/10 23:08

gzl5000

Gumby wrote:

Actually, there is a chance that if it is set to Yes, it might not work at all. big_smile

I figured "Addon" was the best option since it was the most inclusive. I think I remember a lot of the AE included mods like dashing trails and Konoko's new character model not working while I played through TCTF.

#46 08/13/10 11:08

Gumby

Addon only affects the BSL files. It adds the BSL files to the existing files, without deleting old ones, unless there is a file name conflict.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer