EdT
Website

Where can I get this game :)

Take a look at the movie on this page:
http://www.feralinteractive.com/?section=buy&game=oni

#2 07/21/08 09:07

Skrylar

Re: Where can I get this game :)

I've always found it a bit ironic that in the marketing material Konoko has a giant bandoleer, a pistol, and an assault machine gun. In the game you never see any of that ammo though, and you can only carry one gun tongue

Skrylar is eating the cheetos.

#3 07/21/08 10:07

Iritscen

and you can only carry one gun

I always found that funny, too, Skrylar.

And thanks for the link, Ed, we need to post that whenever we get the "where can i get teh 0ni" posts on the board, at least for the Mac users.

P.S.: I was interested in this game so I ran Feral's System Check to make sure my Mac is up to the challenge:
OniSystemCheck.png

Yes!  I can run Oni!  (gets game)  Wait, why does it still run so slow? ...

P.P.S.: I have 10.5, but you can't pick it from the menu.

P.P.P.S: They forgot to account for the fact that a game that ran in 8.6 probably will *not* run in 10.5, certainly not on an Intel machine (if not for Omni's efforts).

Last edited by Iritscen (07/22/17 13:07)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 07/21/08 11:07

Skrylar

It's still amazing to see that the game runs on stats like that and it even looks better than some 8MB VRAM games I saw a looong time ago. It's actually a bit amusing, the first time I ever played Oni was from a demo disc that came with one of my mothers' old graphics cards. It was one of the only 3D games that would run on my comp at the time big_smile

Also I don't know that you'd want to post Feral for the mac users. They still want 30$ for it (I'm a little jaded about paying full rate for abandonware).

#5 07/21/08 14:07

Iritscen

Yeah, but it's Take Two that abandoned it (and Bungie, sorta, but the West studio was closed so I don't know that they had a choice).  Feral have demonstrated themselves in the past to be cool guys.

#6 07/21/08 16:07

EdT
Website

Also, did you note this quote:

Seventeen massive levels of futurist cityscapes

Hey they owe me a few more levels!!!!:D

#7 07/21/08 16:07

Iritscen

Wow, that page is the land that time forgot.

#8 07/21/08 21:07

ItemfinderDeluxe

Is that Muro in a business suit on the main page? He would have looked much better in the Level 2 and Levels 4-5 in that getup then his "I'm so 'evil' outfit.

Oh, and "Action game with hundreds of unique opponents." - we're still working on that bit over here.

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#9 07/21/08 22:07

Skrylar

ItemfinderDeluxe wrote:

Oh, and "Action game with hundreds of unique opponents." - we're still working on that bit over here.

No see... Every striker, fury, tanker, and black ops ninja sock puppet is individually unique. You just can't see it because of the gas mask.

#10 07/22/08 09:07

Iritscen

Heh.  Their heights are randomized, so that's unique... right?

#11 07/22/08 13:07

quarkmac
Website

Good lord what Oni could have been.

We Don't Give The Crescent Moon Kick Nearly As Much Credit As It Deserves!

#12 07/22/08 13:07

Iritscen

And still can be, my friend.  And still can be.  That's largely why we're still here.

#13 02/04/09 10:02

edddeduck

*My name is Edwin Smith and I work for Feral Interactive*

Yeah we still have a few copies floating around the office and we do still sell the odd copy on the web-store but the stock we have left is it we have no plans right now to remanufacture the disks.

However I do have (very early) plans for an Intel patch although this is a labour of love (and not an officially scheduled project) so it is being done in our spare time and as such I don't want to give any dates apart from 2009 smile or maybe 2010 tongue

Edwin

Last edited by edddeduck (02/04/09 10:02)

#14 02/04/09 10:02

s10k
Website

Can't see the video. Can someone upload it to youtube?

#15 02/04/09 10:02

edddeduck

Script_10k - Just click on the image with the play button and the movie will play just checked it now.

Or you can have a look on this page http://www.feralinteractive.com/?game=o … n=trailers

Edwin

Feral Interactive

Last edited by edddeduck (02/04/09 10:02)

#16 02/04/09 22:02

Gumby

edddeduck wrote:

*My name is Edwin Smith and I work for Feral Interactive*

Yeah we still have a few copies floating around the office and we do still sell the odd copy on the web-store but the stock we have left is it we have no plans right now to remanufacture the disks.

However I do have (very early) plans for an Intel patch although this is a labour of love (and not an officially scheduled project) so it is being done in our spare time and as such I don't want to give any dates apart from 2009 smile or maybe 2010 tongue

Edwin

You could also offer a direct download option. smile

ItemfinderDeluxe wrote:

I do believe there are more than a hundred different character classes, if you account in multiple types of the same class. In a little bit I suppose I'll check. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#17 02/04/09 23:02

Seventeen Seconds

Edwin, I wrote you a few years back regarding source code and such.  I just wanted to say I appreciate your efforts, and I'm sure that goes for the whole Oni community, especially given the lack of positive response we've had from Take 2 in the past.  Honestly, I wish your company had the IP rights.

There are still a lot of Oni fans out there.  Much respect to yourself and the crew at Feral.

#18 02/05/09 03:02

edddeduck

Gumby wrote:

You could also offer a direct download option. smile

Sadly I think this would require a new contract as online download did not exist at all when Oni was made. Online download was something pirates did back then so I would expect the contract is physical media. sad

However if we do get online downloads working then I will see if we can revisit it again.

Seventeen Seconds wrote:

Edwin, I wrote you a few years back regarding source code and such.  I just wanted to say I appreciate your efforts, and I'm sure that goes for the whole Oni community, especially given the lack of positive response we've had from Take 2 in the past.  Honestly, I wish your company had the IP rights.

There are still a lot of Oni fans out there.  Much respect to yourself and the crew at Feral.

I remember and you are indirectly the one who (re)started me on the quest to get OS X source code, so in your way you have helped as much as me. smile Thanks for all the kind words I just want to try and dedicate enough time to Oni this year so I can live up to the praise and get the patch out finally.

On that matter I would happily look at providing a private beta (which will have bugs like options menu causing a crash...) for you guys to play and log bugs into a bug tracking system so I at least know what bugs exist and I need to fix (I will also take on board suggestions etc). I will however have to get approval (so I don't annoy anyone in legal etc) but is that something Oni people would be interested in doing?

I do want to cover this with the news that this is being done mostly by me (who is very very rusty at coding) and on top of that I need to do my day job of producing/managing all the game development at Feral so this is not something I can spend hours on every week. sad

However I am keen to do my best just don't beat me down when I don't move at the speed of sound, or even a tortoise for that matter. smile

Edwin

p.s. I think it might be best if I make a new thread if people are interested as this one is getting derailed smile

EDIT : Fixing my shocking grammar

Last edited by edddeduck (02/05/09 03:02)

#19 02/05/09 07:02

Iritscen

Sure, a new thread would be good (and welcome to the board, Edwin).  Only a minority of us are Mac users, but we would love to have the game running natively on our Intel Macs.  Especially since it's looking like OS X 10.6 will make Rosetta optional and it's only downhill from there on, as far as PPC support goes.

#20 02/05/09 07:02

edddeduck

Iritscen wrote:

Sure, a new thread would be good (and welcome to the board, Edwin).  Only a minority of us are Mac users, but we would love to have the game running natively on our Intel Macs.  Especially since it's looking like OS X 10.6 will make Rosetta optional and it's only downhill from there on, as far as PPC support goes.

Well my current build is Intel only at the moment. smile Will look at at making a new thread.

Edwin

#21 02/06/09 09:02

s10k
Website

edddeduck wrote:

Script_10k - Just click on the image with the play button and the movie will play just checked it now.

Or you can have a look on this page http://www.feralinteractive.com/?game=o … n=trailers

Edwin

Feral Interactive

Thanks. I could't view it because I am at Windows and it don't have by default quicktime plugin at browsers.

Board footer