Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/20/08 10:07

Pepper

OniTools.net, OniSplit, and other windows oni sndd converters

I've tried quite a few of these, I'm trying to get the sound effects for a friend who makes flash animations. but whenever I try to play the files that converted and extracted fine to wav/aif they are empty.  I've imported them into editing software and the waveform is just a straight line (no sound) and I've looked at the hex files, all they have is the wav/aif header then blank.  also when I extract sndd files by themselves it's always 96 bytes, I don't think they should be so similar.  I'm going to reinstall oni and try again, but am I missing some sort of windows component?  is my laptop's sound card not supported (sigmatel audio card, horrible for the work I do, but my desktop is not in working condition) I'm using xp,  but I should also say that oni never plays sounds on my system due to unsupported sound card.  Could this be related?

#2 07/20/08 14:07

Skrylar

Re: OniTools.net, OniSplit, and other windows oni sndd converters

I'll try to take a look later and see if it happens on my desktop. The tool you're using to export sound from the game could be trying to do some kind of hook where it plays the sound and records it back instead of doing an actual conversion, so if Oni can't get it to work then the hook tool may have the same error.

Are you using the 7AE tools to extract the sound?

Edit: I fail, the topic says you're using them.

Last edited by Skrylar (07/20/08 14:07)

Skrylar is eating the cheetos.

#3 07/20/08 15:07

Pepper

I don't know what 7AE is but I've tried three or four tools, with none of them doing there intended job.  I even tried watto game extractor which had the same problem.

I'm think there's something wrong with my system possibly.

#4 07/20/08 15:07

Skrylar

7AE is the "anniversary edition" floating around here. It's a collection of binary hacks and third party tools for modding the game despite the game not having any official modding abilities.

Skrylar is eating the cheetos.

#5 07/20/08 21:07

Iritscen

The Edition is the starting point for everything, Pepper.  And 3rd party tools definitely won't work at all, but I believe OniSplit should work great after you install the Edition.  (See the wiki for a download link, the wiki is linked to at the top of the forum page.)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 07/20/08 22:07

EdT
Website

OniSplit can extract the SNDD files, here's an example

#7 07/21/08 06:07

m2

OniTools.net (needs the MS .NET Framework) and IRF_Oni should work fine. Don't use Hasegawa3.

#8 07/21/08 09:07

Pepper

I've reinstalled Oni and I am installing the edition now.

IRF works great.  I didn't know about it before.

Last edited by Pepper (07/21/08 10:07)

Board footer