A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/31/08 10:12

EdT
Website

#27 12/31/08 14:12

A8D

Re: Characters

It seems that you cannot download demos_kratos's GUI anymore, and Gumby's does not work for me, nothing happens when I click "Recombine Level".

Please, could you explain how to do it in command line ? It doesn't scare me, it's just that I don't know which command to use. smile Thanks

Where there's a will for Oni II, there's a way !

#28 12/31/08 17:12

EdT
Website

A8D: Sorry, those programs didn't work for you.  I'm the wrong person to ask, since I'm on a Mac.  I don't know the details on using OniSplit with Windows.

Did you look at this page: http://wiki.oni2.net/Onisplit

Basically, wherever onisplit.exe is located, you might say that it is the main folder or directory.  All the other folders such as GameDataFolder\level0_Final need to be entered in the command line as relative to onisplit.

So if onisplit.exe is in your Oni folder then the command to recombine level1 should be:

OniSplit.exe  import:nosep  \GameDataFolder\level1_Final  level1_Final.dat

Once you figure out how to issue commands, then it will be easy from that point forward.

#29 12/31/08 19:12

Lithium

Wow if only you kids would use their brains like this at school (so i can copy!) Boy i wish i had the pc version.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#30 01/01/09 03:01

A8D

oxe161 wrote:

Wow if only you kids would use their brains like this at school (so i can copy!) Boy i wish i had the pc version.

Hey oxe smile That's what I did at school (use my brain, not copy =P) ! But like Striker I sometimes fear that my brain isn't fast and strong enough to get all this ^_^.

EdT, I think it must be that command you wrote. I put OniSplit.exe in the right place and tried it... I got the following message in the console : "Reading files from D:\GameDataFolder\level1_Final", and nothing else happened.

Last edited by A8D (01/01/09 03:01)

#31 01/01/09 05:01

Gumby

Patience. It can take a while to recombine.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#32 01/01/09 09:01

EdT
Website

A8D: Here's a page that should help you (I just remembered about this page)
http://wiki.oni2.net/User:Paradox-01/for_WIP_pages

Sorry, since I'm on a Mac, I probably got the syntax wrong.  One little mistake and it won't work.

#33 01/01/09 10:01

paradox-01

"D:\GameDataFolder\level1_Final"  would mean that you don't have a Oni folder, so no Oni exe, very strange.

ps: the "window address bar" section has two screenshots now. I hope that makes things more clearly.

#34 01/01/09 12:01

A8D

Thanks to you paradox-01, I understood why it hadn't worked and I eventually succeeded in recombining the level with OniSplit (do you have any idea why your GUI doesn't work for me, Gumby ?).

But my Mukades are not spawning...

In the BINACJBOCharacter.oni file of the first level, I pasted the 548 bytes containing "D...super_ninja_1" and "E_SuperNinja" from the level 12 file. I also made sure to change the file size information, and change the 4 bytes before what I had added to "20 02 00 00" and the last 4 bytes of the file to "00 00 00 00".

In my script, I wrote : ai2_spawn D_SuperNinja and ai2_spawn E_SuperNinja, and they don't appear.

#35 01/01/09 13:01

paradox-01

I eventually succeeded in recombining the level

You could look at the file's date. In your GameDataFolder, change the view option to detail. That isn't a ultimate proof but still a help. Suspected errors can be found by using the local CMD - then onisplit doesn't automatic close then and can show errors.

The era of hex editing is almost over and in this case you can already extract BINACJBOCharacter into xml, that's safer.

Also, be careful about using names - even a small letter in BINACJBOCharacter ("D...super_ninja_1") and then a capital in your script ("D_SuperNinja") can produce an error.
A second problem can be the location. Where do you think he will be spawned? Every level is different. So the copied location might not be suitable, he could be spawned beneath the level and fall to death. Try to teleport him to a known location.

ai2_spawn E_SuperNinja
chr_teleport E_SuperNinja "valid_level_flag"

#36 01/01/09 13:01

Iritscen

paradox-01 wrote:

"D:\GameDataFolder\level1_Final"  would mean that you don't have a Oni folder, so no Oni exe, very strange.

Unless Oni.exe was at root level, and D:\ was your Oni folder.  Also, Oni would still find the GDF at D:\ even if it was run from several levels down.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#37 01/05/09 16:01

MysTryUssX

is it even possible to just spawn characters as many as you want in the game? just at random?? wich mod?  bnnot konoko v.s world rright? cause that one is only for 1 leven and you can't  play the story line with that mod ..

#38 01/05/09 17:01

Iritscen

Well, there aren't any scripts that spawn characters at random, because BSL doesn't really allow random behavior, but it's not hard to write a script to spawn enemies at a certain location.  Not sure exactly what you're looking for.

#39 01/05/09 21:01

Gumby

He wants to know if there is a limit to the number of spawnable characters. The answer is sorta. :> You can have up to 30ish characters on screen without crashing. tongue

If you like lots of characters, try this - http://mods.oni2.net/index.php?q=node/41

#40 01/07/09 14:01

MysTryUssX

ah yes tnx!
and to make no cunfusion, what i mend was that with one button hit you can spawn a npc before you whenever you want smile

#41 01/07/09 15:01

Iritscen

Actually, it's not one button, but you can quickly spawn a chump who follows you around by using the BSL command ai2_chump on in the Console.

#42 01/07/09 22:01

Gumby

MysTryUssX wrote:

ah yes tnx!
and to make no cunfusion, what i mend was that with one button hit you can spawn a npc before you whenever you want smile

No, not yet anyways. roll

Board footer