Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/14/07 08:01

geyser
Website

Happy New Year Again

Julian style.
We Russians have at least one more occasion to celebrate: the "Old New Year".
Thanks to calendar messers-uppers of days of yore, and to the orthodox church.

There are a lot of more or less funny facts related to this. Here are two of them.
The Great October Revolution of 1917 took place "in November".
St Teresa d'Avila (the one from Bernini's ecstasy and Joan Osborne's song) died in the night between October 4 and October 15.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#2 01/14/07 08:01

d0nt-mak3-m3-hurt-y0u

Re: Happy New Year Again

Errrm, I'm not really sure what to say to that. Do I wish you Happy New Year? neutral

"Hey! I'm just here to replace the equipment. See? I'm a nice guy, no need for violence!" - Engineer Dick

#3 01/14/07 08:01

geyser
Website

Do I wish you Happy New Year?

Yes you can, because I'm Russian (we celebrated yesterday, with a Russian folk concert, in Paris).
You can also comment on the trivia up there or on the Julian calendar in general... Be my guest smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 01/14/07 08:01

guido

Happy new Julian year in a Gregorian country. smile

#5 01/14/07 09:01

geyser
Website

This is a Virtual PM smile

Thanks, Guido. BTW, my new sig could be "careless not indifferent" but not many people would be able to understand WTF I'm referring to... smile
Dug up the mail about "maNera" yesterday, can you believe that? I guess that starts explaining (if not excusing) weird and impolite replies smile

We are the slaves of our emotions...

Last edited by geyser (01/14/07 09:01)

#6 01/14/07 12:01

d0nt-mak3-m3-hurt-y0u

oh I see!

Happy New Year then! smile

"Hey! I'm just here to replace the equipment. See? I'm a nice guy, no need for violence!" - Engineer Dick

#7 01/14/07 13:01

guido

Reply to Geyser's "virtual PM"

Don't blame your emotions. They are sane feelings, and they spice up and give depth to our confrontations ;P
Moreover there are people who are slaves of something they don't even know.

I will try and keep myself contributing to the onigalore and here... (blame!, other references, added value, mp3s and so on). It will take me a while to come back, so don't mind if I will be slow and unresponsive these weeks.

On a last note, what about starting a new A Storyline for Oni2 thread? Tracker would enjoy it for sure...

#8 01/14/07 13:01

geyser
Website

I will try and keep myself contributing to the onigalore and here...

Can I suggest to populate it with contextual doodling?

blame!, other references, added value, mp3s and so on

Getting an FTP on oni2.net will certainly help wink

On a last note, what about starting a new A Storyline for Oni2 thread?

That's not what's up right now. And I'm not in the right mood, either.

Don't blame your emotions. They are sane feelings, and they spice up and give depth to our confrontations

Oh yeah, right, let's call it "depth"... smile

#9 01/14/07 13:01

guido

Can I suggest to populate it with contextual doodling?

Acknowledged smile Any suggestion to start with?

Getting an FTP on oni2.net will certainly help wink

I wrote Alloc two mails during my vacations on December. In turn I received only a message reporting how Alloc's server had rejected them and trimmed them out.

#10 01/14/07 14:01

geyser
Website

Alloc should contact you now ("some people never complain", eh?).

Any suggestion to start with?

You've already started wink  Whatever will be next (Main Page? Genesis? Cheats? Troubleshooting? Easter eggs? Character name origins? "Added value" entries?)... surprise me smile

Last edited by geyser (01/14/07 14:01)

#11 01/14/07 20:01

Tosh
Website

Well happy new year, then, Geyser. tongue
Is this the same as Chinese New Year or is that later? :S I have no idea.
I wish I would've gone to a chinese restaurant on new years to get a new wallscroll callendar though...

#12 01/15/07 09:01

geyser
Website

Chinese New Year (February 28 in 2007, varies a lot from year to year)
Old (Orthodox) New Year (January 14 since 1900 and until 2100, then January 15...)

#13 06/15/09 10:06

Stevinlewis

sorry to revive this post from the last page and last section of "anything but oni" but why is guido.. guest? is he another 1 of the wiki owner that has long left O.o or is he the person who runs this place? btw who runs this community who has complete control over it and stopped the hacker from coming in?

Last edited by Stevinlewis (06/15/09 10:06)

#14 06/15/09 11:06

Iritscen

I don't know why Guido shows up as a guest above.  It seems that these older posts of his somehow became disconnected from his account (database error?).  It's not due to his having a special status on the forum, in any case.

If you're asking who runs the forum, that would be Harry -- he actually runs the entire subdomain oni.bungie.org.  And any part of the community that isn't on bungie.org is on oni2.net, which is run by Alloc.  So they are the two administrators who keep things going behind the scenes.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#15 06/15/09 21:06

Stevinlewis

wow! keep up the good work harry and alloc!! smile

Board footer