kyletm57

Re: My name is Motoko

Looks fantastic, I'm very eager to give her a try! big_smile

banner2440.jpg

#202 06/15/13 10:06

EdT
Website

Samer: All your ideas are great!  Please make the changes as you see fit, since you are the expert in character models.

Grey_sky: a Tachikoma!  It would be hard though not impossible to get it into Oni, I'll add it to my to-do list.  Thanks for the link.

Last edited by EdT (06/15/13 10:06)

#203 06/15/13 12:06

s10k
Website

Looks great, plays great. I only strange the open hands instead of the closed ones (which other characters share).

Edit:
I believe that Konoko japanese voice would fit her better than the japanese furies ones (plus give her taunts).

Last edited by s10k (06/15/13 12:06)

#204 06/15/13 14:06

Lithium

Would be nice to insert one of those in a hangar or something

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#205 06/15/13 14:06

Samer
Website

EdT i think you forgot to rename the taunt sounds and super move sounds to be different from konoko's .. because konoko's taunts and super move sounds become japanese as well when motoko is installed.
and it seems one of motoko's light hurt sounds is still English.

Last edited by Samer (06/15/13 14:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#206 06/15/13 14:06

EdT
Website

Samer: Are you sure you didn't install the Japanese pack?  My Konoko uses the English supermoves and Motoko the Japanese.

I did rename the sounds:
            <LightSound>konoko_hurt_light</LightSound>
            <MediumSound>motoko_hurt_medium</MediumSound>
            <HeavySound>motoko_hurt_heavy</HeavySound>
            <DeathSound>motoko_death</DeathSound>

<TauntSound>c17_99_05motoko</TauntSound>
               <SuperPunchSound>c18_79_03motoko</SuperPunchSound>
               <SuperKickSound>c18_79_02motoko</SuperKickSound>

I used Konoko's light sound because the fury's light sound was nothing.  The sounds for Fury's taunt and supermoves were also empty.

#207 06/15/13 14:06

Iritscen

Yes, I don't know what happened when they localized for Japan, but they missed the Furies' sounds, apparently.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#208 06/15/13 16:06

Samer
Website

@Edt yes I'm sure ... I can't download the japanese pack because it's huge.
in your package the SNDD files still have konoko names  example SNDDc17_99_31konoko.aif.oni  (found in 25000Motoko\oni\win_only\level0_Final)

#209 06/15/13 16:06

EdT
Website

Samer:  Opps, sorry missed those.  Depot updated, thanks.

#210 06/16/13 18:06

Lithium

Motoko OP

#211 06/18/13 05:06

Samer
Website

Hi EdT ... I have some questions ... do you have the model you posted here :
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 628#p46628
*I feel the pelvis looked better there, if it had issues I can try and fix them. if you do please send me the dae because upon conversion from oni to dae I'm getting a lot of those pesky blue edges.
currently this is how it looks .. though in game the mid\pelvis alignment is getting messed up again, still trying to figure out a way to make it stay aligned. I think switching to fury idle pose instead of konoko might help as well, also since most of her moves are fury's the transition will be smoother (running punch, kkk, ppk)
SNAG-0000-18-6-2013.jpg
* for the light hurt sound .. so there's no japanese konoko light hurt sound ? it feels a little weird when she sounds japanese when being hit and then suddenly sounds like english konoko ... if there isn't I can split the medium hurt sound to make light and medium ones.
*Did you change the daodan glow on purpose ? it was yellow before, now it's like Konoko's ( both look fine on her, just want to make sure it was intentional)
*Are any other models used in the dae ? lara or HD konoko
*When you aligned the centers did you use Konoko's TRBS (Folded pose) or ONCC (Konoko in game idle pose) or the noanim pose (upright pose)?
* Is it okay if I make other changes to the TRAC ? I feel some moves would better suit her than the current ones, example currently she has striker's\elite slide (she can't hit any fallen target with it btw), the fury's or ninjas or even tanker's will fit her better ... the left and right jump kick don't match ..
*the current running throw punch (elite's disarm) I think it would be better as a static punch throw, and restore the previous running elite punch throw (that was my favorite move of hers where she carries them and spins them around ^_^ !), then the current static punch throw (ninja scissors) changed to static kick throw (imo it feels like a kick throw since she uses her legs).
*is her current forward kick muro's or is it a custom made one ?
*I think I may make her a second outfit representing her other season look and give that varient normal jump height to those who prefer it .. sounds good ?

Last edited by Samer (06/18/13 05:06)

#212 06/18/13 08:06

EdT
Website

Samer: Here are the files you requested: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1869/Motoko3.zip  for reference here are the original files: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1869/Motoko.zip

1) I included Konoko's hurt sounds in the Motoko3 file.
2) Not on purpose, I was having some weird crashes when I first tried to combine the depot and my TRAC and TRAMS, so I just used my version.  You can still find your version of Motoko at the depot here: http://mods.oni2.net/system/files/25000Motoko.zip
3) I think I used the shoulder from HD Konoko, don't remember
4) I have no precise way of aligning the center points, it was done by sight, comparing with how it looked on HD Konoko.  I use the folded pose, so I can see how the part is supposed to look at 0 0 0 rotation.
5) Feel free to make any changes to the TRAC and TRAMS you want.  I was experimenting with left/right jump kick moves at one time. One thing is that I would like Motoko to have her own supermoves, so if you can create some better supermoves for her please do so.
6) I think it is Muro's forward kick, what does the TRAC say?
7) Cool.

As I said before, you are the expert with character models, so I leave Motoko in your hands. smile

#213 06/18/13 13:06

Lithium

Samer wrote:

*I think I may make her a second outfit representing her other season look and give that varient normal jump height to those who prefer it .. sounds good ?

omg please do ; w;

#214 06/18/13 13:06

Iritscen

Personally, I prefer both of these outfits to the current one:

Motoko_Outfits.JPG

#215 06/18/13 14:06

Samer
Website

mm what's she wearing in the suit one ? pants or a skirt ? the suit one looks easy to make .. I can add a third outfit ^_^
but I'll take some liberties with them :$ they won't be exact duplicates ... example like i did with hayate's outfits or casey's lose screen outfit.

Last edited by Samer (06/18/13 15:06)

#216 06/18/13 15:06

Lithium

5gdr.png

#217 06/18/13 15:06

Iritscen

That's a skirt.  Not sure if it's official, but this is a really good drawing of her dress uniform: http://mesugorira.tumblr.com/post/23930 … ns-uniform

Edit: D'oh, Lithium beat me to it, with a better image.

#218 06/18/13 15:06

Lithium

cool

If there's anything else you need I'd be willing to find some more images. :>

Last edited by Lithium (06/18/13 15:06)

#219 06/18/13 16:06

Grey_sky

I reckon she would look pretty good with a dark/ivory black uniform (Very sexy & mature!) ....
Here
(Like ada wong in damnation - she is one of the most BADASS female character when it comes to game! **just out of curiosity, anyone attempted to import her into ONI? because her 3d models are everywhere all over deviantart. I would LOVE to see her in ONI!  tongue)

#220 06/18/13 16:06

Samer
Website

Wow ok .. That's gonna be difficult ... Unless i go with a short skirt like Sarai's or an open one like hanako's blue\white outfit ... I'll see what i can do .. I can make the pelvis have that long skirt and go over the thighs, but when she runs the thighs will stick at the back through it ..

Last edited by Samer (06/18/13 17:06)

#221 06/18/13 16:06

Lithium

You could go for a short skirt and then have the parts under that.

#222 06/18/13 20:06

Iritscen

When you think about it, the skirt would be hard in real life too!  Motoko wouldn't be able to do a lot of action moves without tearing the thing apart.  After all, I'm pretty sure it's a dress uniform not intended for use in the field (can't remember if she does anything action-y while wearing it in the show, though).  So in that sense it may not be a good choice for a game model.  What outfit were you previously referring to by "her other season look"?  Was it the gray one in my pic?

#223 06/18/13 21:06

Lithium

Yeah that's the suit she wore in 2nd GIG, so that's the outfit he meant. Also I recall she did do something action related in that brown uniform in the episode, "Meme".

Last edited by Lithium (06/18/13 21:06)

#224 06/18/13 23:06

EdT
Website

Here are some other shots of the gray outfit:

motokokusanagi1.jpg

motokokusanagi2.jpg

#225 06/21/13 02:06

Samer
Website

Edt in the package did you give motoko japanese sounds for the super moves and taunts too ?
On windows no sounds play for her super moves nor taunts.
i've also tried to covnert the SNDD files in motoko package and in the motoko3 zip you later posted but when i convert to either wave or aiff all I get is static.
Can you isolate and upload all japanese konoko related sndds (all hurt, death, super, taunts, startle, etc ...) for both mac and windows in separate folder (one for mac one for windows) please ?
I'm presuming the OSBDs are same for both english and japanese, if they're not could you also include them ?
I've been trying to download the japanese sounds zip gumby posted before to ge them but the download keeps breaking for me.

Another question, did you give her a lower lod ? I've changed the model and thus need to make a new one, how low did you get on her lower lod if you made one.
I may send you the new TRBS to make a lower lod of it, because i still have same problem with blue edges causing gaps upon polycount reduction.

Last edited by Samer (06/21/13 02:06)

Board footer