Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/14/08 10:05

Fluffy

Argh, another Konoko face

I feel a little weird about this, since coool made a nice one, but fancied trying my hand at it. Criticism (for example, "I saw your other thread. Why do all the faces you draw look totally gormless?") would be nice, but ignore the the rest of the head - horrible pixellation, in particular - for the time being. Unfortunately, she's lost her glare. Oops.

Last edited by Fluffy (05/14/08 10:05)

#2 05/14/08 10:05

Iritscen

Re: Argh, another Konoko face

Nice job with the eyes!  Artist-types like you are exactly what we need for this particular kind of modding.  Tell me... how are you at drawing Griffin?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 05/14/08 14:05

EdT
Website

Fluffy:  That looks very nice.  Did you increase the size to 256x256? That will give you more room to work with. 

One technique I use to get rid of the pixellation is to duplicate the layer, do a gaussian blur on the bottom layer, then selectively erase portions of the top layer.  You would keep the detailed areas in the top layer, eyes, lips, but erase the skin area.

So looks like you're going to be our graphics artist for AE! :-)

#4 05/15/08 08:05

Iritscen

Yeah, I'd love to set her loose on texturing my HD faces as they come out... if she feels like it, of course.  A pre-requisite is knowing how to draw the major characters that I'm modding. She's proven she can do the girls; I wonder how comfortable she is with the guys (Muro, Griffin).  (If you want more details or a draft of one of my HD faces to play with, Fluffy, drop me a PM.)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 05/15/08 10:05

coool

That Konoko is very solemn~
I like the eyes too smile

Board footer