Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/31/08 16:03

Striker

Scripting: Positon and characters

Hello, I have a problem with scripting in Oni. When I script, and want to spawn, ummm... Griffin, for example, He appears where I don't want him. I would like to know the flags in each mission. And other thing: The characters:how can you spawn a character to a mission where that character didn't appear? Geyser? Your_mom? SCRIPT 10000? HEEELP!!!

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#2 03/31/08 23:03

coool

Re: Scripting: Positon and characters

Do you use an edition?

by using edition,you can add a charater to a level easily,you can see here(I learned that from here):
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … id=355&p=1

use chr_teleport can teleport a charater to a flag, I have found a "BothLists" and a "FlagMap"

by the way,I don't know how to use the FlagMap...the ReadMe has too much words that I feel faint...

#3 03/31/08 23:03

EdT
Website

#4 04/01/08 13:04

s10k
Website

Striker wrote:

Hello, I have a problem with scripting in Oni. When I script, and want to spawn, ummm... Griffin, for example, He appears where I don't want him. I would like to know the flags in each mission. And other thing: The characters:how can you spawn a character to a mission where that character didn't appear? Geyser? Your_mom? SCRIPT 10000? HEEELP!!!

You can use the flags. (use the flag map: http://zdlo.oni2.net/Scripts/DeveloperMode/FlagMap/)

Or if you want to spawn a char in other position that is not avaiable in the flags, you can use chr_location (works ONLY in pc e mac beta) with the coordenates x,y,z specificed.

Example:
chr_location [character ID] [coordenates]
chr_location 5 -67.367 0.000 209.981

Please note that the chr id can be only numbers. To find the id, you need to know when the char is spawned. If it is the first to be spawned the char will have the id 1 (0 is for konoko), if it is the fifty it will be 5. So, don't forget to check that.

You can see on eof my scripts using this here:
http://s10.invisionfree.com/OniPF/index … &id=642805

Sorry for the bad explanation, but my english isn't the best thing in the world, believe me..

P.S. If you want to know the coordenates of a place use chr_debug_characters= 1.

#5 04/01/08 13:04

Iritscen

I hadn't realized all this work had gone into documenting flag positions.  Awesome.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 04/02/08 20:04

Striker

Thanks guys, I don't know what I would do without you! BTW, where is geyser?

Click here to see the Oni Roleplay map. Click here to roll the dice. Click here to see the proper troop terminologies.

#7 04/03/08 08:04

Iritscen

He's on sabbatical.  He's signing off the forum/wiki for now so he has more time for his real life demands (apparently being a full-time physicist isn't the cake walk I thought it was, hmph).  His only Oni-related goal right now is to grind out the Edition on time, hopefully.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer