Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/14/07 08:01

d0nt-mak3-m3-hurt-y0u

Favourite unnamed character to play as

As I'm sure we all know, when using the "shapeshifter" cheat you can change characters. I'm interested to know what everyone's favourite un-named character to play as is and why. Basically that's anyone except Konoko, Griffin, Shinatama (why would you play as her anyway?), Dr Kerr, Muro, beefy Muro, Barabas or Mukade.

My personal favourite is the TCTF Black Ops SWAT Trooper simply because of their large array of throwing techniques. Using the straight body throw move is very fun on "Phoenix Rising", just lob those TCTF Agents to their death!

Last edited by d0nt-mak3-m3-hurt-y0u (01/14/07 08:01)

"Hey! I'm just here to replace the equipment. See? I'm a nice guy, no need for violence!" - Engineer Dick

#2 01/14/07 08:01

geyser
Website

Re: Favourite unnamed character to play as

My favorite unnamed character is Karen, err, I mean, the red-haired female cop. ^^

just lob those TCTF Agents to their death!

Or into the deadly glass panes (advertising for binary hacks) ^^

Last edited by geyser (01/14/07 08:01)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 01/14/07 08:01

d0nt-mak3-m3-hurt-y0u

Deadly glass panes eh? I've never messed around with Oni - don't know how. The furthest it goes for me is slapping a load of cheats on.

"Hey! I'm just here to replace the equipment. See? I'm a nice guy, no need for violence!" - Engineer Dick

#4 01/14/07 10:01

Tracker

My son plays several characters with shape shifter, but I am not.
He prefers Furies.

Two days ago, I used shape shifter to play the complete first level (warehouse) with Shinatama.
This works, because she is able to use weapons.
Perhaps I'll try to play other levels with her, just to check whether it's possible.

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#5 01/14/07 12:01

d0nt-mak3-m3-hurt-y0u

Yeah, Furies are pretty good actually but god knows how they manage to fight in high-heels.....

#6 01/14/07 15:01

Lugas

My favourite characters to play with are Furies and Ninjas. They both have cool moves. The fury also has stomp move which makes enemies cling onto their knees!

#7 01/14/07 17:01

quarkmac
Website

You know, Shinatama actually CAN fight.

Although, I think that the only move she can do is the Twister Kick.

Shin.gif

Last edited by quarkmac (01/14/07 17:01)

We Don't Give The Crescent Moon Kick Nearly As Much Credit As It Deserves!

#8 01/14/07 19:01

Last_Hero

I love Furies, their moves are just so stylish, especially that throw thing with the after-image.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die

#9 01/15/07 09:01

geyser
Website

Shinatama inherits Konoko's getup kicks, Twister Kicks, Willow Kick and disarms.
The Crescent Moon Kick too, but since she lacks the first two kicks she can't use it.
Unless the Twister Kicks and Willow Kick are unlocked, you're left with nothing but getup kicks and disarms.
Shinatama can't jump-flip and she can't jump as high as Konoko due to her small size and other parameters.
All of that can be very easily "fixed" in binary, except for how she hovers above the ground.

Of course the "unnamed" Ninjas have about as much style as the "named" Mukade.
Furies have often be said to have the coolest throws by a mile.
SWATs are cool because they retain the Striker Slam and Charge: the Lion Fist and Lion Axe Kick are extra.
Personally, I don't play with shapeshifter a lot. Actually, I don't play Oni a lot, either. At least that's not what I'd call "playing" smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#10 01/15/07 09:01

Loser

Well, my favourite character to play ONI with is still not polished and undone Casey *Geyser, tell me his surename* character. I have blended  moves of other characters to create his own style. Originally he was meant to have really his own style, but even I have limits of how crazy I can be. So all I can do is to borrow animations of others, pack them into one TRAC (collection of animations) and slightly correct their height (so Casey stands on the ground while he executes them, no burying or hovering) + twist some bones in a way I want. I think Casey's style is deadly but playable (you can defend aganist his attacks).
And from other chars I prefer classic striker. Brown one, quite small with holster under his arm. Man, he is so cool...

Last edited by Loser (01/15/07 09:01)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#11 01/15/07 13:01

Phydur

thanks to some help, i like to play as a 'fighting' shinatama. (unfortunately, i forgot the details on how i did it.)
if she's in the level, that is.
otherwise i gennerally play as konoko.
sometimes i play as a fury though. but only occasonally.
*and then he realizes that it was suposed to be 'unnamed' characters...*

It's a little off topic,
but it's annoying how, if you jump as Giant Shinatama (dream lab) you tend to fall through the floor and to your doom. (unless you have dev mode) is there anyway to fix that? not that it really matters, but it's kinda fun to be a gaiant fighting against the tiny strikers: it makes me laugh. tongue

Last edited by Phydur (01/15/07 13:01)

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#12 01/15/07 15:01

geyser
Website

Hey, so far it looks like the most popular unnamed character is "shinatama" smile  (she has the same fighting abilities as female scientists).
Then the second most popular unnamed character is "konoko" (BTW, she has the same fighting abilities as female civilians, so those are OK).

@Phydur : Giant Shinatama is not meant to run around at all. Since clipping is possibly the hardest thing to debug, you'll just have to tough it out...
If you have DevMode, you can: 1) disable clipping; 2) teleport back; 3) adjust Shinatama's size so she's less Giant and doesn't fall through.

@Loser: I wonder what your Casey ended up looking like. Anything like THIS? Or THIS?

#13 01/15/07 15:01

d0nt-mak3-m3-hurt-y0u

Whoa....

How do you people create your own chars or even get developer mode to work?! I'm very behind when it comes to this kinda thing.....

#14 01/15/07 19:01

Tosh
Website

Not creating our own chars. It's shapeshifter mode. I forget the cheat at the moment.
For developer mode you need a new exe.  See here: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Developer_Mode

EDIT: Er, you probably mean the different clothes. There's a script command for that on PC... umm.. >_> I don't remember.
Geyser was explaining it in the old forum in a recent thread. :S

Last edited by Tosh (01/15/07 20:01)

#15 01/16/07 05:01

geyser
Website

Not creating our own chars.

Wrong. Seen THIS? My Casey has new textures (imported with OUP), reindexed body set (OUP again) and adapted body size (yawn... OUP).
As for the fighting abilities, Loser's way ahead of me (I suppose, well, hope he's largely using OUP as well). I just gave him the Ninja anims (Muro's look fine, too; Fury anims, even).
If you want to use Developer Mode, either search the old forum for "dev mode" or "developer mode", or go HERE.
Actually, we've patched a few things after unlocking Dev Mode (unlocked mouse wheel and third mouse button, added widescreen support, extended the script language).
I'll be making a thread dedicated to this whole "Oni SE" business. Just to make sure everyone gets the best out of Oni smile  Soon(TM).

The cheat code for shapeshifting is shapeshifter (duh). BTW, it's good to know that Shift+F8 lets you cycle through the characters backwards. Dev Mode also lets you shapeshift.
A neat script command on PC is chr_set_class. It lets you set the ONi Character Class (ONCC) of any character after it's been spawned. Details HERE.

EDIT: So far no one mentioned Tankers or "ninja bots". Do you like fighting Tanker-style? (here ya go)
Or Ninja-bot style? (OK, Bungie made them into Comguys, but they used to be way cool; and they're easily "fixed").

Last edited by geyser (01/16/07 06:01)

#16 01/16/07 19:01

Tosh
Website

Yeah, I noticed "shapeshifter" after I reread the first post. neutral
Since when was the scripting language extended!?! big_smile I've got some ideas for new script commands that I can't remember at the moment.
chr_set_class is what I was thinking of though..

Speaking of I haven't answered the topic question yet, huh? smile Well, I actually haven't used shapeshifter in ages. I should try it sometime. >_>

Also, I hadn't seen that picture but yeah, as far as character customization can go at the moment, we've got the ability to retexture and attach new attacks, right?

#17 01/17/07 04:01

Evil Konoko

My favorite except Konoko would be the female Strikers.They have really good moves as that leg thingy...

Signature died on 5.5. 2006.

#18 01/20/07 01:01

Mango

I like ninjas best (as unnamed), although if I could, I'd use Mukade.

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#19 01/23/07 13:01

Dadya_Vasya

Ninjas for sure. Red Ninjas (just 'cause they look cooler). Elite Strikers come second. I never got tired of picking someone up by the throat and uppercutting him off of a ledge into oblivion. But I also have to say, that playing as the Black Ops SWAT/SWAT Trooper is usually fun.

#20 01/25/07 09:01

JadeWolf

Speaking of shapeshifting, how does one do the special moves of other classes, like Striker Slam of Static Fist?

And though it's probably no, cna you do Barabas' earthquake and Mukade's invisibility?

#21 04/07/07 05:04

ZDLO

@ geyser, Loser: new character with new animations, hmm, will be fun smile
I thinked about it, but only thinked, because I know nothing yet.
Also I wanted to improve AI battle abilitys and create mega-bot, that will kick me all the time when I play ONI smile . For Loser it's possible as I know? Or you are already got it? BTW it's offtop...

Back to topic:
First off all I HATE SHINATAMA, sory me for it wink
As for me I love all characters in ONI expect Shinatama and Mutant Muro.
But I prefer play for Konoko. Another characters are: TCTF SWAT, Tanker (why I don't heard anything about him from you?), Ninja, Elite and Fury.
SWAT: I love him for his knock-down's blows. I think it's best character in battles one on one. Why? He always knock-down opponent and he have many movies that deal great damage on the lying enemy (unlike Konoko). Also he have "longest" moves Kick+left/right for my mind, and I love him for that. (I hope I don't have to explanation for which situations this moves are needed?). BTW SWAT is sucks in the crowd, even vs two guys... Try to play SWAT vs Muro and Fury for example.
Tanker is strongest character in ONI for my mind. He can fight vs one guy or vs crowd, it's unimportant for him. His "trows" (I mean k+f and p+f) just awesome. Nobody can stop him when hi do it. Also I like his left/right..kick - it's very useful in a big crowd.
Ninja: I love him for the highest jump and for awesome quick and different from the other chars moves. His slides are great. But he is sucks in the big crowd too, like SWAT, because ONLY ninja don't have blockable ability on his own "get upping blows" - it's the main reason. So in the crowd he need to get up without it...
Elite: great damages, nice moves, especially all throws. He can fight in a crowd with his Heavy_punch/kick and awesome throws. I don't like him only for kick+left/backward/right moves, looks like he have a wooden legs tongue.
Fury: for Konoko moves smile for "stun ability" and for throws, really different from ather chars.

Unfortunately I become offline at last time.
My english still bad. I'm sorry for it...

#22 05/29/07 18:05

Mukade

Aside from the ninjas or Mukade (super ninja) i love to play as the small striker on Dr. Hasegawas lab big_smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#23 06/27/07 08:06

azewrath

Yeah, the small striker is really hard to be hit. But for me, i personally like tankers, since they got 3 unblockable attacks. tongue As for swat.., i like them 2, but somehow, i always find that their punches SUX SUX SUCK triple time:(, although their other moves make them deadly. big_smile
Furies : well, they're really fast n all, but i think that their attacks r not that strong though, i realize. I mean, the elite can dispatch an enemy faster than a fury(if u use a elite), but the AI fury can slaughter muro n an elite at one go. I know since i watched them fight at the end of the game tongue
As for elites, i'm okay with them, they're one of my personal favourite smile

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

#24 06/27/07 13:06

geyser
Website

i love to play as the small striker on Dr. Hasegawas lab

Of course, if it's size that matters, you can use minime and play as a mini-whoever in any other level.

#25 06/28/07 07:06

azewrath

yeah, size does matter. once, i used minime on a ninja, and all the time i was doing his combo over and over again on a elite who's lying down Guess what? he NEVER got up... lol

RESERVOIRDOGS - Trust no one... for real

Board footer