Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 02/21/08 12:02

geyser
Website

Re: New content, anyone?

I always thought of Red as a nerdy kinda guy who manages the computers back at HQ, not as a fighter.

He looks like he was injured in combat in the first .MISSION FAILED screen (and he's wearing some gear, too).
Loser's idea was to make him a super-mole (although his flashy hair is, well, not all that easily overlooked).
I still think he'll do fine as a tutor and partner, with an important role in the plot once Konoko goes rogue.

This thread shall remain for brainstorming, not development...
Posting some standalone threads for the specific projects, soon.
Meanwhile, have a look at these. A few neat body parts there...
http://features.cgsociety.org/story_cus … ory_id=580

I don't mean we can't or shouldn't create original content.
But if there's some good free stuff out there to pick from...
This thread is also meant as a big dump for such things.

For example, seen Gally/Alita's head in that Q3 model?
http://forum.flashvacuum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2902
Even if we don't bring in Gally as such, the head is nice.

Last edited by geyser (02/21/08 12:02)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#27 02/21/08 13:02

Iritscen

Oh, okay, I could see him as an agent or backup for Konoko in a "I'll-keep-the-van-running-and-be-careful-in-there" kind of way.  I suppose he could even be a super-special agent.  Having red hair is not necessarily a problem; sometimes agents blend in by not blending in.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#28 02/21/08 16:02

Seventeen Seconds

Casey (Red) is a possibility.  We can expand on the WCG armies and whatever rogue nations are holding out.  We can create extra TCTF and Syndicate troop classes.  There are original characters from the story terminals.  We have the people scratching out their living where the cities meet the wilderness preserves.

Regarding the TCTF Assaulter class -- no, they're not the ninjas, which I don't even like to think of as loyal Syndicate troops but mercenaries.  The ninjas occupy their unique position in Oni, which no character, including Konoko, should infringe on.  Bad analogy on my part.  And Iritscen, you're right about the 'tank' thing -- what I'd like see making them different would be tactics and teamwork AI rather than pure combat power.  Which is a little out of reach at present.

I'd give McConville credit that he knew what he was doing.  The helmet is probably to dodge copyright laws (if unnecessary).  I still like the spirit of the TCTF dudes in the background however -- maybe it's just the black ops tactical guys in Oni don't feel menacing enough.  Could be some new content for me to work on right there...

#29 02/21/08 17:02

geyser
Website

"tactics and teamwork AI rather than pure combat power.  Which is a little out of reach at present." Hmm? Out of reach? Why?
Loser's take on the combat profiles has revealed a bunch of nicicles such as smart console running and so-called alarm groups.
Not to mention that lots of things can be scripted: team communication, running away or surrendering when low on health, etc.

I even have some sounds that would fit extremely well for a communicating military unit (borrowed from Beyond Good & Evil).
UbiSoft released the complete OST of BG&E to the public, so I guess recycling a few Alpha Section sounds would be "fair use".
smile

"the ninjas, which I don't even like to think of as loyal Syndicate troops but mercenaries" Well, the snipers are mercenaries.
As for the ninjas, they interact a little too closely with the Strikers on the Rooftops IMO, and under whose direct command?
While we do agree that the Ninja are not loyal to Muro, they don't really look like the kind of troops Muro can buy, either.
That, and strong evidence of Mukade being a Daodan, makes it more likely (to me) that Mukade and Muro are peers.

"The ninjas occupy their unique position in Oni, which no character, including Konoko, should infringe on."
What about Ninja Comguys? Would it shock you if I told you some of them have advanced ninja skills? smile

"I still like the spirit of the TCTF dudes in the background however [...] Could be some new content for me to work on right there..."
So who will the retextured Spartans be, again? WCG troops? BGI troops? TCTF-über-SWAT? How much agility and/or firepower?

"There are original characters from the story terminals." Like Bertram Navarre or the Directorate?
As for Navarre, he might be connected to Barabas. As for the others, hmm... How about these?
http://onimia.ru/forum/attachment.php?item=72 (only the black characters are "serious" here)

As for my initial take on Casey (for those who don't remember it), here it is again, in context:
http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php? … #post_5545
"textures can be made to match the TCTF color scheme perfectly (the colors up there are clearly too flashy)"

Last edited by geyser (02/21/08 17:02)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer