Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 02/07/08 17:02

geyser
Website

Re: Seventh Anniversary Edition, Version Absolute Zero changing character

What kind of file would you like to host? Some files you can attach via this forum (although attachments have been glitchy lately).
If you are planning to upload more than a couple files, you can talk to Alloc (oni2.net) about setting up your own oni2.net account.

"Ok it work only when i replace characters. but why i can't add them to level?" Of course you can. Whom were you replacing, again?
Ed's tutorial told you how to replace NinjaZip with OutroNinja, but NinjaZip was only there because Ed had appended him earlier... smile
Check out the thread Ed linked to in his first post up there (and that post itself) if you want to add characters to a level on your own.

"OutroNinja works wery well if you change class to simple ninja" That's strange. Teleporting has nothing to do with the class AFAIK.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#27 02/07/08 20:02

EdT
Website

Melodyman: As stated earlier, if you add characters to a level you need to change these numbers in the BINACJBOCharacter.oni file.

CHARlevel1.jpg

38 7C is the size of the part in the raw/sep file in bytes (31800)
30 7C is the size of the complete collection from this postion in bytes (31792)

However, for my modified level 19 file, the numbers in hex are:
8CDC and 84DC

To convert to decimal switch the pair of numbers 8CDC becomes DC8C, then use a hex to decimal converter http://www.easycalculation.com/hex-converter.php you get the number 56460.  The same for the other number.

For the first location (8CDC) you have 56460 and the second location (84DC) 56452.

For each character you add, you need to increase the number by 548. So let's say you add 2 more characters, that's 548x2 or 1096.
Do the math: 56460+1096 = 57556 and 56452+1096 = 57548.

To convert these numbers to hex: http://www.easycalculation.com/decimal-converter.php
57556 becomes E0D4, 57548 becomes E0CC

To use them in Oni, again switch the pair of numbers E0D4 to D4E0 and E0CC to CCE0

Finally, replace 8CDC with D4E0 and 84DC with CCE0

Save the changes, recompile the level and you should have the new characters available.

Note: This is how I do it.  If there is an easier way, please post it.
Also, for Mac users, I use this application: http://www.toast442.org/hextoaster/

Hopefully, there's no typo in my instructions smile

Last edited by EdT (02/07/08 20:02)

#28 02/11/08 08:02

Melodyman

Thanx you were wery helpful, but for now i replace characters and it's ok!

#29 02/11/08 09:02

EdT
Website

OK, but once you learn how to add characters, then you will be able to add characters to any level you want! smile

Board footer