Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/30/08 12:01

Mukade's_Finest

Which would you rather see: An Oni Anime OVA or a 3D Movie?

I simply can't decide which would be cooler. You need to think about how best the Kung Fu would be executed.

#2 01/30/08 13:01

geyser
Website

Re: Which would you rather see: An Oni Anime OVA or a 3D Movie?

How about a live action movie with lots of special effects?

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 01/30/08 13:01

Iritscen

Anime would work well because otherwise you couldn't pull of the special moves without seeming silly (wonders how DBZ movie is going to turn out).  Also, look at the montage of still frames at the end of the opening FMV where Konoko is kicking butt.  That part works really well.

But it would have to be animated truer to Lorraine's art.  Imagine the art in my avatar actually getting animated.  That's what I'd kill to see.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 01/30/08 13:01

geyser
Website

Seeing how Oni isn't really anime to start with, I wouldn't mind if it was CG animation rather than traditional animation.
I'm looking forward to Cameron's Battle Angel because it's supposed to have some truly over-the-top melee action...
Apart from that, I don't have the impression that acrobatics come across as stupid in all of today's live action movies.
I mean, it's not like there's any reason why Oni couldn't be a good martial arts movie. It has a hong-kong feel to it smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 01/30/08 13:01

Iritscen

I mean, the part when she shouts "Rising Fury!" or a Fury uses "Ten Shadow Punch!" would be corny in LA.  If they chose to be more realistic, then certainly LA could be cool.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 01/30/08 14:01

geyser
Website

As far as I'm concerned, the "shouted combos" are meant as immersive gameplay elements.
You wouldn't have nearly as much shouting in manga/comics or anime/movie adaptations...
LA or CG movies would certainyl tone them down. I wonder how Cameron will handle them.

#7 01/31/08 11:01

Mukade's_Finest

Kitschy anime-style over the top combat (yelling combos, etc.) is becoming increasingly popular in America, so I really don't think big producers would hesitate to tap into the market, no matter how "corny" it is. One thing is I wouldn't want a live action movie at all, becuase nothing in Oni is organic. I think I would prefer a CG movie in the vein of Advent children, but I would appreciate a highly stylistic anime similar to Ghost in the Shell (which Oni draws plenty of inspiration from) or Shigurui, if you know what that is. Either way, I'm sure the action would be legendary, which is really the most important thing. My director of choice: Ryuhei Kitamura, director of the Metal Gear Solid 2004 remake. My choice is based on the wicked cool cutscenes and the fact that he's a video game director. This is if Oni were a CG movie, of course.

#8 12/24/08 09:12

Ridrave

It could be live action movie....... How about Maggie Q she can fight, she got arts and skill all she have to do is dye her hair purple and !WalaHh! she become Konoko  big_smile

mycharactercreation1.gif

#9 12/24/08 19:12

Lithium

I think the move shouting isnt really cool. Look at Naruto (which sucks BTW), they always shout their moves and it gets annoying, BUt Dbz only shouts moves 25%of the time. Look at tenkaichi they barely shout. And even patient players like me get annoyed when strikers or tankers use their "shouting" moves alot.
P.S. Is konoko white or another race? Look at the box art

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#10 12/25/08 00:12

Gumby

oxe161 wrote:

I think the move shouting isnt really cool. Look at Naruto (which sucks BTW), they always shout their moves and it gets annoying, BUt Dbz only shouts moves 25%of the time. Look at tenkaichi they barely shout. And even patient players like me get annoyed when strikers or tankers use their "shouting" moves alot.
P.S. Is konoko white or another race? Look at the box art

Japanese, I think.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#11 12/25/08 16:12

Lithium

sorrry forgot about that

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#12 06/13/09 17:06

Wabisuke
Website

Anime ofc.Animes are way better than movies.

alice_nine.jpg

#13 06/14/09 00:06

Stevinlewis

it reminds me. Ive been thinking of making amovie about Oni lately using her stroy line in the actual game. We could record it using the fraps. And i thought sum1 here had the full fraps thingy? we could do a story line to um.... wads that word.... "expand" the cumminity

Board footer