Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/28/08 09:01

Freedom

Oni Tricks

I have found these tricks in game. There is a fix maybe but funny.

1  No Cold-Down-Time

When you are using a long-time-cold-down weapon,just like Hg Gun(most powerful sniper, only 2 shots in a

magazine),you can shot without cold-down-time by press the 'E' button(drop this weapon) after shooting one

bullet and then press the 'E' button again to get this weapon armed.Then you will find that you can shoot once

again without cold-down-time.:P:P

2  Powerful Combo

Now we define 'W' as forward and 'S' as backward and 'A' as move left and 'D' as move right.

When in training mode, Shenatama told you that Punch + Punch + Kick is the most powerful combos in

combat.

When you have learned Neo-Moon Kick,I suggest we use Punch + Kick + Kick + 'W' Kick(Neo-Moon Kick) as

our normal combo.I compared these two combo and found that later had more power and could give more

damage to the enemy.

PS:The first may NOT be a bug I think.Dont you think it very interesting?

#2 01/28/08 12:01

Gumby

Re: Oni Tricks

I already knew about number, I think. I used it as the basis for my machine gun/death ray script...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lH14uKWYCqA

Also: Next time post this in general discussion

Last edited by Gumby (01/28/08 12:01)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 01/28/08 15:01

Ultimatum479

......"Neo-Moon Kick"? "Hg Gun"? If those are Freedom's translation errors from "Crescent Moon Kick" and "Mercury Bow", then that's fine, but if that's an issue from back-translating a bad Oni translation, we could have a problem. (-.-) In what language is the version of Oni you're using, Freedom?

Yeah, the lowered cool-down time glitch is pretty well-known, and pwns all in ranged battles when you've got a SuperBall Gun (or the Wave Motion Cannon, or even a Screaming Cell Cannon against unaware opponents). If you're crouching while you drop and pick up the weapon, your rate of fire is ridiculous.

Comboing a Crescent Moon Kick from a single punch isn't a bad sequence of moves, but the Crescent Kick's recovery time and knockdown angle don't lend the move well to Backbreaker pwnage. When you want to knock someone down so that you can get 'em with a Backbreaker consistently, it's best to knock them facedown instead. If you can land a close-range punch, you're better off comboing it into a forward+kick throw than the Crescent Kick combo, since you can then just turn around and crouch+punch 'em, Backbreak them as they get up, crouch+punch, Backbreak, crouch+punch...etc...etc....

Work in progress...

#4 01/29/08 04:01

Freedom

Sorry about that, Gumby.I wont do it again.

To Ultimatum479: I used the Simplify Chinese Version, and in this version "Crescent Moon Kick" is called as

"新月飞踢" in chinese character, and "Mercury Bow" is translated as "水银枪" as well. I am sorry about my poor

translation about Oni.I only want to make my word clear but....  What I can say is sorry.

en..... How to handle the Backbreakers is a problem. You are right. What I now use is just a method facing

few enemies,and they are all at the front of you. Now when I facing with round enemies, I usually run to a

corner or back to the wall.It is a very fool movment, doesnt it? HaHa....

#5 01/29/08 05:01

Ultimatum479

Don't worry about the translation. I was just worried that we might have translation errors in alternate versions of Oni; misquoting on Oni's Wikipedia page alerted me to the problem in the past, but I'd forgotten that potential issue until now.

As for non-throw combos, remember that they're completely context-dependent. Some move sequences are combos against certain enemies, while others will usually break out of them. (For example, the Triple Hit Haymaker is a safe combo against most enemies, especially if you Super the last hit, but not even a standard combo against Furies.) The environment also sometimes determines how the AI will react to your attacks, though, more often than not, the AI ignores the environment when defending against your attacks, which causes it to corner itself or fall off a cliff.

Work in progress...

Board footer