Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 02/04/08 11:02

s10k
Website

Re: StrikerMod

Tried it today very nice strikers! I will try do a medium better color.

#27 02/04/08 11:02

s10k
Website

What about orange for medium?

f_Semttulonbmm_dd9b31e.jpg

#28 02/04/08 12:02

geyser
Website

I don't think either green or orange are better than the originals, sorry...
I still think there'll be black as an extra (in single-player) and nothing else.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#29 02/04/08 13:02

s10k
Website

Green one is cool. Black too. I tried change the colors  for white, but I couldn't maybe someone can do it?

#30 02/04/08 15:02

s10k
Website

Purple Furys:
f_purplefuriem_2539ef5.jpg

f_purplefuriem_0dea10e.jpg

#31 02/05/08 09:02

Iritscen

I like the purple Furies!  I am just not clear on how these alternate-colored characters would be used.  It's hard enough for me to keep track of the ones in the game already without adding more classes!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#32 02/13/08 21:02

geyser
Website

"I like the purple Furies!  I am just not clear on how these alternate-colored characters would be used."
That's why I said I'd only add a couple of black ones here and there, as either bosses or subbosses...

@ Rexxar:
The new Gimp has a reorganized menu bar, and color-related "Filters" moved to "Colors".
So the tool I had in mind now appears as Colors/Map/Rotate_Colors... Better check it out.
Another powerful tool for the same kind of needs is Colors/Components/Channel_Mixer...

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#33 02/15/08 15:02

TOCS

As for the GIMP, how do i edit the alpha channel? i have just installed it some days ago, and i dont know anything about it. So if you could tell me how.

#34 02/15/08 20:02

geyser
Website

The funny thing is that I'm learning stuff about GIMP as I do this alpha tutorial for you smile
So thanks a lot: it turns out that it's even easier and more convenient than I thought...

Let's say you're just opened TCTF Konoko's "chestpack" (single layer with alpha: either PNG of TGA).
Open the Layers dialog to better see what's about to happen to the image: Ctrl+L or Dialogs/Layers.
In the Layers dialog, you can see the one layer the image has, with that annoying transparent alpha.

Now we are going to create a "mask" containing the alpha channel, leaving the image as pure RGB.
Alt+L,M,Y or Layer/Mask/Add_Layer_Mask..., then select "Transfer layer's alpha channel". Click Add.

In the Layers dialog, you can see the image became alpha-less, and the mask appeared to its right.

You now have access to three settings (you can define your own shortcuts):
Alt+L,M,H or Layer/Mask/Show_Layer_Mask
Alt+L,M,E or Layer/Mask/Edit_Layer_Mask
Alt+L,M,D or Layer/Mask/Disable_Layer_Mask
Show and Disable affect what you see in the main view, Edit affects what you're modifying.

You will see either the RGB image, or the mask (grayscale) or a combination of the two (RGBA):
If Show is ON, you will always see the mask. If Show is OFF and Disable is ON, you'll see the RGB.
If Show is OFF and Disable is OFF, you'll see the RGB blended with the alpha mask (sorta preview).

If Edit is OFF, you'll paint in RGB on the image. If Edit is ON, you'll paint in grayscale on the mask.
Just goof around with those three settings; see how you can edit the colors and alpha separately.

When adjusting the reflectifity map, it may be a good idea to paint "through" the color texture...
(Show OFF, Edit ON, Disable either ON or OFF; you see the color texture, but you paint the mask)

When you're done, Alt+L,M,M or Layer/Mask/Apply_Layer_Mask... to make the picture RGBA again.

Last edited by geyser (02/15/08 20:02)

Board footer