Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/06/08 12:01

TOCS

Dunno map?

Found some interesting screenshots, it would have been cool if the green and black strikers had been in the full version of the game, too bad that it is impossible to get the unfinished version: http://www.starpulse.com/Video_Games/Oni/Pictures/

What do you think?

Last edited by TOCS (02/10/10 14:02)

#2 01/06/08 16:01

paradox-01

Re: Dunno map?

Well, actually I like black. -- If you want the other styles try colouring the textures. Export/import possible by OUP.
Btw, there was also a suit in mixed colours (camouflage). http://oni.bungie.org/archives/exclusiv … iflyer.jpg (in the left)
Not 100% sure but maybe these new styles won't overwrite others when you create them as so-called x3delta patches.
For example, geyser created a second "ninjabot" * in the most recent "Seventh Anniversary Edition".
* (It's a green android that fights like a ninja.)

Last edited by paradox-01 (08/09/08 07:08)

#3 01/06/08 17:01

geyser
Website

Green and black are very easy (you just swap color channels and recombine).
I actually planned to add black variants of every class in time for the Anniversary.
Camouflage requires more work, so I don't think I'll do those. You can, though.
The .x3d patches are just meant to require the user to have an original texture.
We could totally provide textures as standalone .oni files, but I chose not to smile
The duplication is handled by the installation scripts, not the .x3d files per se.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 01/07/08 11:01

TOCS

I would need further instruction to do so, I am not the best in OUP. But for now, I havent got time. I've just startet to learn the functions of the Oni engine, and the way to make my own scripts. So maybe when I have better time I will take a look on how to use OUP more advanced.

Last edited by TOCS (02/10/10 14:02)

Board footer