Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 01/15/08 14:01

EdT
Website

Re: Mac programming

I'm sure geyser can answer those questions. 

It could something as simple as a command:
mono OniSplit.exe -export: TXMPfail03_0.oni jpg

If so, then maybe this time with xCode, you can select the file you want and export it to a jpg using the OniSplit command.

#77 01/15/08 14:01

Iritscen

Yeah, but that method doesn't allow you to see the image beforehand.  I liked how OniTools had inline viewers for each supported format, including popping a little window up with the TXMP image you picked.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#78 01/15/08 15:01

geyser
Website

@ Iritscen:
I'm not sure what you expect from me with the READ/ECHO stuff. You can edit the scripts to suit your needs, can't you?
Once you've done so, let me have a look at them, and maybe I'll start providing the "mute" scripts you're asking for smile

As for OniSplit being a command-line tool: yes, it won't allow you to navigate Oni's data (that's what OniBrowser is for).
It also won't allow you to preview a texture graphically before exporting it. But you still can export them all somewhere.
If I were a Mac user with serious modding intentions, I'd rip all of Oni's textures and objects into popular formats first.
Then I'd edit these with external editors and reimport them more or less automatically, with a few more calls to OniSplit.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#79 01/15/08 16:01

Iritscen

I'm glad the all-caps got your attention this time, geyser smile  I realize that you don't have a Mac and therefore haven't been able to test the AEI or even see it working, but the point is that without modification the installer can't work because it can't convey the user's input when the script runs.  For our version, the xedition, the .sh files need to have their read/echo commands removed.

There's five "echo" commands and one "read" command in each script: big_zeal.sh, big_deal.sh, and new_deal.sh, right?  You're requiring input here, but all the input and info the user needs are provided in the AEI for us in a GUI, so there's no need for this confirmation on the command line.  So, can you simply remove the echo and read commands for future releases?

About OniBrowser... that's Windows-only, right?

"I'd rip all of Oni's textures and objects into popular formats first.
Then I'd edit these with external editors and reimport them more or less automatically, with a few more calls to OniSplit."

I guess... but it's still nice to see what you're extracting.

#80 01/16/08 12:01

EdT
Website

Iritscen: Just checking, did you get my emails, or did they wind up in your junk folder? smile
I sent them to maihasegawa7@yahoo.com

#81 01/16/08 13:01

Iritscen

They did in fact end up in the Spam folder, so it's good you said something.  Thanks!

#82 01/16/08 22:01

EdT
Website

Iritscen: I took your AEI script and modified it with xCode.
All the options are accessible in a single window.

See below for latest version:

Last edited by EdT (01/18/08 22:01)

#83 01/18/08 14:01

Iritscen

I haven't been getting back to you on anything lately, have I, EdT?  I have been getting busier IRL so things are slipping my mind.  I forgot to even look at your version of the installer above.  I will over the weekend.  Also, I meant to thank you for sending me the good&evil script.  I have been toying with it and learning BSL in the process.

#84 01/18/08 22:01

EdT
Website

Iritscen: You've been busy updating the wiki. The good vs evil script is very basic. It just spawns all the AI so they can fight each other.

Here is the latest Anniversary Edition Tools for the Mac.

Now it has the option to extract TXMP files from Oni.

Last edited by EdT (01/18/08 22:01)

#85 01/21/08 13:01

Iritscen

I tried it out; nice work EdT. Good interface. The windowed mode button is very handy for fooling around with BSL.

#86 01/21/08 18:01

EdT
Website

Thanks.  AE tools was something that I wanted instead of always using the terminal to issue the commands.

Windowed mode is great for testing scripts.  No need to quit Oni, edit script, open Oni, test, quit Oni, edit and so on... Just hit ESC to pause the game, edit the script, and then reload the level or savepoint you were scripting.

So when are we going to see some original cool scripts from you????? smile

#87 01/22/08 00:01

Ultimatum479

Might wanna add a part to the script in the AETools package which, after the "end repeat" line in the installation process, also tells the Terminal window to "cp ./GameDataFolderZero/intro.bik ./GameDataFolder; cp ./GameDataFolderZero/outro.bik ./GameDataFolder".

Work in progress...

#88 01/22/08 01:01

EdT
Website

U479: Thanks for the coding info, geyser said he forgot that part in his script and was going to add it later, so that's why we didn't include in our program.

So what type of programming do you know? The more Mac programmers we have, maybe we'll be able to fix some of the bugs in the Mac version of Oni ourselves... maybe...

#89 01/22/08 06:01

geyser
Website

"geyser said he forgot that part in his script and was going to add it later"
I'm still not sure about adding it later. Those movies suck big time, folks.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#90 01/22/08 12:01

Iritscen

geyser wrote:

Those movies suck big time, folks.

LOL He finally came out and said what he was thinking.

They're not that bad, geyser.  Granted, I still have yet to see that woman in the actual game... you know, the one with purple hair that doesn't look anything like Konoko....

EdT wrote:

Just hit ESC to pause the game, edit the script, and then reload the level or savepoint you were scripting.

I didn't know that!  That saves even more trouble.  I was still quitting between each script revision.  D'oh!  I was just glad that I could switch between Oni and my notes to try different console commands.

So when are we going to see some original cool scripts from you?????

Now (see attached).  Okay, I admit it, this isn't original at all; all I did was modify your Good vs. Evil script.  It's a bit more complicated, but mainly it just makes the bosses take turns and adds some music and stuff.  I am uploading a sample movie that came from this script to YouTube (edit: here it is).  I would very much like to write some original scripts sometime soon now that I am learning the basics.

Last edited by Iritscen (01/22/08 12:01)

#91 01/22/08 12:01

EdT
Website

Iritscen: I'll have to give your script a try later.

I was testing AE tools on a OSX 10.3.9 and instead of "/" I get ":" in the command.
cd /:Users:edt:Applications:Oni:edition; ./big_zeal.sh

What do you think is causing this?

#92 01/22/08 12:01

Iritscen

You can also watch the movie for a good example of how it is carefully engineered to work out.  The outcome isn't fixed, but in the end I probably gave the good guys more of an edge than in your version, so they would just barely win most of the time.  I did take out Shinatama, though, because all she did was stand there looking like she was afraid to throw a punch.  She was useful as a damage sponge and distraction for the enemy, but nothing else, and that annoyed me.  Now it's an even eight vs. eight, too.

(I think the single most impressive accomplishment in my script is being exactly 10,000 bytes long :-)  I just noticed that when I u/led it.)

I was testing AE tools on a OSX 10.3.9 and instead of "/" I get ":" in the command.

hmm Uh-oh.  This may not answer the question, but you will find it very informative.  http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2065.html

Notice that they recommend using "quoted form of path" in conjunction with POSIX path to interpret certain characters properly.  It may not even require my make_path_Unix_safe code at that point.

I did read the whole thing, and it doesn't deal with the issue of getting back colons instead of slashes.  Has anything changed in that part of the code since I posted my last version?  If not, I will try to test this, but I am note sure if I have an OS X 10.3.x machine around.

Last edited by Iritscen (01/22/08 12:01)

#93 01/22/08 13:01

EdT
Website

quoted form of path

That didn't make a difference, still got the ":" instead of "/", must be 10.3 issue.

She was useful as a damage sponge and distraction for the enemy

Its because you don't have the modified ONCC file for Shinatama which gives her Konoko's TRAM.
I don't have it on this computer, so later today I can post it for you.

#94 01/22/08 13:01

Iritscen

Hmm, I did install the .oni file that you included; I actually meant to ask you about that, because I thought that was supposed to give Shinny fighting skills and it wasn't working (or I installed it wrong).  Well, if that's what it was, I guess my script doesn't need it, since I removed her.

#95 01/22/08 13:01

EdT
Website

Did you install the latest version of Edition? It may have overwritten my file.

#96 01/22/08 13:01

Iritscen

I hadn't at the time.  Don't sweat it, I must have misapplied it somehow.  I can try it again at some point.

#97 01/22/08 13:01

EdT
Website

It should have been placed in the level0 folder and then that level recompiled.

But if you will download the latest version of Edition, the old version will not have the features Loser incorporated.  I still need to make a new ONCC file for Shinatama, that allows her to fight.

#98 01/22/08 14:01

Iritscen

You're saying that the ONCC you made before won't work with the newest Edition?

#99 01/22/08 14:01

EdT
Website

Well, in the latest version, Loser made extensive changes in the ONCC files of all the characters. So if you were to use my file, it will not reflect the changes Loser made:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 4478#p4478

#100 01/22/08 14:01

geyser
Website

"You're saying that the ONCC you made before won't work with the newest Edition?"
Hm, I too don't understand what Ed meant. Besides, you've gotten waaay off-topic.
My suggestion would be to create a duplicate ONCC for now (just copy & rename).
If you make the original Shinatama use Konoko's TRAC, you'll screw up cutscenes.
Anyway, better make a new thread about this "Good & Evil, Lust Primeval" thing...

"Well, in the latest version, Loser made extensive changes in the ONCC files of all the characters."
Ah, that... Indeed. Dunno why he hacked her ONCC-based skills while leaving her unable to fight.

Last edited by geyser (01/22/08 14:01)

Board footer