Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/01/08 17:01

NMS
Website

Skip cutscenes script!

A while ago I got sick of Oni's cutscenes and I couldn't find a way to skip them. So I decided to go through all the level scripts and comment out all the cutscenes. It ended up being more work than I thought, but it works pretty well now.

There are a few cutscenes (mostly elevator rides) I couldn't get rid of completely because they move you to where you need to be. Also, I took away control in a couple places to prevent you from running past enemies who are ignoring you or through doors that close during cutscenes. Other than that there's very little waiting.

I've only tested it on a Mac, but I think it should work the same way on PC. Just rename your IGMD folder and replace it with this one to install.

Comments and suggestions for improvements welcome.

Enjoy!

#2 01/01/08 18:01

EdT
Website

Re: Skip cutscenes script!

Here is another version, done by ssg. According to his page:
This zip file contains the original level scripts, but without the cutscenes and completely rewritten.
http://ssg.oni2.net/subfold/download/oninocut.zip

#3 01/01/08 23:01

NMS
Website

Re: Skip cutscenes script!

Interesting. If I had know this existed, I probably wouldn't have made my own. But now that I've played most of his, I like mine better. His changes a lot of things. With mine I tried to stay as close to the original as possible so it feels just like playing the game and skipping the cutscenes.

I like the way he teleports you to flags instead of using the elevator animations, though. I'll have to change that in mine.

Board footer