Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/28/07 10:12

TOCS

Random Trick

I dont know if this has been posted, sorry if it has but anyways here it is.

You can do the running kick and punch while standing still, here's how to do:

Hold down capslock and then press forward (W), now release Capslock very fast and press punch, or kick, this may take some time to pratice, but's funny though.

Last edited by TOCS (02/10/10 14:02)

#2 12/28/07 18:12

geyser
Website

Re: Random Trick

So you're basically run-kicking and run-punching right after the walk/run transition...

I like this other one better: you can do the running back kick/punch while standing still.
It works for males and it will always be a Striker move even if you're playing as Kerr.
It's quite comical for Kerr to leap 2 feet in the air, spin around and do a 2-fist smash.

Other not-so-physical things occur, e.g., when running left then quickly jumping right.

Last edited by geyser (12/28/07 19:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 12/28/07 19:12

Ultimatum479

Here's a weirder glitch, and one that's actually useful sometimes. I imagine it would be _quite_ useful in multiplayer to screw with people wink

Do a forward jump, preferably while running or dashing (it works without, but the effect isn't nearly as noticeable). Now hold back and press kick. You'll spin around and do a backward attack, as expected, right? That means you're flying backwards as you attack what's in front of you, due to your momentum.

Now, try the same thing, but this time immediately press punch (while still holding back) after you press back+kick. You'll cancel the punch animation into a kick -- specifically, a backward kick. Since you started with a forward jump, that means you have to be going backward when you do it. Except you already _were_ going backward...get the picture? Your momentum reverses in mid-air.

If you do this when dashing, you might even end up landing _behind_ where you started your jump if you're quick about it. This has saved me on more than one occasion when I started a dashing jump and realized I'd mistimed it and wouldn't make it.

Work in progress...

#4 12/28/07 19:12

Ultimatum479

geyser wrote:

Other not-so-physical things occur, e.g., when running left then quickly jumping right.

Jumping against your momentum is funny sometimes, yeah; the landing animation often gets a bit screwy, as if you'd fallen from a height that caused damage. It's cool kicking up dust from a standard jump. ^_^

Work in progress...

#5 12/29/07 19:12

Your_Mom
Website

Oh yes, you can also jump from a ledge, turn around, and land back on the same ledge...lol...

droid803sig.jpg

#6 12/31/07 07:12

TropiKo
Website

Its called a Strafe jump, read my topic

I'm the real Pacific brain, even if the picture is with a different jellyfish from a different ocean...
-Why bother?
-Beeecause:
-(chorus) WE DON'T NEED NO, EDUCATION! lololol

#7 12/31/07 09:12

geyser
Website

"Its called a Strafe jump, read my topic" big_smile
@ U479: See? That's fan-made canon for ya.

Last edited by geyser (12/31/07 09:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 12/31/07 11:12

Ultimatum479

.............*sigh* ^_^

Work in progress...

Board footer