Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/23/07 15:12

Loser

Brutal Konoko V2.1

Hi guys, HERE you can grab my latest and final version of Brutal Konoko project. This thread is to let me know about bugs of that AI.

You have to modify Konoko's slide a bit. Take OniUnPacker, level0, Find "KONOKOrun_slide" TRAM. Go to the wiki and search what is animation type (it is near the end of the TRAM). Now find it in KONOKOrun_slide. There is 9000 9000. It should be 0400 0400. Next search for the "varient" field (should be 0003) and set it to 0002. Do this and AI Konoko can now use slide attack.

Also, in order to use this AI and avoid crashes you have to allow "KONCOMcomb_k_k_k" TRAM from the first level (again, search wiki, find "first level" byte, then nullify it in that TRAM).

Of course if you allow all Konoko's attacks from the beginning, AI will use its full repertoir.

I hope to hear from you in order to polish this thingie.
                                                                                                             Loser

P.S.: Looks like pushing the limits is my new hobby ^_^. But this AI is really, really as far as I can do. I have found a rather nasty bug, but it is not MELE related, but AI related (bad switching from MELE to pathfinding and vice versa). As for MELE itself...man, now it can even defeat all ONI bosses, with average score 3 wins to 2 losses, where Mukade is the most equal opponent, due to his unblockables.

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 12/23/07 15:12

geyser
Website

Re: Brutal Konoko V2.1

Probably won't check it out until Christmas Eve. Will open it as a Christmas present smile

latest and final version of Brutal Konoko project. This thread is to let me know about bugs of that AI.

Contradiction in terms, hehe. Why would a "final" version need bug reports? wink

You have to modify Konoko's slide a bit.

I still hope we'll be able to enable the sprinting variant for AI on the engine-side. The function is there, but we haven't tested it yet.
Basically, this additional hack is consistent with the dash-hack. If we "need" the latter (i.e., if we can't do better), then we'll need to hack the slide.

Also, in order to use this AI and avoid crashes you have to allow "KONCOMcomb_k_k_k"

We've been through this before. Are you certain of the reason of the crash?

As for MELE itself...man, now it can even defeat all ONI bosses

Including Mutant Muro? neutral

But this AI is really, really as far as I can do.

Great. Now do a Rugby-oriented one smile

Last edited by geyser (12/23/07 16:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 12/23/07 19:12

Gumby

A youtube vid would be nice, for those of us without access to Oni >_>

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 12/23/07 23:12

EdT
Website

Here's some videos to keep you busy:
http://www.youtube.com/groups_videos?name=onitoo

#5 12/24/07 01:12

Loser

Contradiction in terms, hehe. Why would a "final" version need bug reports?

What about the whole game industry and infamous patches ???

I still hope we'll be able to enable the sprinting variant for AI on the engine-side

That will be great! Looking forward to it. BTW maybe, MAYBE I have seen AI dashing on its own (no dash-hack) when I was experimenting with ONCC. What if they just somehow "switch" between dash and run? Just a speculation.

Are you certain of the reason of the crash?

Quite yes. You were right, geyser. Engine checks whether ONCC has TRAC with reponsible TRAMS (to be precise, with responsible animation types and states). If MELE profile demands a move that is not present in a TRAC or is not enabled yet (Konoko's moves), engine marks this MELE technique as "BROKEN"(should do it, has it in TRAC but cannont execute it) or as "NOATTACKNOTHROW"(don't have it in TRAC or has  uncorrespondable anim state(TRAM) or position (MELE)).
But when such a technique is part of a combo, situation goes like this: If there is just one attack missing at the end of the combo, engine handles it. But if there is missing technique in the middle or there are more missing techniques at the end of the combo, situation becames unstable. Sometimes engine handles it as well, sometimes ONI crash.
Throws are something different because of the way they are called. If you mess a throw (you want back kick throw from a striker), you get a crash.

Including Mutant Muro?

No. I don't count him in, as he relies on "AI invisible attacks". But still, Brutal Konoko can cut 1/3 of his health. Not much, I know.
With MutanMuro there are big problems for AI:
His super shield prevents him from harm. How to tell AI that it should stay in distance because MM has invulnerability on ??? Maybe through PAR3 dodge radius, but it works weird (tested it). Otherwise, AI will tend to attack invulnerable MM, while MM will smash it to dust.
His particle attacks. Same as above. You can adjust tractor beams, so AI avoids them, but as they do no damage, they are not such a problem us thunderbolt attack. When MM thunderbolts, it is so fast there is useless trying to apply projectile dodge. One solution would be some sort of notice that MM is doing crouch_bk (thunderbolt anim), for example set "danger" zone for this TRAM as if it was an attack. If you set it correctly, I believe that AI would double evade then, which ( in combination with projectile dodge applied on bolts) should be finally enough for AI to avoid getting hurt by this attack.

Great. Now do a Rugby-oriented one

??? You mean one that uses tackles/slides ??? Brutal Konoko does.

Anyway, a few imortant things I didn't write yesterday(it was too late):
1. Brutal Konoko v2.1 uses also space of "BARABAS Rsrch D" MELE profile (profile number 0x17). So in level 3, you should change Barabus's MELE profile to 19 (his level 8 MELE profile). In future I will (maybe) extend MELE file, you will have to import it via OniSplit, but you will have all MELE profiles, including old ones.

2. Finally, after years, it is clear - strikers cheat. Ever wondered how comes they can grab you when you are so far? Compare (in brackets is how the value looks in ONI file):
    Throw range of STRCOMthrow_fw - 20 (0x00|00|a0|41) X Throw range of KONCOMthrow_fw_p - 12 (0x00|00|40|41)
    Throw range of STRCOMthrow_bk - 25 (0x00|00|c8|41) X Throw range of KONCOMthrow_bk - 10 (0x00|00|20|41)
Stinky striker guys...seriously, this should be modified, as the range is too large.

3.           MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL !!!!

Loser

Last edited by Loser (12/24/07 02:12)

#6 12/24/07 06:12

Ultimatum479

Uh....Wherever you found those throw ranges.....how about Tankers?!?!?!

Work in progress...

#7 12/24/07 12:12

geyser
Website

Stinky striker guys...seriously, this should be modified, as the range is too large.

Yeah. I know quite a few people who diss Oni because of those. Am I right, U479? (I don't mean you)

??? You mean one that uses tackles/slides ??? Brutal Konoko does.

Maybe, but Brutal Konoko will be unstable for male characters, won't it?
We need advanced profiles similar to hers, but adapted for other TRAC.
Also, I assume Brutal Konoko attacks backpedaling enemies properly?
If so, the other Rugby-compatible profiles should have that same skill.

Brutal Konoko v2.1 uses also space of "BARABAS Rsrch D" MELE profile (profile number 0x17).

In your archive, maybe. I will definitely add it as a new one when I'm about to test it.

3.           MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL !!!!

I'll try to make a release tonight. Your damaging knockdowns will be included for sure.
Brutal Konoko makes no sense unless I provide level-specific BINA making use of it.
As for new chars... I have a few that are almost ready, but they take time to polish.

Last edited by geyser (12/24/07 15:12)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#8 12/24/07 18:12

EdT
Website

I notice that changing Barabas melee to 19 in Level3 gives him the shakes from time to time.  Hopefully, geyser's version will not have that.

#9 12/26/07 22:12

EdT
Website

Loser, geyser: Can you check my logic and math?  I wanted to add the Brutal Konoko melee without replacing the space of "BARABAS Rsrch D" profile.
So I calculated BK melee size as 1F20 and the original Konoko melee as 10A4.

In the BINACJBOMelee Profile.oni it has two values:
8C75 for the dat and 8C75 for the raw. (Same idea as the CHAR info in the Adding Characters to levels thread)
melee.jpg

So I added the difference between BK and konoko to those values and got
0884 for the dat and 0084 for the raw.

I updated the profile, but now both Barabas melee profile #17 and #19 don't work. He just stands there and doesn't respond.
The other melee profiles doesn't seem to be affected and I am able to see the BK melee at work.

I also added Loser's modified Striker melee and that seems to work fine.

Here is my file, hopefully, you can see what I did wrong.
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/BINACJBOMe … rofile.oni

Thanks

Last edited by EdT (12/26/07 23:12)

#10 12/27/07 04:12

Loser

Try to add or distract 4 in the BK size header. I meesed it a bit when I was adding BK stuff to space of Barabbas's MELE. When you mess a header, all MELE profiles BELOW the wrong one are defunct.

#11 12/27/07 09:12

Iritscen

Loser wrote:

Try to add or distract 4 in the BK size header.

distract = subtract?

wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#12 12/27/07 11:12

geyser
Website

Ed, first of all, you shouldn't have added the modded striker MELE. It's distractive to debuggers.
I would recommend adding brutal Konoko at the end of the collection, not in the middle of it all.
It's quite foolproof, for one thing. Not calling you a fool, Ed, but I'm pretty sure you'd managed.
Why? Because you've already succeeded in appending a CHAR to an OBJC: same difference...

"8C75 for the dat and 8C75 for the raw" is an obvious typo, and Little Endian is confusing wink
But it looks like you did the math right, at least. At 0x68, 0x0002758C becomes 0x00028408.
And at 0xC4 the 0x00027584 indeed becomes 0x00028400. That much is correct, but... but.
But I really think inserting the melee profile in the middle is a very bad idea. Reconsider smile
I mean, surely it would take me less time to append BK than to find where you messed up.

#13 12/27/07 19:12

EdT
Website

OK, I'm at a standstill.  This time I started by importing Brutal Konoko using OUP, tested it, works fine except for Barabas at the Lab. Next added BARABAS Rsrch D to the end of the file, changed the raw dat values. Tested again, but still Barabas at the Lab, does not fight. Next I moved the profile after Konoko's profile (Its normal location).  Now it crashed Oni.

So I moved Barabas' Lab profile back to the end.  Next I replaced the Striker_easy profile with Loser's modified one.  The StrikerMelee works, so now I have 2 out of the 3 working.

Anyways, here is the updated melee profile with Brutal Konoko and StrikerMelee
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/BINACJBOMe … rofile.oni

I would recommend adding brutal Konoko at the end of the collection, not in the middle of it all.

That's where Loser put it! smile

"8C75 for the dat and 8C75 for the raw" is an obvious typo

Sorry, typo for sure. 8475 for the raw value.

Last edited by EdT (12/27/07 19:12)

#14 12/27/07 19:12

geyser
Website

"That's where Loser put it!" Certainly not. How can you say that? smile
BTW, you still haven't reported on the latest update of the Edition.
I mean the one with the generalized knockdowns and blownups.
I'll have a look at the OBJC, but please report on my stuff, too.

#15 12/27/07 20:12

EdT
Website

geyser: Sorry, Edition works great, I like the knockdown effects, no issues for me.  Except, you need to fix the double% in $DG/TXMPNINJA_EASY%%2Fpractise.oni, in step4.

Anyways, I started exploring other things to try and things I could add to the Edition.

Such as the glass breaking combo (From the wiki):
http://edt.oni2.net/OniSplit/BINA3RAPh2h_dust_p01.oni

One other thing I discovered with the Barabas melee, if I moved it elsewhere in the profile, then his melee will work on Level 3 but all the other melees afterwards would not work.  For example, I put it his profile front of the Tanker profiles, and then , the tankers would just stand there.  So I must be doing something wrong. 

Oh well, maybe something will come to me tomorrow.

Last edited by EdT (12/28/07 00:12)

#16 01/11/08 20:01

EdT
Website

Here is Loser's Brutal Konoko melee with modified Striker melee and best of all: Level 3 Barabas works!

Put it in the level0 folder created by Edition and recompile.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to include the modified TRAMKONOKOrun_slide.oni file that is needed.
Its now in the updated zip file called BKMelee2.zip

Last edited by EdT (01/11/08 21:01)

#17 01/12/08 00:01

Gumby

Ok...how do we install .oni files?

#18 01/12/08 00:01

EdT
Website

Gumby: You need the to install the 7th Anniversary Edition:
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=314

In addition, OniSplit (the core of the project) requires .NET on PC and Mono on the Mac.
.NET: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en
Mono: http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:OSX

Edition creates the .oni files which makes it easier to mod and update the gamedata files.

Last edited by EdT (01/12/08 00:01)

#19 01/12/08 13:01

Gumby

I do have the 7th anniversery. I just don't know if I can simply stick the .oni files in my Gamedata\level0 folder or if I have to run OniSplit or something...

Or if I have to rerun the installer D:

#20 01/12/08 14:01

geyser
Website

The .oni files in the level#_Final folders are used to generate the dat/raw/sep used by Oni. This is done by step9999.
So as soon as you have, e.g., replaced your BINACJBOMelee_Profile.oni with Ed's, just run step9999 and you're done.

#21 01/14/08 10:01

Iritscen

I have been enjoying the Recompile feature in the Anniversary Edition Installer as a simpler way to do this; even though the AEI is not done yet, that part works great.  Sorry, Macs only!

#22 01/14/08 19:01

geyser
Website

"Sorry, Macs only!" Heh, PC users just run step9999.bat tongue
(you can interrupt it right after it's finished with level0)
(and after all the other levels take no time at all, so...)

Last edited by geyser (01/14/08 19:01)

#23 01/15/08 09:01

Iritscen

Sorry, we Mac users must have GUIs for everything.  We have high standards like that tongue

#24 02/05/08 03:02

Melodyman

Can eneyone tell how get ai konoko in eny level! i saw that evilkonoko has nice moves! wary tough! and that's it? No other level?
Loser if you can modify konoko and striker ai maybe you can modify other ai too. for example TCTF_swat_blackops_1 ai so they can be so tough as konoko...

Board footer