Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/25/17 00:01

Padawan3

Daodan.mp4 - Oni Chapter 12

Hi all!

I'm Tj, nice to meet ya. I thought I'd share something that I've made recently;

As a game developer and a huge fan of Oni (The game holds a toooon of sentimental value for me), I felt compelled to do a tribute of sorts, and recreate one of the rooms in the game in Unity3D with my own style. Of course I naturally chose the scene with the....scanner thing??

Original

I don't think they say the name of the machine in the actual game so i just refer to it as 'Scanner' lmao.
Anyway's, here's a screenshot of my remix of that scene:

remix

And here's video of the scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwjJNFuD7RI

One day soon I would love to direct a spiritual successor to Oni, and this scene was sort of an art test for that.

tumblr_ok8vkxuPa21s4u4j8o2_1280.jpg

Lemme know what you think! and if you wanna follow my work, you can at terrifyingjellyfish.com ^ o ^

-@_Teejay5

#2 01/25/17 10:01

Iritscen

Re: Daodan.mp4 - Oni Chapter 12

Nice job!  I think everyone should watch your video (I have made the link clickable).  Yes, this is one of the more interesting spaces in Oni.  I think that device is indeed just called a scanner in the game material.

P.S. Just saw your YT video for "Super MIDI Fighter", that's great too :-)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/27/17 13:01

Padawan3

Iritscen wrote:

Nice job!  I think everyone should watch your video (I have made the link clickable).  Yes, this is one of the more interesting spaces in Oni.  I think that device is indeed just called a scanner in the game material.

P.S. Just saw your YT video for "Super MIDI Fighter", that's great too :-)

I'm glad you like it, thanks for making the link clicky!!

I'm also glad you like Super Midi Fighter Simulator hahaha I will most likely be making more animations like that in the future ?

#4 01/27/17 13:01

s10k
Website

Nice video. I remember when I got an oni cd demo and the picture of the demo was exactly konoko in the scanner.

#5 01/29/17 09:01

Zeriver

That's really cool, scanner model is perfectly reconstructed. What program did you use? 3ds max studio or Blender or something else?

I hope you will succeed with creating ONI successor, i would love to play that. BTW can i check out your games/ projects somewhere?

8fxk12W.jpg

#6 01/29/17 14:01

Scarlett

Nice!! You can use bump mapping or tesselation for the ground to give it a much better look but this is well done

#7 02/04/17 00:02

TheCreature

Very cool!

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#8 02/18/17 12:02

Padawan3

Zeriver wrote:

That's really cool, scanner model is perfectly reconstructed. What program did you use? 3ds max studio or Blender or something else?

I hope you will succeed with creating ONI successor, i would love to play that. BTW can i check out your games/ projects somewhere?

Thanks yo, I'm glad you and other folks on the forum like it!!! I used Blender and rendered the scene in Unity3D. big_smile You can check out more of more of my games at terrifyingjellyfish.com/games and my art at terrifyingjellyfish.com (i also post on twitter a lot haha)

#9 02/18/17 12:02

Padawan3

Scarlett wrote:

Nice!! You can use bump mapping or tesselation for the ground to give it a much better look but this is well done

Thanks!! I actually am using bump mapping a height mapping, I guess I just need to bump the multiplier up a bit lol ?

Board footer