Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/22/07 15:12

clown

Rooftops and jumping

Hi everyone :)
I'm playing Oni for the first time and so far it's a really cool game :)

At the moment I'm stuck at the rooftops level, exactly as stated here: http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php? … 168&page=0
I'm at the third jump to reach the top of the building, but I can't jump high enough.

I've tried to google around for a hint, but the best answer I could find is to jump+flip (the same suggested in the link before).
The problem is that I jump+flip, but to no avail. I can't really run before jumping because there is not much space to run on the block/platform.

I don't really know what else to do... Any other suggestion?

#2 12/22/07 16:12

geyser
Website

Re: Rooftops and jumping

Heh, no one seems to pay attention during training.
PRESS AND HOLD JUMP TO JUMP HIGHER. Enjoy smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 12/22/07 16:12

clown

Oh well.. I finally discovered why I couldn't jump right.
The problem was the key binding :P

I use the Shift to jump and the Keypad-0 to crouch, which are not read correctly by the game when they are pressed at the same moment. What happens is that while I press shift I can't press KP0 at the same time :/
The odd thing is that I managed to reach this point in the game thinking that this was the way the game worked ^^'' because you can in fact flip during a jump if you release the Shift in time. The acrobatic is not correct for the rooftop tho.

I just added 2 new 'bind' to the key_config and voilà I jumped on the roof at the first try..

Thanks anyhow for letting me post this on the forum. Happy playing everyone :)

#4 12/22/07 16:12

geyser
Website

Ah, ghost keys. Didn't even think of that. Most people use the defaults for jump and crouch.
Also note that this jump shouldn't be impossible even with ghost keys. Just a little bit harder.

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

Board footer