Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/01/16 02:11

Scarlett

Will Oni run on windows 10?

Will Oni run on windows 10? I saw a better laptop I want to buy that comes with windows 10 installed. So I wonder f ONI would run on it

#2 11/01/16 06:11

s10k
Website

Re: Will Oni run on windows 10?

Yes it runs fine.

#3 11/02/16 06:11

Scarlett

Ok thanks smile

#4 08/14/17 05:08

Lizardizzle

Digging this up because I'm on Windows 10, and recently the game hasn't been cooperating with my keyboard or mouse inputs. I'm not sure if this is an issue anyone else has had or is having recently, but I'll try to describe it.

The game runs at the right framerate just fine. The menu works fine and cutscenes and gameplay look smooth. When I move my mouse, it feels like the game waits a full second to react to my movements. the camera moves in jerky jumps to where I think the game thinks I should have moved my mouse during that second. It's just jerky mouse movement entirely.

When I try to move or jump, it feels like there's the same odd delay on inputs as well. If I hold the foward key, I don't move at all for at least a full second, or even almost two, then move forward as normal until I let go, at which point I'll stop moving when the next "second" has completed.

If I try to press escape to open the menu, the escape key must be held down or pressed just as the second passes so the game registers that escape is being pressed.

It's as if the game's input system is only being tallied in one-second increments. It's really weird and nothing I've ever seen before, and I've played Oni multiple times within the last year, on the same install.

Another detail: This same effect appears when running AE without any mods, with mods, in windowed, fullscreen, fullscreen-windowed, with Daodan.dll, and even in a completely default copy of the game at the original resolution.

I really would like to replay Oni again soon. Anyone had this issue?

Edit: I read a few other posts and found mention of v-sync, tried changing it from "off" to "Application controlled" in the Nvidea Control Panel, and it seems to be fixed now.

Last edited by Lizardizzle (08/14/17 07:08)

#5 08/14/17 08:08

Iritscen

Good to know that worked for you, thanks for sharing.  The more places we mention the solution to a problem, the more likely others will come across that info in the future.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer