Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/22/16 18:08

Scarlett

What do you guys think about a flying character?

So I was thinking about the level I posted about here but I figured I might not be able to make a monkey which brought me to make mutant version for my character, in the form of a harpy. I've already written down some moves I am planning to make for her so far. I was planning to do it like the jump idles would be a glide that have her slowly go down with her arms/wings extended outward. And when fighting, she would hover herself a little above ground. And create a level specifically to fight her and the clones like described in my old post about the monkey boss (See link: http://oni.bungie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2996 ). So what do you guys think? I was also planning to try something new such as giving her telekinetic throws by experimenting with the throw range to see if it is possible.

Last edited by Scarlett (08/22/16 19:08)

#2 08/23/16 01:08

paradox-01

Re: What do you guys think about a flying character?

Of course you can create more special/boss characters but IMO those won't be perceived much as such when there mostly guys of their own kind around. Heros need sidekicks, a journey or t least cinematic advertisement (short movies*) be appear epic. (*Latest example: Overwatch - UT without story mode ~cough~). Our boss arsenal feels more and more like a comic convention. For me another overpowered character (telekinetic throws = spam threat) will not do it. smile
We need more characters that can be wasted as cannon fodder, goons for the existing bosses. In that sense the harpy would be a new type of ..erm.. regular troops (best to be mixed with others), posing a new challenge by its abilities but not through high damage or health.

Last edited by paradox-01 (08/23/16 02:08)

#3 08/23/16 15:08

Scarlett

Re: What do you guys think about a flying character?

I understand what you are saying but I was planning on doing it like you fight her and at certain hp level ads/mobs/goons whatever you call it will start to appear. I use her as a harpy because no other character in the game is like that and the moves I am planning to give her. The ads will have a lot lower health and will do something of their own depending on the type, like for example red ads will try to set you ablaze or hurt fire balls at you, and brown ads will hit hard, yellow ads stuns, white ads moves faster, purple ads poison and black ads can self destruct. The main boss will have the super shield and Daodanized and have high health. After hitting her the first time she spawns 1 ad, at 80% health she spawns another ad, at 60% and 40% health she spawns 2 ads, and at 20%, 15% and 10% health she spawns 3 ads. The ads will be different variant from the main so they spawn in random types and not having 2 or more boss characters spawning, so sometimes you might get 2 red and one purple, or 3 browns or any other random types of the ads. I won't make the telekinetic throw since that only makes the boss more unfair. I am also planning on borrow part of the dream lab to make this level. There will be hypos and shields laying around and you will be Daodanized and have full hypos and force field at the start. To start the level you just have to activate a console then the boss will spawn to attack you. Also when the ads spawn, a text will appear, "Elementals, follow your master's order: Destroy the invader!" Will appear on screen. Also I think it would be cool to play a harpy to glide around for fun in other levels especially in the rooftop level. More move animations keep popping up in my head to make right now but I have been very busy so no time to fix my laptop yet

Board footer