Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/07/14 08:02

Onicide

Oni Comic Scans?

Greetings to all,

Firstly I'll be upfront and apologise for this post before hand. It's definitely not the best introductory post.

I only just recently found out about the darkhorse comics, and I have been trying to get my hands on them.
Apparently DarkHorse digital doesn't have them in digital format, which is a bit of an issue since I live in Asia currently so shipping them over would up the price like crazy.

After over a whole week of browsing online I have gotten my hands on a really great scan on issue 3 (which I would be willing to share), and I know the wiki has ok-ish scans of 0,1 and 2. However I have poor eyesight so I cannot read them for the life of me.

I would be ever so grateful if anyone who actually owns the comics would provide high quality scans of 0,1,2 (or has them already).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Onicide (02/07/14 08:02)

#2 02/07/14 11:02

tens

Re: Oni Comic Scans?

Yo, sadly there's not much but here, enjoy.

http://wiki.oni2.net/Category:Dark_Horse_comics

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#3 02/07/14 22:02

Iritscen

Welcome Onicide!  It looks like you're already aware of the wiki scans.  I guess enlarging them on-screen doesn't make them more readable for you?  But yes, it would be nice if someone does have higher-quality scans of the comics.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 02/08/14 04:02

Onicide

Hi,

thank you Iritscen for the welcome, and thank you Tens for the link.

Yes I am aware of the wiki link and I tried to enlarge the images, and while I can get a general idea of what is happening in a panel the text gets far too pixely to read, at least for my eyes.

I do have a really good scan of issue 3 (could share that if you like, the res of each page is 988x1517 which is clear enough for me), and the people who made that scan have the others I believe, but it's so old I think the group doesn't exist any more.

Obviously I would prefer a hard copy version, but the shipping cost alone is like 20x the price of the comic at least sad

thanks again

#5 02/08/14 09:02

Iritscen

Yep, I wouldn't be able to justify the cost of the comic either, and since it's long out of print, there's no money from purchases going back to Dark Horse anyway.

I would be interested in seeing the higher-quality images.  Do the scans have the same bending of pages as seen here, or are they actually scanned flat?

#6 02/08/14 10:02

Onicide

Frankly if they were available on Dark Horse Digital I would have bought them, but it seems they are taking ages to put up their old releases, and I doubt small series such as this would even be on the list.

Looked through it, and it's flat, and really good quality, the only time you see any oddities, is when they scanned two pages together as they are one large centre fold, and by oddity I mean the slight line, as they put the two pages side by side, but it's not distracting or anything.

Last edited by Onicide (02/08/14 10:02)

#7 02/08/14 10:02

Iritscen

Cool.  It would be nice to have those.  Are you comfortable editing wikis?  If so, you could upload the new scans over the existing images of the issue 3 pages.  You'll need to register for the wiki first, which requires sending an account request.  If you use the same name as you do on here, I can approve that request fairly quickly and you can start editing.  Or, if you prefer to just send the images to me somehow, I can upload them myself.

#8 02/08/14 10:02

Onicide

Never edited a wiki, so would prefer to send them directly to you if you fancy. The file is 9mb with winrar.

#9 02/08/14 12:02

Iritscen

Sure, that would be good.  You should be able to send me an email through my profile (click on my name).

#10 02/08/14 13:02

Onicide

Oddly enough I can't click on your name, there's no link attached that leads to your profile. (can't click on anyone's names to go to their profiles)

#11 02/08/14 15:02

Iritscen

Hmm, maybe that's only available for moderators....  Okay, my email address is my username, at yahoo.com.

#12 02/12/14 14:02

Iritscen

Okay, I've replaced the old scans of issue 3 with the larger, higher-quality ones courtesy of Onicide.  I also put together a simple gallery for each issue so it's easier to read the pages sequentially and all on one page.  The issue galleries are linked to from here: http://wiki.oni2.net/Category:Dark_Horse_comics.

Board footer