Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 01/19/08 23:01

LastmanSAC

Re: Ideas for Oni 2

I saw Nausicaa: valley of the winds on TV the other day, freakin righteous it is big_smile.

@enemy thing, you're probably right: evil is to much of a definitive term.
Oni is more concerned with humanity and totalatarianism then evil or whatever, so perhaps evolve on those in some way, like posing whether Konoko did was the right thing? Whether she should give a damn about humanity since they've cast her out.
Uh....you get the idea.

#102 01/20/08 01:01

Your_Mom
Website

Good an evil are comparative.
There can be no good without evil. When all that is evil is removed, that which is the least good becomes evil.
Likewise, there can be no evil without good. When all that is good is removed, that which is the least evil becomes good.
Its like bigger and smaller. Each can't exist without the other or there will only be uniformity.

droid803sig.jpg

#103 01/20/08 07:01

Ultimatum479

That post is filled with assumptions about what good and evil are in the first place.

Work in progress...

#104 01/20/08 07:01

geyser
Website

The notions of good and evil are pretty much worthless, especially for an atheist.
It's interesting how people relate to them, because that's a major aspect of culture.
But I wouldn't expect anyone to actually think in terms of good and evil in real life.

@ LastmanSAC: The Nausicaa movie is OK, but it's nothing like the graphic novel.
As for Konoko being resentful of the human race, you'll need to develop more smile

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#105 01/23/08 01:01

LastmanSAC

@geyser, thanks for the tip.

Oh, the society of the future would proabably be very different from today, expand!

#106 01/24/08 11:01

VidBoi7

I've fallen in love with Guido's renderings. Especially the color pallete -- reminds me of a pile of dry, dead leaves soaking in the mud.

Best idea I got for an initial 'hook' is that the Little Girl I hear about on the oni2 wiki and relations are being hunted by bandits of some kind and run into the old Hasegawa lab for safety. And someone just can't leave well enough alone.
Tutorial mode can be a recreation of the Oni 1 tut mode. Some allusion that it all happened a long time ago, or that its a dream-like state would be good.

I do like the idea of 'side-quests' that Geyser put forth recently. Oni 2 shouldn't be entirely about the past. It should have some dealing with it, but not dictate it. Some info on pre-Oni history and info about the events during Oni should be in little corners where the player has to do some looking for them.

For example, lets say one mission takes place in an abandoned Syndicate or TCTF building. Jump starting the databanks and finding the right terminal could allow one to find something about a main character.

[Example: Griffin's rookie years in the TCTF? tongue]

Board footer