Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 02/08/14 18:02

Iritscen

Re: NEW LEVEL : Chapter 17: Wilderness Preserve - Hasegawa Adventure.

Loser wrote:

If anyone is interested, here is a last piece from me before Oni goes away from the HDD - globalized sidekick script.

Ah, thanks for sharing the results of your labors instead of dragging them to the Recycle Bin with Oni ^_^

EdT, I feel the pain that MAC does nto support additional BSL commands, however those are documented on Daodan Wiki page, so assumption was made they work across the whole 7th edition platform.

The Daodan DLL is Windows-only, there's never been a Mac Daodan; therefore, anything on that page is implicitly only going to work on Windows tongue

Iritscen, if some work is to be put into those additional BSL commands, then I would like to ask to not only enable them for MAC, but also review the code behind them, pretty please.

Yes, I already knew from Gumby that some of the commands were buggy.  No one has really put them into use in any mods before now, to my knowledge.  I don't mind revealing that I have a Mac Daodan working now, but it won't be ready for release for a while longer.  When it is, I can add these commands to it, and I will also make sure that the Windows ones work properly.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#52 05/18/14 00:05

Saijan

hay Sameer ho can i add level 17 in my missions.... sad  :8

#53 05/08/16 23:05

Kami

I'am sorry, but This mode don't start to me, I don't find the Chapter 17 among the saves, even with the New Weapon Pack and Hasegawa's Skin Pack too. Please help me!

Last edited by Kami (05/09/16 00:05)

#54 05/09/16 09:05

Iritscen

For me, "Wilderness Preserve" appears after "TCTF Science Prison" in the Load Game list.  Does the level not appear there for you?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#55 05/09/16 16:05

EdT
Website

@Kami, Try this, play level 14 "TCTF Science Prison", enter Developer Mode, press F1 then x then F1, and press ~ to bring up the console. Now enter "win", you should get the mission complete screen, this should lead to the "Wilderness Preserve" level.  After this, the "Wilderness Preserve" should appear in the menu as long as you have the mod installed.

#56 07/03/16 22:07

3371-Alpha

I know this is a bit late, but this is rather impressive. I never knew you could add your own level.
It's undeniable that parts of Oni seemed rather incomplete. Parts of it's concept & plot seemed underdeveloped at times. I'm not being rude, it's just the truth. It's still a good game none the less, but has it's flaws.
However, using this method, we can extend (or even replace, if necessary) parts of the plot. We can make Oni into the game it should have been! The only problem now is finding a voice actor that sounds similar enough to Amanda Winn-Lee to give these enhancements proper cutscenes.

PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 64MB (GPU overclocked to 438.75MHz, VRAM to 330.75MHz)

#57 07/04/16 13:07

paradox-01

Or re-record all of Mai's dialogs and sounds. Then it doesn't need to be that similar. ^_^
I wonder how many girls are still visiting the forums, have a good mic and would be willing to do recordings.
Recording Jamie's dialogs would be a good start, though.

#58 07/13/16 11:07

Samer
Website

Glad to see new people actually trying this.

I wonder if there's some voice manipulation software that we can use to make a male voice sound female tongue

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#59 07/13/16 16:07

dosmer

Samer wrote:

I wonder if there's some voice manipulation software that we can use to make a male voice sound female tongue

Not that I know of. Female voices have a higher pitch, and you can raise the pitch easily enough. Unfortunately that won't really make it sound any more feminine - there's a lot more to it. I knew this already, but I just tested it anyway. If I raise the pitch of my voice a little (like a major third, for those of you who know about musical intervals), I just get to sound like a smaller guy who seriously needs to relax. And the more I raise the pitch, the more I sound like a cartoon mouse - I still don't sound anything like a girl.

Last edited by dosmer (07/14/16 09:07)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

#60 07/14/16 16:07

Scarlett

Hmm isn't there a software that can alter your voice?

#61 07/15/16 21:07

dosmer

Scarlett wrote:

Hmm isn't there a software that can alter your voice?

Well, there are lots of effect filters that you can add to make your voice sound different in many funny ways. I haven't really experimented with that, but I've never heard of a "female" filter, and I don't think much effort has been made to create one: People who produce sound tracks usually find it easier just to hire a real female.
A possibility is of course to speak in falsetto, but it still isn't quite the same, unless you're a really skilled voice artist.
I think the best option - if you really can't get a girl - might be to get a boy of eleven or twelve.

Last edited by dosmer (07/15/16 21:07)

#62 07/16/16 07:07

paradox-01

I agree with dosmer. From what I've seen there's no perfect conversion between male and female voice.
Anyway, the best tool for this task seems to be Melodyne.
Wonder how good the result is if we even try on changing voice style à la Team Four Star. big_smile

#63 07/16/16 11:07

paradox-01

All right, let's try this.

Anyone willing to do this can try. (Samer, reading your comment, I guess you are in general okay adding voices to this mod. If not tell me.)

So here's a slightly updated script of SP0.

Do the recording for all 3 characters and upload it to your google drive, dropbox, etc. Post link here or send me a forum email. (Login for that function.)

(flashback voice)

James: Jamie was an activist. She knew government was concealing the facts about the environmental crisis. She was determined to set things straight no matter what the cost.

James: Jamie convinced me to join in the struggle. We both knew it was dangerous but we were young and thought we were indestructible.

---

James: Are you sure you want to do this, Jamie?

Jamie: We've been over this James... we HAVE to do this!

James: But honey, think of Mai and Muro... what if something happened to us?!

Jamie: James... we're doing this for them! We can't let them live in the contaminated world the government is creating.
We know they're hiding something there. This is our chance to expose them and put an end to this!

James: But it's too dangerous....

Kerr: James, you know there's no stopping her when she's determined.

James: I know....

Jamie: We will be fine, dear. It's the right thing to do.

Jamie: I hope you're right....

Jamie: Take care of the kids while we're gone.

Kerr: All right, be careful, sister.

Kerr: You too, James.

---

(The Hasegawas are approaching the zone. Electric car sound should be played here.)

(flashback voice)

James: We never should have left the city. But we wanted proof of what was being allowed to happen.

James: They called it a Wilderness Preserve. It was one of the Contaminated Zones, the dirty secrets that the government made it easy to ignore.

James: We knew that traveling there would brand us as enemies of the state. We thought we were prepared to deal with the consequences of our choice, but what happened was more horrible than anything we could have ever imagined.

---

James: We have to sneak in....
Remember, there are 2 consoles we have to activate in order to gain access to the main entrance.

Jamie: I know dear... we have been watching this place for days now.
Besides, we have your phase cloaking devices....

James: Yes, but they're still prototypes. They'll only last 15 seconds before needing to recharge.

Jamie: Then I guess we'll just have to be quick.

---

James: We're in!

Jamie: Just in time! The cloaking devices are all out of energy!

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/16/16 11:07)

#64 07/16/16 17:07

dosmer

paradox-01 wrote:

the best tool for this task seems to be Melodyne.

WOW! That Melodyne is AWESOME! That formant tool is just what you need. I knew quite a lot about formants already, but I had no idea this tool even existed.

paradox-01 wrote:

I agree with dosmer.

I don't! Having heard this, I take it all back! Too bad it's $700 for the version that'll allow you to do this. I'm definitely going to download the trial version when I have a bit more time to try it out.

Last edited by dosmer (07/16/16 17:07)

#65 07/24/16 15:07

paradox-01

A whole week passed and nothing. This was for the last time. I'm discontinuing all of my modding activities. ^_^

#66 07/24/16 17:07

Delano762
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

A whole week passed and nothing. This was for the last time. I'm discontinuing all of my modding activities. ^_^

sad face sad

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer