Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 12/30/13 04:12

tens

Re: wilderness preserve level pre-release discussion.

Guys.. Guys! I have doubt. Who are we playing in this level? It says Hasegawa's Flashback which could mean we play as the Father. Or do we play his memories with Mai?

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#77 12/30/13 07:12

Samer
Website

well if the videos I've posted by now aren't clear tongue .. you're playing as James\Dr Hasegawa and there will be small parts playing as Jamie...

Last edited by Samer (12/30/13 07:12)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#78 12/30/13 11:12

Samer
Website

I'm having an issue with triggers\lasers and their speed.
in the BINACJBOTrigger file i have set a speed for each laser the way i want
Example <Speed>2.5</Speed> trigger id 1 ...
I also want to make an easier version where the lasers are slower so for example the 2.5 should become 2.
so I use this command trig_speed 1 2 ... but instead of it slowing down to 2 it becomes faster ... anyone knows why ? or how i can decrease the laser speed to the correct value (ex from 2.5 to 2) via bsl ?

Last edited by Samer (12/30/13 11:12)

#79 12/30/13 12:12

Iritscen

Perhaps when it says "speed" it means "delay", maybe the number of ticks before the laser moves?  Just a guess.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#80 12/30/13 12:12

s10k
Website

I believe that trig_speed multiplies the current speed by the value that you specify.

For instance if you want it 2x slower use 0.5: "trig_speed 1 0.5".

Last edited by s10k (12/30/13 12:12)

#81 01/02/14 07:01

Samer
Website

thanks s10k you were right about the lasers.

Which level numbers are currently used ?
I saw a list on the wiki once can't seem to find it again, when i search for new levels on the wiki only this comes up http://wiki.oni2.net/New_levels

#82 01/02/14 08:01

paradox-01

Iritscen replaced the list with this link: http://mods.oni2.net/mods/Package?order … r&sort=asc

#83 01/02/14 10:01

EdT
Website

Muro's Lair Level 20
Parkour Level 21
De Dust Level 22
Boss Battle Level 23
Old China Level 24
Fight Club Level 25
City Level 28
Island Level 29

Samer: sometime ago you wanted to reserve levels 26 and 27 for your projects

#84 01/02/14 11:01

Samer
Website

@paradox/iritscen ... why tongue that list shows package order not level number. That list was very useful.
Ed there are still other levels, maze level, junkyard, parteon temple, arena .. yes I wanted to reserve 26 for bgi fight club and I have something else in mind for 27.
For this level im hoping for an earlier number  ... close to dream lab.

#85 01/02/14 12:01

paradox-01

"that list shows package order not level number"
K, my bad. I thought you originally meant this one but it has no level numbers either. sad

#86 01/02/14 13:01

Samer
Website

I meant this one, http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:ONLV#Level_rel … wiki_pages
but turns out it didn't have the numbers, so I added them and added the island, and de dust deluxe level to the list.

However, as you can see it's not as tidy as it can be, it would be better to have it in some form of table arranged by level number, I'm not good with wiki formatting yet so I don't want to break anything ... and might be a good idea to link to it form the making a mod package tutorial or from new levels pages.

Also as you can see some levels have same number and some are using level 7 and level 5 .. do I have the creator's permission (Ed and me mainly tongue) to move junkyard to 17 instead of 15 so that level 15 (right after the dream lab) is cleared up for the wilderness preserve ^_^ ?

and if you guys are ok with more changes later I suggest this order:
arena 30
junkyard 31
hexagon 32
(all are beat em up arenas)
maze 33
this clears up level 7 for something more story related and fixes the maze and parteon having same number)

EDIT: actually never mind ... I forgot that the SC prison comes after dream lab and they're numbered 11 and 12 on the splash screen not same as folder number so no matter what wilderness won;t be right after it ... so I'm going to use level 17 for both spalsh and folder number for the wilderness preserve.

Last edited by Samer (01/02/14 13:01)

#87 01/02/14 16:01

Samer
Website

sorry for the several questions lately but I'm trying to finish the mod before my vacation is over and new issues keep arising ...

so can someone help explain this to me please ?
if we have 2 files of same name one is used in level0_Final and one in say level17_Final. then when you load level 17 wouldn't it use the file form level17 not level0 ?
Basically in this new level I want james to use a modified ONCC from the one in the Hasegawa package, removing chenille and taunts (cz he says in the taunt jamie's death won't be in vain, would be weird since she's alive in the level) . and I don't want to make the change permanent in the hasegawa package.

In the Hasegawa package ONCCjames_explore is in level0_Final.

in the wilderness package I add the new ONCCjames_explore to level17_Final this one doesn't have daodon powers or taunts. then I install ... both packages are necessary as the hasegawa one still has the textures and the trac ... I load level 17, james is still using the ONCC of level0_final from the hasegawa package and not the level17_final from the wilderness (Still has taunts and daodon) ... so how come :\ ? (Also wilderness pack has higher number)

Last edited by Samer (01/02/14 16:01)

#88 01/02/14 16:01

paradox-01

"it would be better to have it in some form of table arranged by level number"

I wouldn't mind even if all new levels have the same number, e.g. level 20.
And someday the level numbers will have been assigned double or triple. big_smile

#89 01/02/14 16:01

Samer
Website

well you wouldn't mind .. but for now if we give the same number it's an unnecessary incompatibility, and when we do give same number we should add the incompatiblewith to the mod.cfg which isn't done to maze and arena since it wasn't available at the time of their release. not to mention how the level load list would become when some levels add permanent save points to it and then levels with same number has more or less save points.

so till that time i was suggesting the table for easier viewing to avoid same numbers.

anyway as i said i'll use level 17. and I have another problem to figure out

#90 01/02/14 16:01

paradox-01

Okidoki.

#91 01/02/14 21:01

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

so can someone help explain this to me please ?
if we have 2 files of same name one is used in level0_Final and one in say level17_Final. then when you load level 17 wouldn't it use the file form level17 not level0 ?

Alloc tested this while working on the AEI and informed me that level 0 does in fact take precedence over level-specific (>0) .dat resources.  You might expect the opposite to be more logical, but aren't Oni's vanilla level-specific .dats really just supplements to what's in level 0?  So Bungie didn't see a reason for level-specific .dats to override level 0 because they were going to be offering different unique resources.

#92 01/02/14 22:01

Samer
Website

but before that I'm pretty sure we placed files in levelx_final and they didn't get overwritten by the level0 one, Example in SMP-Coversion  and in Smart Barabas .. we put the modified melee profile in levelx_final ... then in these levels the melee profile from levelx is used and not the one from level0 ... while in the other levels they'd use the melee profile from level0.
so when u localize the file in levelx that x level should use it from there before it looks in level0 ... could it be that certain type of files are always loaded from level0_final first like the ONCCs, and other file types are loaded from the levelx first like the melee profile case ?

Last edited by Samer (01/02/14 22:01)

#93 01/03/14 07:01

Iritscen

Mm, right.  Sorry, my knowledge of some things has gotten very rusty.  It looks like that was a misunderstanding, because Oni should be searching the current level for resources before level 0.  All I can guess is that there's something linking to the level 0 ONCC and causing the look-up to go through that channel instead of directly looking for ONCCs.  But I'm just wildly speculating now.

#94 01/03/14 10:01

Samer
Website

that's alright ... something strange is happening there ... @Alloc could it be the new Installer not writing files into the levelx if there are similar ones in level0?

meanwhile guys, which intro splash screen do you prefer ?

1.Oni+2014-01-03+17-30-12-20.jpg

or
2.Oni+2014-01-03+17-41-56-60.jpg

Last edited by Samer (01/03/14 10:01)

#95 01/03/14 11:01

Iritscen

The first one, it's a cleaner layout and more pleasant to look at than toxic waste smile

#96 01/03/14 11:01

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

that's alright ... something strange is happening there ... @Alloc could it be the new Installer not writing files into the levelx if there are similar ones in level0?

Nope, AEI doesn't care about what is done with files. If at all it could be OniSplit but that shouldn't care about what's happening in other levelX-files either wink

Did you try to extract the generated levelX (17?) manually after it has been built by AEI/OniSplit to see if it actually contains your file?

/EDIT:
PS: If you want *me* to read your questions you should put them somewhere I'll notice them. Like in an AE(I)-related thread, mail, IM ... wink
If iritscen hadn't pointed me to your post I'd have never seen it.

Last edited by Alloc (01/03/14 11:01)

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#97 01/03/14 12:01

s10k
Website

Iritscen wrote:

The first one, it's a cleaner layout and more pleasant to look at than toxic waste smile

Indeed.

I'm excited with your level.

Last edited by s10k (01/03/14 12:01)

#98 01/03/14 17:01

uroboros

second. its true that first is easier for eye to watch but second is more interesting

#99 01/03/14 18:01

EdT
Website

I like the first version because Dirty Secrets are usually hidden behind clean and pleasant masks smile

#100 01/03/14 19:01

Samer
Website

ok so definitely the outside view but I felt it's still missing something ... so here are some other possible layouts ... I can't decide myself :\ so I appreciate your opinion.
1.intro3+psd.jpg

2.intro8+psd.jpg

3.intro9+psd.jpg

4.intro5+psd.jpg

5.intro7+psd.jpg

Last edited by Samer (01/03/14 19:01)

Board footer