Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/09/13 15:04

Konoko123

Oni Ending Explanation?

Hello. I am new here. Mostly because I saw some old Oni videos, and just wanted to make sure I understood the ending to Oni. Could someone summarize the ending again? And what could've happened after the outro? I mean there wasn't a secret ending relating to the storyline, other than what Mai said?

Last edited by Konoko123 (04/09/13 15:04)

#2 04/09/13 16:04

TOCS

Re: Oni Ending Explanation?

Everything about the game is half-finished due to all the cut material and revamping of the gaming during beta stages. It's possible that they intended much more with the story as well as the ending. It's hard to tell.

#3 04/09/13 16:04

Iritscen

Nope, no secret ending.  The ending as shown in the game is basically that Mai causes the Cataclysm on 12/3, but it's not as bad as what Muro would have done.  In order to prevent him from reversing the flow of air in the world's ACCs and making it extra-polluted, she sent a bad command to the ACCs that caused them to break down, or even blow up (at least, many of them are destroyed).  So as Mai says at the end, "the dead and the dying now line the streets", as the pollution closes in on the cities, but the good news is that they can use the Chrysalis to help people adapt to the pollution.  Unless they become a whole bunch of Mutant Muros and the world is destroyed by rampaging superhuman monsters.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 04/09/13 16:04

Konoko123

Yeah I heard about Oni wasn't being actually finished, but now I'm sure. Thanks TOCS.

Iritscen, It would be really awesome if there was more to the ending, or if the ending was a cliff hanger. But the original ending was also good. I just couldn't get enough of the game, and was just hoping for more content.  smile

#5 04/09/13 16:04

Samer
Website

well you're in luck because we do add a lot of content ourselves ^_^ new levels and characters and such so i hope you try anniversary edition.
and we have had some fan fic on possible sequels or alternative endings in the creative minds section.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 04/09/13 16:04

Konoko123

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention Samer. I am still new in Anniversary Edition. I do not know how it works, since I got it only half an hour ago. Could you please tell me more about AE, or direct me into a place where it is explained there? This new content sounds really cool  smile

#7 04/09/13 17:04

Samer
Website

sure .. link to what you need to know about AE http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2566
just download and install .. follow what the thread says .. you can then select and download new content from the list .. such as :
*characters: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bzZh … 20pack.jpg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sntev0Gj … e=youtu.be
*graphical improvements: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-sham … 201215.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4480/comparisons.png
*new levels: http://edt.oni2.net/images/OldChinaIntro.jpg
*new weapons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kJF7HSJ … e=youtu.be

I also suggest to take a look at the videos we have here http://wiki.oni2.net/Videos ... to form an idea of what we have to offer smile

it all starts with installing Anniversary Edition and then you'll be able to select what you like, out of our large variety of modifications that will sure renew your love for the game ^_^

Last edited by Samer (04/09/13 17:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#8 04/09/13 18:04

Knox

Come to think about it, it actually would be cool to add on to the ending. Maybe expand the final boss to include an escape sequence where Konoko has to get out of the mountain complex and to a helicopter before it blows?

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#9 04/09/13 18:04

Iritscen

Perhaps, although I don't think there's an ACC at the Compound, so it would have to be something else blowing up smile

#10 04/09/13 18:04

Valkyrur

Er, wasn't the point of Sturmanderung to cause the ACCs to spew out the most polluted air as possible, not blow them up?

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#11 04/09/13 19:04

Iritscen

Yes, that's why Konoko blew them up.

#12 04/09/13 21:04

TheCreature

@Valkyrur:  Yes, that was the point of sturmanderung.  Konoko hacked the code and told it blow everything up.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#13 05/01/13 17:05

tens

Iritscen wrote:

Perhaps, although I don't think there's an ACC at the Compound, so it would have to be something else blowing up smile

it would probably have been the core of the plant they were at, or the reactors running the place

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#14 07/24/13 00:07

mariparis

There's one thing I didn't understand about the ending but in the last data console there were different options Konoko could choose from. There was one option that said abort process so why didn't Konoko choose that one?

#15 07/24/13 06:07

Iritscen

That's a good question.  My guess is that if Konoko aborted the process, there'd be nothing to stop Muro from starting it up again.  If you imagine that Konoko is unsure she'll survive her raid on the Compound, her actions make more sense.

#16 07/24/13 08:07

tens

Iritscen wrote:

My guess is that if Konoko aborted the process, there'd be nothing to stop Muro from starting it up again.  If you imagine that Konoko is unsure she'll survive her raid on the Compound, her actions make more sense.

Wouldn't it make more sense that, she wouldn't get many more opportunities like this one? The Syndicate was slowly winning in the long run and the second time around doesn't have the surprise i just entered your base from 5000 feet in the air. It had to be now and it had to end. Muro would only grow stronger with time. Slowly building a ever-growing army of Syndies. So yeah. I'm pretty sure she understood that from the amount of equipment they had. Or maybe she knew that Muro would make a more sound plan than the one she aborted making it almost impossible for her to come back and stop it again. My guess concludes at that.... What about yours? smile

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#17 07/24/13 12:07

Iritscen

Yes, those are good points as well.  Either way, Konoko didn't have an army to back her up, so she couldn't simply take over the compound.  All she could do was sabotage it, doing as much damage as possible.

#18 07/24/13 23:07

tens

Agreed.. a lot of questions actually pop up now when you think about it.. but at the time she was more in the dark than us. So she probably would have done this either way. Fighting till the end that is.

Board footer